Spank Rock!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Is anybody around these parts familiar with the more-or-less Baltimore-based sounds of Spank Rock and their debut LP, YoYoYoYoYo? It's been fighting to become the soundtrack to the start of my summer, and I'm not really finding myself able to resist. Good-ass music, kids.

Although this description will probably drive more people away than it will pull in, I'd describe it as some sort of freakish amalgamation of M.I.A./Diplo (his solo mixtape stuff), 2 Live Crew, and Lady Sov.

Try 'em out at www.spankrock.net, if you dare. And you should. Trust me.

Last edited:
If you shout... said:
Although this description will probably drive more people away than it will pull in, I'd describe it as some sort of freakish amalgamation of M.I.A./Diplo (his solo mixtape stuff), 2 Live Crew, and Lady Sov.

Actually, that makes me want to listen to them. :hmm:

I'll check them out sometime when I'm not on my parents' lightning fast 32k dial-up. :rolleyes:

I'm almost positive I saw one of their tracks available for download from Insound. I'll check when I'm home from work and let you all know what I think.

"Sweet Talk" was the name of the track on Insound, everyone can download it legally for free there if interested. Seems pretty fun on first listen. :up:

Just in case my recommendation wasn't enough for any of the fence-sitters out there, I would like to point out that Spank Rock is one of AMG's featured artists, apparently. If you don't wanna hear it from me, then hear it from the experts.

...And then just hear it from the fucking dudes, cuz they sound a lot better than do all these words.

Back
Top Bottom