Space Moon Round 1. Part 3.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whose playlist do you like the most?

• LMP

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Lemon Melon

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Phillyfan

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Who win this mighty battle of the Three Musketeers? Lemon Melon, LMP, or Phillyfan? Just watch and see!

Phillyfan26:

Cover: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/...otherrandom.jpg

The Union Presents...
phillyfan26
Side A: Rockin’ Out in a Tin Can
1. Can’t Stop – Red Hot Chili Peppers – By The Way – 4:31
2. This Fire (Rich Costey Re-record) – Franz Ferdinand – Franz Ferdinand (Special Edition) – 3:52
3. When the Levee Breaks – Led Zeppelin – The Best of Led Zeppelin Vol. 1: The Early Days – 7:10
4. Even Flow – Pearl Jam – Ten – 4:53
5. Strutter – Kiss – Kiss (Remastered) – 3:12
6. Nothin’ But a Good Time – Poison – The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock – 3:43
7. Cold Hard Bitch – JET – Get Born – 4:03
8. Wake Up – Arcade Fire – Funeral – 5:35
Side B: Live from Space Moon Rock the Fuck Out Stadium
9. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out – Bruce Springsteen – Hammersmith Odeon, London ’75 (Live) – 3:50
10. Moonage Daydream – David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture Soundtrack – 6:25
11. Grey Street – Dave Matthews Band – The Central Park Concert – 4:58
12. Love is Blindness – U2 – Stay (Faraway, So Close!) – 5:58

Rocking the fuck out never hit a higher point than the 58 minute composition that is “The Union Presents...” Eight songs display rocking the fuck out in a studio, and four songs displaying rocking the fuck out on a live stage. Twelve songs, all that rock the fuck out. In summary, rock the fuck out by going to the only Moon in Space meant for rocking the fuck out: Space Moon, the Moon in Space.

58:10

LemonMelon:

1. Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
2. Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic
3. The Doors - Soul Kitchen
4. Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies
5. Kanye West - Touch The Sky
6. Beck - The New Pollution
7. The Streets - Blinded By The Lights
8. Blur - Girls & Boys
9. LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations
10. Prince - Kiss
11. The Go! Team - Ladyflash
12. The Four Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving
13. U2 - Do You Feel Loved?
14. Portishead - Sour Times

It should be right around 60 minutes, maybe a few seconds over.

LMP:

Cover: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/...acemoon2rn4.jpg

1. Flight of the Conchords - Bowie
2. The Unicorns - Tuff Ghost
3. Battles - Atlas
4. Curtis Mayfield - Now You’re Gone
5. Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
6. Gorillaz - Fire Coming Out of the Monkey’s Head (ft. Dennis Hopper)
7. Stan Bush - The Touch
8. Smash Mouth - Diggin’ Your Scene
9. LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
10. Beck - Cellphone’s Dead
11. Echo & the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
12. The Flaming Lips - Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
13. David Bowie - Starman

UP NEXT (The last part of round 1.): BEAV, NSFW, AND ATOMIC BONO!

Last edited:
wow...great stuff here. i went with El Mel. It's hard to top the four tops.

and now blur is stuck in my head until Dalton appears with another throwback.

CIB thanks again for doing this! Can you perhaps post their album covers again? t he links aren't working for me.

:drool: LMP's list was AWESOME.

Got to say I'm disappointed with Danimal's. Poison? Jet? You can't be serious. :tsk:

Best of luck to you both. :wave:

I went with Pfan - even though it started off rough, and then that KISS song make me slightly ill, it picked up real nice. And Poison? :hi5: I applaud that choice. You would have loved the late 80s, man.

LM was on a good path there, but it's like he took some of my favorite bands (Blur, Hendrix, Beastie Boys) and then chose my least favorite song by each. WTF, man? WTF? But all in all, I did like it. And opening with Parliament = Masterstroke. Good job.

LMP's was awesome too - adding Stan Bush? SWEET! With the exception of Smahmouth, I liked all of it.

Pfan's just spoke to me a little bit more. I guess he courted the elderly vote, and since NSW, mandy and myself all voted for him - and we were all born before 1975 - I guess he got it.

A Moon. In Space.

UberBeaver said:

LM was on a good path there, but it's like he took some of my favorite bands (Blur, Hendrix, Beastie Boys) and then chose my least favorite song by each. WTF, man? WTF? But all in all, I did like it. And opening with Parliament = Masterstroke. Good job.

:lol: Just sheer bad luck, I think. The flow was good, wanted something upbeat, and I figured everyone dug Crosstown Traffic and Hey Ladies. :reject:

I liked that you used The New Pollution, Sour Times and Kiss. Four Tops was inspired, too. You just lost me with the Beasties/Kanye/Hendrix choices. Still a good list, though.

Congrants, LEMONMELON!! :applaud: :applaud:

But there will be another tie-breaker between Phillyfan and LMP. And sorry, there will be no pictures right now because my Photobucket is acting funky. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom