Sparta, Wisconsin Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Serena! You feeling better than before?

And she's only had a couple of beers and a bit of whiskey!

I think we need to define a "bit". It apparently varies from person to person. I have a friend who you just do not allow to mix your drinks for you. I don't know how she still stands after one, myself, but then another friend says the same about me. I am not, however, as liberal with the pouring as my mate Coral. Ravs may be in the same league as my mate?
:hmm:

i can salsways find the contesllation of oriojn but I can never find his sutopud bow and arrow. left or areight. I can dnever foghgire it out,.

(I can always find the constellation of Orion but I can never find his stupid bow and arrow. Left or right. I can never figure it out.)

Have a good one, Anna! :wave:

And since Ravva is our resident lightweight, I expect that by "a bit", she means two drops. :wink:

Yeah, not too bad. Feeling pretty good, although I woke up early in the morning thinking that it was my lifelong destiny to throw up, but that didn't happen, so all's good. Went for a bit of a drive looking for a friend, apparently before I got there he got completely wasted and tripped over and smashed his face, or something. This is unreal, I only arrived at about 9 and that'd already happened. I don't know where he is now, I think he's going to text me about that.

... craziness!

Hey Axver! :wave:
Physically? A bit. My head's still pounding and if I must be honest, I've had better days. :sigh:

How are you?

:lol:
Wow, I'd barely be tipsy.

Lame. :hug:

I'm not too bad. Think my hearing has improved a touch. Music right now isn't sounding quite as ridiculous as last night, though still not ideal at all. At the moment, the Olympics spluttering to a finish and Channel 7 repeating women's basketball from last night has me bored, hence resorting to music!

:lol: I know. Don't you love these cheap drunks!

Ick, that's pretty lame. :hug:

I may not be keen on the Swans, but nobody deserves to get kicked by the bloody Magpies like that! It was depressing so I watched the Olympic handball instead. That was far more enjoyable.

See, I don't really want digital! I'm quite happy with my analogue TV and I certainly don't notice an improvement with digital that justifies me digging into my rather limited budget to upgrade. If I felt I were getting a far better product, I'd probably do it, but for now, I'm content with what I have. It's just a bit frustrating that it excludes me from ABC2 and stuff.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not into the whole upgrade thing, and was "letter writing" pissed that we'd all eventually have to pay for set-top boxes and so on. I'd been managing rather well on a very large old tv my parents really kindly bought me for my 21st birthday, and it wasn't until Mr TechnoWhore decided to buy this stupidly large 300metre (and by 300 metre I mean 52inch) flat screen job that he had to get the digital box to get a picture. Or something. But then we got Foxtel and I think it's part of it. Or something.

Lame. :hug:

I'm not too bad. Think my hearing has improved a touch. Music right now isn't sounding quite as ridiculous as last night, though still not ideal at all. At the moment, the Olympics spluttering to a finish and Channel 7 repeating women's basketball from last night has me bored, hence resorting to music!

:lol: I know. Don't you love these cheap drunks!
Yeah, it's one of those days.

Oh, that's right, it's supposed to end today, isn't it? I hope your ears have improved enough to avoid an operation!

:laugh: They all need to have a drink off, for sure. That would be lulztastic.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not into the whole upgrade thing, and was "letter writing" pissed that we'd all eventually have to pay for set-top boxes and so on. I'd been managing rather well on a very large old tv my parents really kindly bought me for my 21st birthday, and it wasn't until Mr TechnoWhore decided to buy this stupidly large 300metre (and by 300 metre I mean 52inch) flat screen job that he had to get the digital box to get a picture. Or something. But then we got Foxtel and I think it's part of it. Or something.

:lol: Yeah, the TV I'm using, Mum bought when we came to Australia and it's just fine! I don't see the point in forking out for a technology upgrade I don't really want. If the TV crapped out, I'd quite happily buy a digital one, but while it's working just fine, I don't see the bloody point in either a whole new digital TV or a set-top box.

Though right now, I do need a keyboard upgrade. My spacebar is sticking all over the place and driving me nuts. :madspit:

..And by letter-writing pissed, I mean as in one of those things that I joke I will write to someone and complain about when I'm old. I too frequently say "you should write to someone and complain!", never meaning it, of course.

And now, I am off. Like bait left on the pier.
:wave:

Yeah, it's one of those days.

Oh, that's right, it's supposed to end today, isn't it? I hope your ears have improved enough to avoid an operation!

:laugh: They all need to have a drink off, for sure. That would be lulztastic.

Yeah, final events today and Closing Ceremony tonight. Now back to nothing being on daytime TV! Hopefully I've got well just in time.

A Superthread drink-off would truly be one of the funniest things ever.

..And by letter-writing pissed, I mean as in one of those things that I joke I will "write to someone and complain" about when I'm old. I too frequently say "you should write to someone and complain!", never meaning it, of course.

And now, I am off. Like bait left on the pier.
:wave:

I often think I should actually post the fake letters I write here and on my blog. :laugh:

Goodbye! :wave:

ZXuropa, vorhgapung dursh tefchncik. sooozoro[apos be alls that you can be. be a winner. eat to get slimer.

:hiug: Serena. I hope you are feeling more betterere soon.

(Zooropa, vorsprung durch technik. Zooropa, be all that you can be. Be a winner. Eat to get slimmer.

:hug: Serena, I hope you are feeling more better soon.)

:laugh: This is fun.

But thank you. :hug:

Yeah, final events today and Closing Ceremony tonight. Now back to nothing being on daytime TV! Hopefully I've got well just in time.

A Superthread drink-off would truly be one of the funniest things ever.
Well, the Superthread is good entertainment for drunken lulz on the American end of things, right? :wink:

Yes, it would. We need to organise one.

Are you going to start taking your clothes off?
:corn:

And may we all remember that great piece of Internet wisdom: pics or it didn't happen.

Which proves Bonnie's ancient Sparta NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Where are the pics!

I';ve finished drinking for tonight, mostly beacause I've run about of asscohol. so it;'l be back t compreheahonsion city tsoon.

bnext weekend... nexsdxt dweekened is labour day ewekkebnd. which means thereee gloriois sadays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom