South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Another week gone by with no bass practice and no work on my resumé. Or is it résumé? Either way.

This DI list is so going to be done at the last minute. *L*

Resumé. Or you could just call it a CV. :up:

And have a good night - though I'm sure you'll keep lingering. :wave:

Eh, I gave up on my DI list, because I realised you folks would be putting in a heap of effort, and I'd just be throwing a bunch of songs together. So I have up! :lol:

Mine's half effort and half thrown-together... so it loses on both counts. :lol: I've gone this far, might as well see what happens!

*gone*

Eh, I gave up on my DI list, because I realised you folks would be putting in a heap of effort, and I'd just be throwing a bunch of songs together. So I have up! :lol:

Heh, my DI list probably looks like I went to heaps of effort, but it all fell together very, very nicely over the course of a couple of days and I really didn't work on it as much as lists in the past. It's probably the list I'm happiest with too!

:nerd: I've had latin for 6 years..

:jealous:

I always wanted to do Latin at high school, but by the time I started, they'd long since stopped offering it since it's a "dead" language now and they didn't see the point. So I had the choice of German or Japanese and went with German.

we got german here too :shrug: me not likey!
and french, and english, and you could choose latin/greek/both or spanish..

Japanese seems like an interesting language :hmm:

we got german here too :shrug: me not likey!
and french, and english, and you could choose latin/greek/both or spanish..

Japanese seems like an interesting language :hmm:

French was the other language I really wanted to do. We had a qualified French teacher too, but he was only employed to teach maths, so no French. :(

God, I would've loved Latin or Greek. But really, at least getting a choice between German and Japanese was an improvement over a lot of other schools, which just offered one foreign language, usually Japanese. I did it for a year at primary school and didn't really enjoy it much.

Japanese is interesting, but it sounds so hard :crack: I'd rather have something easy as french or german!

I'll be back later, having tea with parents and sis!

Japanese is interesting, but it sounds so hard :crack: I'd rather have something easy as french or german!

I'll be back later, having tea with parents and sis!

Yeah, Japanese was certainly a challenge. I'm personally just more attracted to European and Middle Eastern languages, so picking German over Japanese wasn't hard.

See you later! Same to Daniel! :wave:

Serena, seems you've arrived just in time to save the thread from deadness! :wave:

Hey Axver! :wave:

I guess I need a Superhero costume with Postwhore written on it. :laugh:

How are you?

:lol:

I'm not bad. I feel a bit tired, but not at all ready to turn in for the night. Ears seem to have kept improving today too. How about you, are you in any better health?

:lol:

I'm not bad. I feel a bit tired, but not at all ready to turn in for the night. Ears seem to have kept improving today too. How about you, are you in any better health?
Glad to hear your ears are still on the improve. :up:
Does music still sound whack?

My head's still hurting, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. I've pretty well come to the conclusion that I've got a sinus infection. Fun. I keep taking things like tylenol to kill off the pain. It's like a constant migraine!

Glad to hear your ears are still on the improve. :up:
Does music still sound whack?

My head's still hurting, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. I've pretty well come to the conclusion that I've got a sinus infection. Fun. I keep taking things like tylenol to kill off the pain. It's like a constant migraine!

Music is sounding a bit better. Not entirely ideal by any means, but there has been some marked improvement this evening.

Ah, glad you're at least doing a bit better. Hope you've some good medication to get on top of it quickly. :up:

Music is sounding a bit better. Not entirely ideal by any means, but there has been some marked improvement this evening.

Ah, glad you're at least doing a bit better. Hope you've some good medication to get on top of it quickly. :up:
That's great! :up:
I'm sure you're very tired of being ill!

Yeah, a bit. The aching of the sinuses isn't as bad and I haven't taken anything yet - I don't seem to be in excruciating pain like I was yesterday morning. It had returned last night. Part of the reason I ducked out! The computer screen was hurting my eyes. I'm just taking it easy now and I seem to be a bit better than yesterday, so I am pretty optimistic about it.

That's great! :up:
I'm sure you're very tired of being ill!

Yeah, a bit. The aching of the sinuses isn't as bad and I haven't taken anything yet - I don't seem to be in excruciating pain like I was yesterday morning. It had returned last night. Part of the reason I ducked out! The computer screen was hurting my eyes. I'm just taking it easy now and I seem to be a bit better than yesterday, so I am pretty optimistic about it.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to cranking some music and getting out and about this week! As long as my hearing's back fully in time for the Opeth gig early next month, I'll be happy.

Eek, hope that passes quickly. :hug:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to cranking some music and getting out and about this week! As long as my hearing's back fully in time for the Opeth gig early next month, I'll be happy.

Eek, hope that passes quickly. :hug:
:rockon:
I couldn't live without music. I lost my iPod this morning and I freaked out. :lol: I just about tore apart my room looking for it, then I found it in my scrapbook! How weird. Haha.

I do too! Thanks! :hug:
It seems to have times where it is really bad and then it passes and I feel perfectly healthy. I think right now is one of those moments, but I've got sinus tablets and more things laying around to take for pain. I may alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen for maximum effect should the pain decide to make a come back. I've also noticed that being in a cooler environment helps. It's about sweltering outside right now and it's not even noon! I had planned to walk across the street to the carry out to pick up a Vitamin Water but the way it feels, I don't think my sinuses will agree! :yikes:

:rockon:
I couldn't live without music. I lost my iPod this morning and I freaked out. :lol: I just about tore apart my room looking for it, then I found it in my scrapbook! How weird. Haha.

I do too! Thanks! :hug:
It seems to have times where it is really bad and then it passes and I feel perfectly healthy. I think right now is one of those moments, but I've got sinus tablets and more things laying around to take for pain. I may alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen for maximum effect should the pain decide to make a come back. I've also noticed that being in a cooler environment helps. It's about sweltering outside right now and it's not even noon! I had planned to walk across the street to the carry out to pick up a Vitamin Water but the way it feels, I don't think my sinuses will agree! :yikes:

I normally listen to music pretty much from the moment I wake to the moment I go to sleep. A sure sign I'm sick is that I avoid music, and often turn on the television instead - see my Olympics addiction! When I'm sick, I don't find the TV a distraction but a welcome background noise. However, this evening, it started to prove distracting. When I'm well, the television irritates me and I find it very difficult to focus on the computer while paying any attention to what's on TV. So I resorted back to music. Felt good!

Oh joy. Queensland was always hell for heat. Forget talking about "it's not even noon"; "it's not even 8am" is closer to the truth! It'd be stinking hot through to about 1am, cool gradually to a low around 5-6am (which is when I'd wake), then I'd enjoy the coolness until about 7:30, by which point it would start heating up and get humid again, and by 9-10am, all is lost. Fuck, I hated Queensland.

I normally listen to music pretty much from the moment I wake to the moment I go to sleep. A sure sign I'm sick is that I avoid music, and often turn on the television instead - see my Olympics addiction! When I'm sick, I don't find the TV a distraction but a welcome background noise. However, this evening, it started to prove distracting. When I'm well, the television irritates me and I find it very difficult to focus on the computer while paying any attention to what's on TV. So I resorted back to music. Felt good!

Oh joy. Queensland was always hell for heat. Forget talking about "it's not even noon"; "it's not even 8am" is closer to the truth! It'd be stinking hot through to about 1am, cool gradually to a low around 5-6am (which is when I'd wake), then I'd enjoy the coolness until about 7:30, by which point it would start heating up and get humid again, and by 9-10am, all is lost. Fuck, I hated Queensland.
Haha, I am the same way. I even listen to it when I am sick unless I'm just not able to. I wasn't able to for much of the day yesterday because it was not helping the headache any. TV distracts me way too much when I am at the computer and unless there's something on that I actually want to watch, it's always off!

Eek. That sounds like a humidity hell. It reminds me of just how bad it can get where I live. Back in 2006, we had nights where it remained hot even until morning. Cool weather? What the fuck is cool weather? Of course here, we do know what that's like because it does eventually taper off and naturally, we have some nasty winters. I'd prefer to just be someplace where it's not too damn cold in the winter and not so miserable for 99% of the summer either. High standards. :lol:

Haha, I am the same way. I even listen to it when I am sick unless I'm just not able to. I wasn't able to for much of the day yesterday because it was not helping the headache any. TV distracts me way too much when I am at the computer and unless there's something on that I actually want to watch, it's always off!

Eek. That sounds like a humidity hell. It reminds me of just how bad it can get where I live. Back in 2006, we had nights where it remained hot even until morning. Cool weather? What the fuck is cool weather? Of course here, we do know what that's like because it does eventually taper off and naturally, we have some nasty winters. I'd prefer to just be someplace where it's not too damn cold in the winter and not so miserable for 99% of the summer either. High standards. :lol:

Yeah, obviously with the ear infection music was a lost cause, and before that with the flu, I just didn't find playing music as satisfying as usual. The TV suited me better. I felt very encouraged by my urge to play music tonight! :lol:

Queensland definitely can do the stiflingly hot nights. Actually, Victoria can too, but it's not so bad down here as it's just a dry heat. Last summer, we'd get up to 41C one day, fail to drop below 30C overnight, quickly get back up to 40C the next day ... then the day after would be a pleasant 22C! There's a reason Crowded House wrote a song called Four Seasons In One Day about this place ...

Yeah, obviously with the ear infection music was a lost cause, and before that with the flu, I just didn't find playing music as satisfying as usual. The TV suited me better. I felt very encouraged by my urge to play music tonight! :lol:

Queensland definitely can do the stiflingly hot nights. Actually, Victoria can too, but it's not so bad down here as it's just a dry heat. Last summer, we'd get up to 41C one day, fail to drop below 30C overnight, quickly get back up to 40C the next day ... then the day after would be a pleasant 22C! There's a reason Crowded House wrote a song called Four Seasons In One Day about this place ...
Yeah, with an ear infection it's a tad different! At least you're getting better though.

We don't get the joys of dry heat too awful lot! Then again, we do live below The Great Lakes! Occasionally, the humidity isn't so bad, but a lot of the time, those with allergy problems fight to breathe!
That kinda thing sometimes happens here, depends really. And we have times where it's all sweltering for one week, then the next, it's like it's only early May! A week and a half ago, we were experiencing mid-spring like weather but as yesterday and today have proven, that was not meant to last as yesterday was the hottest day of the year here and it doesn't feel like it's gonna be a lot better today.

God, I've gotta get out of bed and get moving. I've still got at least 10 hours til I get to Texas :sad:

But first I must take pictures of this hotel room!

God, I've gotta get out of bed and get moving. I've still got at least 10 hours til I get to Texas :sad:

But first I must take pictures of this hotel room!

Hey Ashley! Good luck with that trip. :yikes:

I'm pissed that the photos I took of my hotel room in Sydney when I saw PT didn't turn out! It was a farcical place to stay. But it was within walking distance of the concert and gave me somewhere safe and warm to sleep, so that's all that mattered in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom