South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: exactly!

I mean, I CAN be very very immature, and I'm not about to hide that... I CAN be mature aswell, but not all the time... :shrug: i'm not about to hide that I play pokemon every day and love it, someone else I know isn't going to the event next sunday because he's afraid there'll be tv and he might be recognized by someone... :rolleyes: if people can't accept that, fuck them!

:drool: dessert wines it is then! :hmm: you don't happen to love chocolate aswell eh?

OH NOEZ. Some people think I'm weird for being a railfan, but what the fuck do I care? That's their problem. They probably have some interests that I think are a bit unusual too. Who cares? As long as the person actually doing it is enjoying it and bothering nobody, go nuts!

CHOCOLATE! :drool:

I wish I had some choccies here ... :sad:

Yeah, the crappy taste buds that think off grape juice is actually palatable... :wink:

I admit, the only wine that hasn't made me make the yuck face :)yuck: ) was a dessert wine.

"OMG, that tuxedo totally fooled me! Not fair!!"

:tsk: nothing wrong with my tastebuds! I'm just used to eating a great variety of foods, and drinking a great variety of drinks.

:lmao: Ax in a tux, I'd love to see that some day!

Single Life is still full of win. If "coupled" life isn't for you than fine. I always hated it when people tried to find me a girlfriend or say "you should get a girlfriend", I mean until about a year ago, it just was not me.

And When I was ready, I went online :wink:

Haha, I think my friends have largely decided I'm far too nerdy to set up with anybody, so I escaped unscathed from the "good intentions" of others.

I figure if somebody ends up in my life one of these days because they're insane enough to think a Kiwi historian/railfan/music nerd is attractive, then rock on, but I can't be arsed making it happen.

OH NOEZ. Some people think I'm weird for being a railfan, but what the fuck do I care? That's their problem. They probably have some interests that I think are a bit unusual too. Who cares? As long as the person actually doing it is enjoying it and bothering nobody, go nuts!

CHOCOLATE! :drool:

I wish I had some choccies here ... :sad:

:love: I think I'm in love!

:drool: I can make a fine choccy mousse! I bet you'd love that! :yes: tastes great with dessert wines too! some fresh fruits added, ta dah!

:tsk: nothing wrong with my tastebuds! I'm just used to eating a great variety of foods, and drinking a great variety of drinks.

Clearly Ali just wasn't raised on a satisfactory variety of high quality foods and drinks. :tsk:

:love: I think I'm in love!

:drool: I can make a fine choccy mousse! I bet you'd love that! :yes: tastes great with dessert wines too! some fresh fruits added, ta dah!

You may have to fight off Serena and Chass there. :wink:

Oooh, I love chocolate mousse! I'm unfortunately often allergic to it, but when it's made in a way I can eat ... oh god, it's delicious! :drool:

I've put a DVD on, I've had enough. But then again I'd had enough two weeks ago :wink:

I'm honestly thinking of putting on some music. This is disappointing. I've watched the Games pretty much non-stop, so I was hoping to see it out on a good note, but this is just bad.

Haha, I think my friends have largely decided I'm far too nerdy to set up with anybody, so I escaped unscathed from the "good intentions" of others.

I figure if somebody ends up in my life one of these days because they're insane enough to think a Kiwi historian/railfan/music nerd is attractive, then rock on, but I can't be arsed making it happen.

Well basically, I knew I wasn't going to meet anyone decent out on the town (not that I was ever really into clubbing or anything) but I just knew, I'm not really going to get to know this person properly from one night out, some people do I guess, but it wasn't me.

I'm not sure why I decided to try online. I think to my friends it came across the being a bit desperate, but I didn't feel that way. Plus I think I've dropped most of my U2 nerdyness, but I still cope some rolled eyes when I mention this place :wink:

Well basically, I knew I wasn't going to meet anyone decent out on the town (not that I was ever really into clubbing or anything) but I just knew, I'm not really going to get to know this person properly from one night out, some people do I guess, but it wasn't me.

I'm not sure why I decided to try online. I think to my friends it came across the being a bit desperate, but I didn't feel that way. Plus I think I've dropped most of my U2 nerdyness, but I still cope some rolled eyes when I mention this place :wink:

Exactly! From one night out, I wouldn't even consider somebody a friend! Trying to start some sort of a relationship from that basis seems farcical.

:lol: I've dropped the U2-specific nerdiness for the most part, but I think with every passing year, I just get more nerdy in various ways anyway ...

Whole Lotta Crap, was the final straw for me.

I occasionally turn it off mute to see what's happening. Some ear-piercing rubbish right now. The acoustics and sound production seem terrible.

:wink: screw that, I found my match!

:hmm: lactose intolerant Ax?? I guess I could make it with soy milk then...

:sexywink:

No, some mousses are made with egg, which I'm rather allergic to. But my mother makes a great egg-less mousse. :drool:

Exactly! From one night out, I wouldn't even consider somebody a friend! Trying to start some sort of a relationship from that basis seems farcical.

:lol: I've dropped the U2-specific nerdiness for the most part, but I think with every passing year, I just get more nerdy in various ways anyway ...

I occasionally turn it off mute to see what's happening. Some ear-piercing rubbish right now. The acoustics and sound production seem terrible.

Part of me thinks online is an even better way to meet somebody.

My Girlfriend and I were talking for a whole month before we even met face to face.

We got to know a lot, without getting too personal, about each other over a whole month. Then we met, and the rest is history.

Yes, I'd much rather be watching the grass grow than this closing ceremony.

Hah, I take it Wisconsin isn't the most riveting place to live then? I didn't get near that part of the States when I visited. Just Boston and Tennessee, really, with brief forays to nearby places.

WTF. Behaviour like that is baffling. Honestly, for all my pro-being single talk, I'd probably be happier in a relationship, but it's not some over-riding priority, and at the moment, I simply can't be bothered with all the bloody hassle! It's not as if I'm miserable or discontent with how things are anyway. My last relationship's left enough of a sour taste in my mouth that I'll enjoy being single for the present.

Sorry for the late reply!

The city areas are alright, like Madison or Milwaukee. I dunno though, I moved to Minneapolis for school and haven't looked back since, I don't think I could go back to a smaller town.

As for my neighbor, who knows. I tried to tell her many times (nicely) that her boyfriend was an ass who didn't know how to be in a relationship, but she never listened. They finally did break it off for the summer, but since they're living in the same dorm again this year, I'm betting they'll get back together.

I'm the same way though, a relationship would be nice, but I'm not always seeking one out. It's not a top priority for me at the moment.

Most people I know IRL have no idea of the depths of my U2 fannishness. :reject:

Well, I hope they don't!

Heh, most people know all about mine. But then I've always had a small circle of friends. My weird interests have never been much of a secret. And it doesn't help how many people I know in Melbourne are thanks to Interference. :lol:

Sorry for the late reply!

The city areas are alright, like Madison or Milwaukee. I dunno though, I moved to Minneapolis for school and haven't looked back since, I don't think I could go back to a smaller town.

As for my neighbor, who knows. I tried to tell her many times (nicely) that her boyfriend was an ass who didn't know how to be in a relationship, but she never listened. They finally did break it off for the summer, but since they're living in the same dorm again this year, I'm betting they'll get back together.

I'm the same way though, a relationship would be nice, but I'm not always seeking one out. It's not a top priority for me at the moment.

Hope the Superthread's pace hasn't left you behind! :laugh:

Ah, right. I often wish I could live in a smaller town as I'd prefer the smaller, quieter lifestyle, but at the moment, the inner city suits me much better in terms of actually getting on with life.

Oh, it's frustrating when people just won't listen unless you're telling them what they want to hear. I've had a couple of friends who entered into dumb relationships and would try to rationalise ignoring any advice they didn't like. Came back to bite them in the end, and I can only hope they learn some valuable lessons from it.

Sigh. Another week gone by with no bass practice and no work on my resumé. Or is it résumé? Either way.

This DI list is so going to be done at the last minute. *L*

Sigh. Another week gone by with no bass practice and no work on my resumé. Or is it résumé? Either way.

This DI list is so going to be done at the last minute. *L*

Eh, I gave up on my DI list, because I realised you folks would be putting in a heap of effort, and I'd just be throwing a bunch of songs together. So I have up! :lol:

Part of me thinks online is an even better way to meet somebody.

My Girlfriend and I were talking for a whole month before we even met face to face.

We got to know a lot, without getting too personal, about each other over a whole month. Then we met, and the rest is history.

Yes, I'd much rather be watching the grass grow than this closing ceremony.

Yeah, I mean, it does have its perks. Hell, even just in terms of expanding your circle of friends, the Internet's a great way to find other people nearby who have similar interests and with whom you can strike up a good friendship. As I'm sure the Superthread's Aussie Posse proves! I wasn't exactly making friends in a hurry by spending my spare time in the uni library in Queensland, that was for sure ...

:hmm: ah! Mine is made only with milk :yes:

Oooh, fantastic. Now I'm feeling hungry. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom