South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hi5: another thing we have in common Ax! We should go play tabletennis, then have a fancy dinner and afterwards some cheese and fine wine!

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,005

Glad somebody remembered to post that!

275 Ax? Geez. What's your record?

:lol: I'm one of four members of the 300 Posts Club, with Vazza, Kim, and Andrew. I believe Andrew holds the record for most posts in one thread, 340 or something.

I feel my post count in threads lately has been far too high. But I guess that's what comes with being sick and home all the time ... :slant:

:hi5: another thing we have in common Ax! We should go play tabletennis, then have a fancy dinner and afterwards some cheese and fine wine!

Sounds fun. :drool:

And we can look down our noses at the uncultured people on this thread who don't appreciate fine wine. :yes:

:lol: I'm one of four members of the 300 Posts Club, with Vazza, Kim, and Andrew. I believe Andrew holds the record for most posts in one thread, 340 or something.

I feel my post count in threads lately has been far too high. But I guess that's what comes with being sick and home all the time ... :slant:

Blimey.

Yeah, that'll do it!

Engineers are people who work on steam engines, right? Sounds like Ax would fit in :wink:

"Engineer" is a nasty Americanism. :tsk:

They're just drivers here. Engineer was a specific title for an official in the locomotive department in charge of locomotive design, maintenance, and upgrades.

:hi5: Can't we start a club on that?

:wink: and yea, I doubt I'll find a guy soon as I still got that little problem of mine...

Usually when people join a singles club, it's cos they want to stop being single... :lol:

Yeah... I just think I'm too lazy and selfish and don't see why I need to dress in uncomfortable clothes and put gunk on my face to impress someone. And I can't stand most of the places people go to "meet people". And I don't get drunk.

"Engineer" is a nasty Americanism. :tsk:

They're just drivers here. Engineer was a specific title for an official in the locomotive department in charge of locomotive design, maintenance, and upgrades.

I'm sure you wouldn't turn your nose up at driving one :wink:

I have the EPL running in the background, Was Jimmys Guitar even plugged in?

Is this In The Flesh? playing in the background now?

I have no idea, I stopped paying attention! I couldn't detect any guitar, though. WTF was up with that.

Sounds fun. :drool:

And we can look down our noses at the uncultured people on this thread who don't appreciate fine wine. :yes:
:yes: deal!
tho I don't like red wine too much, I prefer a fine rosé :drool: or a sweet dessert wine like Moscatel or Muskat!

Usually when people join a singles club, it's cos they want to stop being single... :lol:

Yeah... I just think I'm too lazy and selfish and don't see why I need to dress in uncomfortable clothes and put gunk on my face to impress someone. And I can't stand most of the places people go to "meet people". And I don't get drunk.

exactly! we need a club for people who like to be single!

:shrug: exactly, why pretend to be someone you're not... I mean, it might attract someone, but when they find out who you really are, won't they run away again? I'd rahter find someone who likes me for who I am.

:laugh: I don't get it either. How the hell is anyone supposed to "meet people" in such an environment anyway? OONTS OONTS "HI!" OONTS OONTS "HEY!" OONTS OONTS "BAD PICK-UP LINE!" Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather actually know somebody and know that I can put up with them first. Kate was one of my best friends before anything happened between us. And now that I look back on it, I still don't think I knew her well enough. Which is probably an attitude that'll condemn me to a life of singledom, but fuck it, as long as I've got my friends and my books and my music, I'm not going to complain much.

I'm sure you wouldn't turn your nose up at driving one :wink:

Touche.

You mean "people who still have functioning taste buds".... :tongue:

No, that'd be GG2 and I. You sure you weren't born without some tastebuds? :wink:

:yes: deal!
tho I don't like red wine too much, I prefer a fine rosé :drool: or a sweet dessert wine like Moscatel or Muskat!

Ooh, I like sweet and dessert wines! Late harvest chardonnay is a personal favourite. And, of course, the tawny port.

I mean, it might attract someone, but when they find out who you really are, won't they run away again? I'd rahter find someone who likes me for who I am.

I can just see it happening to me now. "Oh fuck! I didn't realise you're some crazy historian guy who's into trains and obscure music and snobby literature! Get the fuck away from me, you nerd!" :lol:

I know! Then David Beckham appears for two seconds, kicks a football into the crowd and pisses off. Only cause he's popular over there.

That was just ridiculous. :|

I've honestly been baffled by the praise of these Games. Sure, a lot of the athletes did quite incredible things, but the ceremonies and the organisation has often been farcical ...

:lmao: exactly!

I mean, I CAN be very very immature, and I'm not about to hide that... I CAN be mature aswell, but not all the time... :shrug: i'm not about to hide that I play pokemon every day and love it, someone else I know isn't going to the event next sunday because he's afraid there'll be tv and he might be recognized by someone... :rolleyes: if people can't accept that, fuck them!

:drool: dessert wines it is then! :hmm: you don't happen to love chocolate aswell eh?

Which is probably an attitude that'll condemn me to a life of singledom, but fuck it, as long as I've got my friends and my books and my music, I'm not going to complain much.

Single Life is still full of win. If "coupled" life isn't for you than fine. I always hated it when people tried to find me a girlfriend or say "you should get a girlfriend", I mean until about a year ago, it just was not me.

And When I was ready, I went online :wink:

That was just ridiculous. :|

I've honestly been baffled by the praise of these Games. Sure, a lot of the athletes did quite incredible things, but the ceremonies and the organisation has often been farcical ...

I think the Channel 7 commentators get paid extra money if they throw in "Amazing" 2000 times in one broadcast.

No, that'd be GG2 and I. You sure you weren't born without some tastebuds? :wink:
Yeah, the crappy taste buds that think off grape juice is actually palatable... :wink:

Ooh, I like sweet and dessert wines! Late harvest chardonnay is a personal favourite. And, of course, the tawny port.
I admit, the only wine that hasn't made me make the yuck face :)yuck: ) was a dessert wine.

I can just see it happening to me now. "Oh fuck! I didn't realise you're some crazy historian guy who's into trains and obscure music and snobby literature! Get the fuck away from me, you nerd!" :lol:
"OMG, that tuxedo totally fooled me! Not fair!!"

I think the Channel 7 commentators get paid extra money if they throw in "Amazing" 2000 times in one broadcast.

:lmao:

Oh great, fireworks! Wonder how much of that was faked for TV!

And now some terrible song with woeful acoustics ... I'm about to turn this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom