sparklehorse and the primitive radio gods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
anyone remember standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my hand? though they will always be known as a one hit wonder - they deserve some recognition. that still is a very cool song.

anyone else remember it?

as for sparklehorse, any of you like the song "its a wonderful life"? brilliant!

i know very little about sparklehorse, what other songs can you recommend?

Gickies Gageeze said:
as for sparklehorse, any of you like the song "its a wonderful life"? brilliant!

:heart: Somebody's getting this from me on the CD exchange. (ssshhh, don't tell)

<------ I changed it for just for you for knowing when to bow. :D

And she's still dancin.'

joyfulgirl said:
<------ I changed it for just for you for knowing when to bow. :D

And she's still dancin.'

well, i know when I'm in the presence of greatness. :wink:

That song was indeed a very cool song. I cannot understand why they were a one-hit wonder. I remember it very well.

i've yet to even find anything else by primitive radio gods. i love the piano solo standing-phonebooth.

anything else by sparklehorse ought to be good; his recording skills is fantastic. good rdnk lyrics. all about bees and horses and stars and birds.

foray

Primitive Radio Gods new album...

OK:

Firstly, allow me to openly admit that I am a shameless name-dropper. Tim Lauterio, the drummer from PRG, is a long time friend of mine, he just sent me a DVD of the new PRG album which is called 'Still Electric'. I don't know if they will be releasing the DVD or not.

But the new album is available only via their website. This forum does not allow me to post the address until I've made 15 posts, so do a search on Google or Yahoo or something and you will find their internet site.

It is highly atmospheric and moody and abstract, and after several listens, I've decided it is just damn good.

After 'Rocket' they did an album called 'Mellotron On' that was never released by Sire, then they did a very good album entitled 'White Hot Peach', which contained cuts from 'Mellotron On' and new stuff, release in 2000.

I figure much of the traffic here is from the U.K. the band will take international money orders, see the link for details.

I was just bouncing around the internet looking for reviews or info about my friend's groups' new album and saw this link and thought I'd update the people who were curious from this thread. Buy the album, you'll love it!

P.S.
I don't work for the band, I swear.

Standing outside a broken phonebooth is one very killer song. I loves it I does.

Sparklehorse is pretty cool. I've listened to their album with the name of that song you mentioned a few times and enjoyed it.

If you like Sparklyhorsie check out "A Camp" -- dude from sparklehorse and chick from the cardigans.. really really good

Back
Top Bottom