Spare me...PLEASE.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They conducted some studies in Austria .... Christmas music makes workers (especially retail workers) suicidal...I couldn't agree more having worked a holiday shift once. :|

Last year I worked in a place where the woman in charge of the radio played Christmas songs non stops for 6 weeks straight. I wanted to shoot myself.

U2democrat said:
My mom is listening to the same James Taylor song over and over (it's some new song on his Christmas CD) until she gets all the lyrics right. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :crack:

At least its not John Denvers "Rocky Mountain Christmas" ie my Mums favourite.

Can you download the lyrics for her?

And buy her a pair of headphones as a Christmas present and give them to her early. :wink:

*sings loudly* GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER*...

*waits for the shotgun*

I had the horror of Christmas music at work combined with the horror of the Bryan/Ryan Adams confusion, making it even worse. :|

I walked into the back room at work, and my boss had a Christmas CD playing, and she was asking me if I recognized the song...because it was that guy I like...Bryan Adams.

:| :| :| :| :|

Even just going into a store with Christmas music playing ONCE makes me think about an overdose. I'd hate to work anywhere like that.

worst christmas CDs ever:

boney m christmas
kenny and dolly's 'i'll be home for christmas'

i got fed up last year and made everyone i know a fun jazzy christmas mix--julie london, ella fitzgerald, lena horne. :up:

non-stop james taylor christmas = :huh: :crazy:

U2democrat said:
oh dear poor BC......you didn't kill your boss, did you?

If I haven't killed her yet, then I don't see myself ever doing it. :wink:

There are a some Christmas songs I adore and could listen to all year though...for example:

"Hey Parker, It's Christmas" - Ryan Adams
"It's Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" - U2
"Christmas In Hollis" - Run DMC
"Blue Christmas" - Bright Eyes

Bonochick said:

There are a some Christmas songs I adore and could listen to all year though...for example:

"Hey Parker, It's Christmas" - Ryan Adams
"It's Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" - U2
"Christmas In Hollis" - Run DMC
"Blue Christmas" - Bright Eyes

Great ones :up:

Add:

'Christmas Time (Dont Let the Bells End)' by The Darkness
'The Angel Gabriel' - Sting
'Christmas Celebration' - Weezer
'The Christmas Song' - Weezer
'Happy X-mas/War Is Over' - John Lennon

I also just got a Christmas CD which is cleverly titled 'Christmas' by THE most fantastic slowcore band, Low. (HLG also somehow got this cd....) :wink:

Oh, oh, oh! How could I forget? While not outright Christmas songs, they make reference...so they are subtle Christmas tunes...which are nice.

"Xmas" - Jesse Malin
"Christmas" - Leona Naess

Back
Top Bottom