Space Moon v1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just frustration from no one telling me anything other than "Space Moon."

I saw the idea, but I wanted to find out what has happened in 37 pages.

phillyfan26 said:
That's just frustration from no one telling me anything other than "Space Moon."

Space Moon descended from the heavens above

At first, many were scared, and some rebelled

But they fell swiftly to the glory of space moon

Tales were told of many Space Moons to come as the pioneer Space Moonlings assembled their Space Moon Tunez

And now we wait with baited breath for Round A of Space Moon v1

CrownVCJ said:

Space Moon descended from the heavens above

At first, many were scared, and some rebelled

But they fell swiftly to the glory of space moon

Tales were told of many Space Moons to come as the pioneer Space Moonlings assembled their Space Moon Tunez

And now we wait with baited breath for Round A of Space Moon v1

Yeah, that's Space Moon.

Mountain Dew Ma said:

Space Moon v2 will welcome you & your beloved.

For all those that are in for v2 and would like to hear the v1 playlists then just let me know and we'll make it happen 'cpn. I know a bunch of people have already left me their emails so.

yes pls! exwhyzee AT gmail DOT com

MOON
SPACE
POWAAAAAH!!!

phillyfan26 said:

I won, but in the spirit of Space Moon I gave my trophy to MDM and then we danced a little bit and ate poutine. I did keep the olive leaf crown though. I'm wearing it now. Nothing else, just me and my crown. My coworkers think it's weird, but they are held captive by earth's gravity so they can GFT for all I care.

Please send me the current lists. My email should be in my profile.

Last edited:
This thread has over 500 replies, and all I've seen is bickering, some album artwork, and posts revolving around the word "space" and "moon".

Just The Bang & The Clatter is a music forum. If you want to have another battle of the mixes thread, that is fine. However, you should get down to business. Otherwise, I don't see a need for this thread in a forum for music.

Like there wasn't bickering in the Desert Island thread?

I seem to remember a certain someone saying that "all the n00bs had crap lists."

We will not be judged so harshly on Space Moon.

Moon in space.

PlaTheGreat said:
Like there wasn't bickering in the Desert Island thread?

People fighting in one thread doesn't mean that fighting in another thread is tolerated.

PlaTheGreat said:
I seem to remember a certain someone saying that "all the n00bs had crap lists."

If you saw a remark that you felt violated the rules, you should have reported the post so that a moderator could have addressed it ASAP, instead of just mentioning it when it's convenient for you to try to prove that the mods are oh-so unfair by only coming down on certain people, because I assure you that's not the case. We're only human, and we have lives outside of this board. It can't be guaranteed that between all of the mods, every single post will be read. That's why it would be nice if members would help us out with problems when they are first seen. We always appreciate that.

PlaTheGreat said:

We will not be judged so harshly on Space Moon.

Moon in space.

I'm not judging, I'm moderating.

I truly don't think I made unreasonable requests. If you guys wish to do a mix competition, that's fine. Go right ahead. But I think there should be more discussion actually related to the competition/music.

I didn't think that comment violated the rules, and it probably doesn't. It's an opinion.

:lol: I didn't mean you about the judging thing.
I meant about the judgment of said individual on Desert Island. At least here no one will deem lists as "crap."

I would consider it to be against the rules, because I find that rude. There are ways to nicely share an opinion.

I'd hope that people would never deem tracklistings as "crap", in this thread or any other one. That is just so unncessary.

Bonochick said:
I would consider it to be against the rules, because I find that rude. There are ways to nicely share an opinion.

I'd hope that people would never deem tracklistings as "crap", in this thread or any other one. That is just so unncessary.

It is, and I think you'll find that although this thread has had a lot of focus on the words "space" and "moon" I think it is due partly to excitement over the fact that anything goes in this mixes thread, in fact I wouldn't even call it a mixes "battle". Battle conotates fight of some kind, and this thread is not about that. It's an inclusive, exciting new thing around here, which I'm looking forward to participating in, whereas I wouldn't feel comfortable in any of the other threads as I really don't have a clue what I'm doing musically. The only bickering that has occured here was when the concept was being questioned, and that was at the beginning. The overall sense of this thread is welcoming, in fact someone I've never spoken to and probably wouldn't really otherwise, has already offered to help me out with artwork (thanks again for that :up: ). I highly doubt you will see any negativity towards each other in regards to quality of mixes etc., in fact the competitive angle here is not as important as the concept of sharing what people come up with within the very few rules. I think the fact that there are over 500 posts in this thread speaks to the fact that something new and fresh was needed in B&C that is less exclusive and judgemental (by that I mean the feeling that your efforts are being judged critically - not a bad thing, but can be intimidating to someone like me), and people are very excited about it.
/ $0.02 :)

Thanks again MDM.

I'm preparing my track list for the next round, and let me just say, this will be An Electric Moon Party or EMP for short.

You will be fucking rocked.

Bonochick said:
If you guys wish to do a mix competition, that's fine. Go right ahead. But I think there should be more discussion actually related to the competition/music.

The funny thing is, there are no sound waves in space, so actual musical discussion would be a waste of time. :lol:

Space moon.
Moon in space.

I love you Space Moon. I love being on Space Moon.

I love saying Space Moon.

Space Moon.

I cannot wait to participate in future Space Moon competitions.

I enjoy this thread, it makes me laugh, it ought to be left alone.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Ok then... On Space Moon no one can hear you laugh?

On Space Moon, there is naught but laughter.

Unless there's a concert at Space Moon Rock the Fuck Out Stadium, then there's no laughing....just rocking.

i died

when i was reawakened

i was on space moon

the moon in space.

i second Pla and snowbunny's sentiments. There was plenty of discussion in the DI thread nonrelated to the playlists themselves, so what does it matter if we have that here? There hasn't been bickering in this thread for a long while. Space Moon, the moon in space, is all about including everybody in its love. As soon as the game actually starts, I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion in space on a moon about the music made for Space Moon, Moon of Space.

Everyone is getting along on the Space Moon, so please do not close this thread, because then there will be nothing to unite us.

No spoken words said:

On Space Moon, there is naught but laughter.

Unless there's a concert at Space Moon Rock the Fuck Out Stadium, then there's no laughing....just rocking.

I'm trying to come up with a catch phrase for the movie and you guys are really cramping my style...

How about "On Space Moon no one can hear you Space Moon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom