South new album "You Are Here" in April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
I really liked the last album by these guys, "Adventures In The Underground Journey To The Stars". Good, solid songs throughout, from start to finish. Some kind of had a New Order-ish sheen, but for the most part they retain their own sound.

The new album comes out in April. You can listen to 2 of the new tracks here http://www.bluhammock.com/pages/homeFrame.asp (you just have to search under Artists and click on "South")

Compared to the last album, these 2 songs sound a bit more minimalistic, more stripped down and "folksy"? than the last album. Maybe my impression will change once I hear the whole album.

Good news though. These guys are solid. Not turning the music world on its ear, but they make good, melodic tunes.

:)

Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised there will be another one already. I'll definitely listen to these tracks, thanks for the link.

thanks for that heads up.
i always seem to forget about these guys
and they always seem to write tunes that get lots of plays at my house.
i just picked up "Adventures..." and am listening to it now - it's WOW good.
their songs are always meticulously constructed - lots of little bits contributing to the bigger whole. and the singing is so effortless. really good stuff.
thanks again

dudeman said:
thanks for that heads up.
i always seem to forget about these guys
and they always seem to write tunes that get lots of plays at my house.
i just picked up "Adventures..." and am listening to it now - it's WOW good.
their songs are always meticulously constructed - lots of little bits contributing to the bigger whole. and the singing is so effortless. really good stuff.
thanks again

You're welcome. (But it's not like I really did anything. I didn't make the new album or anything. :lol: )

Yeah, "Adventures . . . " is aweseome from start to finish. It's just one, great catchy song after another.

I saw them at a tiny club in L.A., but it was the penultimate date of their tour and they looked pretty beat. The best was when they did a song, "Flesh and Bone" I think, acoustic. That was just amazing. They were good live, but with a little bit more energy I think they would've been great.

Yay for new South! :D

Back
Top Bottom