Sparta, Wisconsin Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough :wink:

Ooh. Good luck with that! Nutectomy... :giggle:

:lol: I just want to know what's wrong with Melbourne bakers, what's inducing them to sprinkle nuts over danishes, of all things! I'd expect that kind of silliness in Queensland, not in Melbourne.

:lol: I just want to know what's wrong with Melbourne bakers, what's inducing them to sprinkle nuts over danishes, of all things! I'd expect that kind of silliness in Queensland, not in Melbourne.

The Nut Council is behind it all... :shh:

I've said too much. :uhoh:

Tuna is the only fish I ever enjoyed eating. Well, apparently king george whiting was my favourite food when I was too young to remember (all covered in lemon juice) but that didn't follow up into my later childhood. So good choice, Ali!

Oh, yeah, I'd certainly be really excited if it happens - I just won't be expecting us to go much further! I do get the impression from comments by you and Danny and others that the Tigers may be on the verge of some better form and better years, though?

I haven't looked at the Tigers this year as closely as I would have liked to (indeed, my interest in this season started fading away early due to our poor form, especially after the hell of last season, such a crash from the heaven of the year earlier) - but from what I can see, you have a real chance of making the finals for the next few years, good mix of young and old. I don't think it's premiership material yet, but I thought the same of Geelong a few years back. Anything's possible.

:lol: I was fucking hopeless at it. Funny memory from New Zealand, though. Might've shared this before on the thread. There were a bunch of guys in my grade when I was nine or so who really wanted to play basketball, but it wasn't offered at my primary school - just rugby and soccer and stuff. So they all signed up for netball!

In grade nine, we did a whole dancing unit, for like six weeks. Various folk styles for the most part. It was horrible and nobody enjoyed it. Then before the school formal, there were dancing lessons too, but I had long since left PE and I wasn't going to the formal, so I managed to dodge that. And heh, just after I finished, my high school opened a gym ... I've wondered just how nastily full of testosterone it is.

Yeah, I think you told me that once before! :lol: I love that, I imagine them being tough jock like kids, too.

I didn't do too much dancing at school, but did you know I was an enthusiastic Irish dancer when I was younger? It's still the only dance I can actually do. Even owned some of the get-up. The class eventually fell apart, though.

Fucking hell, Collingwood 92 - 29 Sydney.

Have the Demons taken the field dressed as the Swans or something?

How's the Lions game going, anybody?

The Nut Council is behind it all... :shh:

I've said too much. :uhoh:

A Nut Councilman has arrived at my house and pointed a gun to my head. He insists that I tell you that you have this waiting for you.

istockphoto_2662649_guillotine.jpg

Fucking hell, Collingwood 92 - 29 Sydney.

Have the Demons taken the field dressed as the Swans or something?

How's the Lions game going, anybody?

The Lions game is close, they're up by 8 in the last quarter. Haha, it's like what people were expecting the Pies/Swans game to be like, I bet.

I haven't looked at the Tigers this year as closely as I would have liked to (indeed, my interest in this season started fading away early due to our poor form, especially after the hell of last season, such a crash from the heaven of the year earlier) - but from what I can see, you have a real chance of making the finals for the next few years, good mix of young and old. I don't think it's premiership material yet, but I thought the same of Geelong a few years back. Anything's possible.

Now that is encouraging! I haven't been quite sure what to make of the Tigers the last few weeks, with those great wins over the Hawks and Lions contrasted with thumpings from the likes of the Crows. I have quite enjoyed following their fortunes the last few weeks though.

Yeah, I think you told me that once before! :lol: I love that, I imagine them being tough jock like kids, too.

I didn't do too much dancing at school, but did you know I was an enthusiastic Irish dancer when I was younger? It's still the only dance I can actually do. Even owned some of the get-up. The class eventually fell apart, though.

Yeah, they were all the "cool" guys who came to school every day in Chicago Bulls or Charlotte Hornets shirts, and at lunch they'd scare the girls off the netball courts to play basketball. I think my primary school was able to field an all-male netball team in the local interschool tournament! :lol:

Ha, now I just have visions of James May as an Irish dancer ...

A Nut Councilman has arrived at my house and pointed a gun to my head. He insists that I tell you that you have this waiting for you.

istockphoto_2662649_guillotine.jpg

Ali and Bonnie, don't let those Nut Councilmen push you around! They think they're all big and tough, but they really just live in fear of the Fruit Council forcing them right out of the realm of baked goods.

Ha, now I just have visions of James May as an Irish dancer ...

Fuck you! :lmao:

I might go over to a mate's place in half an hour, since apparently there's something going on. I don't know how many people I'll recognise, but at the least I might be able to scab some weed off of some Bundy-faced jerk.

Lions two points ahead with 10 mins to go...

Oops, Carlton got a goal, Blues 4 pts ahead...!

Nooo! The Blues winning is one of the last things I want to see.

Also, I love how this Greek thread in America right now is so Aussie.

I might go over to a mate's place in half an hour, since apparently there's something going on. I don't know how many people I'll recognise, but at the least I might be able to scab some weed off of some Bundy-faced jerk.

Going to come back and do some stonedposting in Sparta? : wink:

The game just turns to shit when it's this close...

Frantic tossing the ball around and fumbling and stuff?

I thought the close Lions vs Tigers encounter a few weeks back was bloody intense at the end.

Come on, Brisbane Fitzroy!

Going to come back and do some stonedposting in Sparta? : wink:

me: (yelling over A Perfect Circle) HEY ZAC WHAT'S UP
mate: Oh hey Bonnie how have you been how is Adelaide
me: GREAT DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME WEED HERE
mate: yes one of these guys from Adelaide that I don't know the names of
me: GREAT WHERE IS THAT FUCKER
adelaidean: heeeey who da fuk r u
me: I AM STEALING YOUR BONG MADE OUT OF A 375ML COKE BOTTLE
adelaidean: heeeey

This is how it will go down inevitably. MAYBE APC will be replaced by the Red Hot Chili Peppers or Live. In any case, no one wins.

Siren's gone... Blues 115 def. Lions 109.

Carlton was 35 pts down at 3/4 time... and from what I saw, they had a massive lead in the 2nd quarter too. Sounds like an interesting game!

This is how it will go down inevitably. MAYBE APC will be replaced by the Red Hot Chili Peppers or Live. In any case, no one wins.

:lmao:

I'm just disappointed the accompanying music isn't Barrett-era Pink Floyd.

:lol:

Bonnie, I just saw that your Eagles have the Cats in the last week. :hug:

Siren's gone... Blues 115 def. Lions 109.

Carlton was 35 pts down at 3/4 time... and from what I saw, they had a massive lead in the 2nd quarter too. Sounds like an interesting game!

Nooooo! :(

Though that may actually be helpful for the Tigers ...? Still, the Blues winning is :madspit:-worthy.

So, from my n00by calculations looking at the AFL standings right now, the Tigers will make the eight if 1. they beat the Demons next week and 2. St Kilda loses to Adelaide this week and Essendon next week.

Fuck. Losing to Adelaide seems possible, but the Bumbers are having a fairly shitty season, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom