South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back. :wave:

And no, the Superthreads wouldn't die. Right now, we're suffering from a severe Vazza absence.

Belated greetings to Kim and cin! :wave:

I want to learn how to make proper Mexican food. My boyfriend (who is Mexican) takes me to this tiny little Mexican restaurant/store that I previously had no idea existed. I get a little sheltered white-girl culture shock in there, because nothing's in English, but the food is soooo good. And they play Mexican soap operas on the TV, which is a huge bonus :lol:

I wish I'd been able to try some authentic Mexican when I was in the US. All I got was the mass-produced crap that's barely any more authentic than the bastardisations I make.

i have good news for you, though: you're probably less picky than a friend of mine. all he'll eat is chicken. and not even like sweet and sour chicken...chicken tenders or plain grilled chicken.

... what the hell? I mean, seriously, what the hell.

I miss eating chicken, though. It's so expensive now that I just don't buy it. :(

Food seems to really have been the topic of the evening :)

That's because food is made of SuperWin. I can't wait to make my not-quite-Mexican enchiladas later.

... what the hell? I mean, seriously, what the hell.

I miss eating chicken, though. It's so expensive now that I just don't buy it. :(
i thought the same thing when we hung out. he made new orleans a whole lot less enjoyable for me because i wanted to have authentic cajun and creole food, but none of those places served the kind of food a six year old would like.

i wanted an alligator poboy :(

and really? that's lame. i haven't paid attention to the price :depressed:

Welcome back, André. We got through 11 pages without you, but we had Khan seperate them and move them to another forum so you wouldn't have to catch up on 330 posts.

Come visit me, Ax. I'll get you some decent food :)

Just got to find my Concorde!

i thought the same thing when we hung out. he made new orleans a whole lot less enjoyable for me because i wanted to have authentic cajun and creole food, but none of those places served the kind of food a six year old would like.

i wanted an alligator poboy :(

and really? that's lame. i haven't paid attention to the price :depressed:

I'd seriously probably get mad if somebody were that difficult. It's one thing to be picky. I can be pretty picky at times. It's quite another to have never progressed beyond the age of six and to have absolutely no curiosity to try new things. I had a friend in high school who wouldn't even try tomato sauce or barbecue sauce. That was all kinds of WTF.

Chicken's quite easily the most expensive meat here, so I pass on it nowadays and stick with meats that don't cost so bloody much. It's such a pain. I love chicken.

Welcome back, André. We got through 11 pages without you, but we had Khan seperate them and move them to another forum so you wouldn't have to catch up on 330 posts.

:lol: I miss the days when I'd have 330 posts to catch up on.

I spend even more on chicken, because I always buy boneless/skinless. For fried chicken, I do prefer thighs over breasts though.

When I bought chicken, I'd just buy chicken breasts. Skin's fine, but I don't like meat on the bone. Yes, partly squeamishness, but mostly because I just find bones to be bloody irritating and I hate having to eat around them.

I did notice a couple of weeks ago that the local deli may have cheap chicken breasts. Would've investigated today but I was on a tight budget.

Hmmm. Maybe I could make that happen for you tomorrow. :hmm:

:hyper: Might not be too hard as I'll be out a lot tomorrow! I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, then I think I can hear well enough to go into university afterwards. Had no problems hearing people while I was out shopping today, and music is now sounding pretty close to normal.

I'd seriously probably get mad if somebody were that difficult. It's one thing to be picky. I can be pretty picky at times. It's quite another to have never progressed beyond the age of six and to have absolutely no curiosity to try new things. I had a friend in high school who wouldn't even try tomato sauce or barbecue sauce. That was all kinds of WTF.

Chicken's quite easily the most expensive meat here, so I pass on it nowadays and stick with meats that don't cost so bloody much. It's such a pain. I love chicken.

:lol: I miss the days when I'd have 330 posts to catch up on.
yeah, i was pretty pissed. i try to eat local cuisine whenever i can, and since memphis has got some new orleans restaurants, i've already had its awesomeness. :drool: and yeah, i'm picky as well, but i always try to at least try a food before i say i hate it.

wow, that's a bummer. i love chicken too, i couldn't imagine not having it.

i know what you mean. i was asleep for over 12 hours and had just six pages to catch up on!

yeah, i was pretty pissed. i try to eat local cuisine whenever i can, and since memphis has got some new orleans restaurants, i've already had its awesomeness. :drool: and yeah, i'm picky as well, but i always try to at least try a food before i say i hate it.

wow, that's a bummer. i love chicken too, i couldn't imagine not having it.

i know what you mean. i was asleep for over 12 hours and had just six pages to catch up on!

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to write off something without even bothering to try it. How can you possibly make a judgement call? I'm reluctant to even call that having the appetite of a six year old, since I know I didn't behave like that when I was six! I've always enjoyed trying new foods. Sure, half the time it may not work out, but other stuff I've discovered has been absolutely fantastic.

I don't think I've cooked chicken since mid-2006. Fucking lame. Though I never really liked preparing it.

When I wake up, I'm lucky if I have two pages to catch up on, and I view only 10 posts per page! I couldn't believe it when I woke up yesterday and there were NO posts to catch up on. Though the thread then moved along fairly speedily. Today's been pretty slow ...

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to write off something without even bothering to try it. How can you possibly make a judgement call? I'm reluctant to even call that having the appetite of a six year old, since I know I didn't behave like that when I was six! I've always enjoyed trying new foods. Sure, half the time it may not work out, but other stuff I've discovered has been absolutely fantastic.

I don't think I've cooked chicken since mid-2006. Fucking lame. Though I never really liked preparing it.

When I wake up, I'm lucky if I have two pages to catch up on, and I view only 10 posts per page! I couldn't believe it when I woke up yesterday and there were NO posts to catch up on. Though the thread then moved along fairly speedily. Today's been pretty slow ...
agreed. i've been the same, i kind of got in a rut towards the end of high school, but i got myself out of it.

wow, really? i'm making chicken one night this week, actually! why didn't you like preparing it, though? did you buy skin-on and remove the skin?

yeah, i saw that one! eight hours to the minute.

The whole site has been slow lately.

Yeah, this is fairly true. Though I'd say today on the Superthread has been abnormally slow. We haven't even got halfway through the thread yet. Makes you miss the days of 500 posts per thread! We'd have been to stacks of crazy locations by now. Speaking of which, I've just found a French overseas territory on Wikipedia called Scattered Islands In The Indian Ocean! :lol:

agreed. i've been the same, i kind of got in a rut towards the end of high school, but i got myself out of it.

wow, really? i'm making chicken one night this week, actually! why didn't you like preparing it, though? did you buy skin-on and remove the skin?

yeah, i saw that one! eight hours to the minute.

I will pass on some dishes that are primarily made of foods I don't like, but I think that's something different entirely. I mean, I know in advance the ingredients don't appeal to me. But hell, if somebody who knows my tastes recommends it anyway, I'll give it a whirl and see if the ingredients come together in a satisfying manner.

No, my main problem with chicken is fat. I cannot stand fat. So I'd spend ages hunting down every last little bit and chop it off. For somebody with shit vision, I'd pick up the tiniest bits of fat!

That was really bizarre. I didn't expect many posts, but none?!

At least when Screwtape was around there was controversy and therefore there were postings.

And U2's new album isn't around yet for everyone to praise for 6 months and then shit on for ten years, and then appreciate.

I will pass on some dishes that are primarily made of foods I don't like, but I think that's something different entirely. I mean, I know in advance the ingredients don't appeal to me. But hell, if somebody who knows my tastes recommends it anyway, I'll give it a whirl and see if the ingredients come together in a satisfying manner.

No, my main problem with chicken is fat. I cannot stand fat. So I'd spend ages hunting down every last little bit and chop it off. For somebody with shit vision, I'd pick up the tiniest bits of fat!

That was really bizarre. I didn't expect many posts, but none?!
yeah, exactly. like if i see a bean burrito on the menu, i already know i won't like it because i don't like refried beans.

ooh, i know what you mean. when i worked at a fast food place and all they served was chicken, sometimes i'd work in the kitchen. in four years i did pretty much everything there. but anyway, sometimes i'd do prep work, which partially involved trimming the fat off chicken breasts. i'm sure i spent so much more time working on it than others did. i'd stand there and slice off every tiny sliver of fat.

yeah, that was odd. though it's not my fault as i was asleep! i've started getting on a sleep schedule better fit for australians!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom