South Beach? Nah... Atkins? Screw that. Try the Jason Giambi Diet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Allegedly involved with an indicted dealer of performance-enhancing steroids? Well have I got the plan for you... come into spring training looking a good 20 pounds lighter, especially in the face, and claim that you simply stopped eating fast food and only lost 4 pounds! Everyone will believe you!

I saw his picture in the paper...he may have lost 4 pounds off of his head, maybe thats what he meant.
Boy wouldn't it be funny to see Steinbrenner's reaction to Giambi becoming a .238 singles hitter after getting off the juice. They don't make a calzone that could be that level of comfort food.

i hope he hits 40 dingers this year just to shut some people up about the whole steroid thing...

do i believe giambi was on the juice? yes... do i have any scientific proof to back that up? no. now i only took one journalism course while in college... but i do recall the prof saying that the most important part of journalistic integrity is to not report things as facts if all you have is rumor and speculation. some of these sports "journalists" out there seem to have forgotten those facts.

and one other thing... giambi looks like he's dropped 25-30 pounds, despite his claim of "4." so ya wanna think he got off the juice and that's why? fine...

barry bonds on the other hand looks exactly the same... so let's settle it for once and all. have him pee in the cup, and if he's negative, let's clear bonds' name for good.

These guy will NEVER pee in a cup. They'll always deny the steroid use, and I'll discount anything they do on the field as false. Bonds in particular.

These guys will asked to be tested now. That's why Bonds said test me everyday. If anyone is that dumb to play this year while on the juice, they should be caught. But what about years in the past? Can't test those times.

i just hope for them to release the names of the people the balco guy gave steroids to

just so we can find out who's lying and not

Even if the Balco guy release names, the "athletes" will deny it until the end of time. There is no way to prove any of them did it, unless he videotaped them.

if jason giambi goes out and smacks 40 dingers this year, everyone should all just shut up about him with steroids...

if they test bonds, who looks just as big right now as he did last year, for the juice and he comes up negative... everyone should all just shut up about him with steroids...

are there people in baseball using steroids? yes... do we know names? no. dusty baker was absolutely right when he said that this steroid deal is almost like mcarthyism... legitamit sports journalists making accusations with no scientific proof to back up those accusations.

we know 5 to 10% of players tested last year tested positive for some sort of performance enhancing drug... but really the only professional baseball players we know 100% for sure that have used steroids are ken cammineti and jose canseco. until someone else comes out and admits it, or until there is some scientific proof of who exactly is doing it, it's all mere speculation.

please, if someone like bonds takes a steroid test right now and it comes up negative that doesnt mean jack shit. the 5-10% of people who tested positive doesnt mean that there were 5-10% who did steroids, but that there werer 5-10% who were stupid enough to get caught. the players were informed well ahead of time when they would be given a steroid test, plenty of time to have taken masking agents or done whatever possible to get it out of their system, yet still 5-10% were still stupid enough to get caught. i imagine the steroid use was much more than the 5-10% that was reported.

and of course players will say test me now because 1) they know reporters wont pull out a cup and say ok here pee for me, and 2) they have already done everythig they can to make sure a test would come out clean.

Bonds is tainted. I think he juiced, and his records mean ALOT less to me now. Oh, wait, it's the "softer ball", nice job cheater.

give me scientific proof that he cheated... that's all i ask. It's quite possiable that he did. It's quite possiable that Sosa, Giambi, Gagne, Pujols, and all the rest of 'em did too. But without scientific proof ot that fact, it's also possiable that they're all clean. Speculate all you want. I just find it very dangerous for the media to throw around names like they already know who is doing what... 9 out of 10 of the guys they name could very well be on the juice. But it's not fair to that 1 guy who is clean but gets thrown into the mix with the rest just because he's a strong guy with big power numbers. But I guess the theory of innocent until PROVEN guilty doesn't apply to sports... where ever fan, writer and talk show host is not only a genius, but also a doctor and sports nutritionalist.

Last edited:
yes its possible they are all clean, we are just speculating, like you said we could do all we want.

ps - pujols is clean :wink:

Major League baseball needs to step in and regulate this and not let the press become judge and jury. This will diminish lots of accomplishments in the last 10 or 20 years if as a large amount of top players are found to be gulity of steroid use. It will be a sad day in this country if that happens.

I say we exhume Babe Ruth and see what toxins were in his system. That man was ripped...shaped like the perfect man...Homer Simpson.

well finally a bit of proof comes out... still just hearsey, but a little more damaging herasey then what's been out already...

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds received steroids and human growth hormone from a nutritional supplements lab implicated in a steroid-distribution ring, according to information given to federal investigators, the San Francisco Chronicle reported late Monday on its Web site.

Investigators also were told that New York Yankees stars Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield, as well as three other major leaguers and one NFL player, were given steroids, the newspaper reported.

Bonds' personal trainer, Greg Anderson, gave the players the drugs from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, according to information given to the government and shared with the newspaper.

The newspaper stated that its information did not "explicitly state" that the athletes used the steroids after obtaining them.

Bonds, Giambi and Sheffield, all of whom testified last fall before the grand jury that indicted four men in the alleged steroid-distribution ring, have denied steroid use. The three men declined comment Monday when contacted by the newspaper.

"We continue to adamantly deny that Barry was provided, furnished or supplied any of those substances at any time by Greg Anderson," Bonds' attorney Michael Rains told the newspaper.

Sheffield's attorney, Paula Canny, told the paper: "Gary Sheffield has never knowingly ingested a steroid ... and Gary Sheffield has never knowingly applied an anabolic steroid cream to his body."

Prosecutors released documents last month saying Anderson told federal agents he gave steroids to several professional baseball players. None of those players was identified in those documents.

Anderson's attorney, Tony Serra, said last Friday that Bonds "never took anything illegal" and that the slugger was offered -- but rejected -- a substance at the heart of the government's case against the four indicted men.

That substance, according to government documents, was the recently unmasked steroid THG.

Anderson has been charged with participating in a steroid-distribution ring that provided performance-enhancing drugs to professional athletes. Also charged have been BALCO founder Victor Conte and the lab's vice president, James Valente, as well as track coach Remi Korchemny.

All four have pleaded not guilty and are free on bond.

The Chronicle reported that two of Bonds' former teammates -- Marvin Benard of the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City catcher Benito Santiago -- and former Oakland infielder Randy Velarde also received performance-enhancing drugs, as did Oakland Raiders linebacker Bill Romanowski.

An anonymous source told the Chronicle that Anderson provided Bonds with steroids and human growth hormone as far back as 2001, when the slugger hit 73 homers to break the single-season record. Bonds has 658 career homers -- 97 shy of Hank Aaron's career mark.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

headache...

Chicago tribune had an interesting article about how MLB is cutting off access to locker rooms now, and the waiting game the Cubs are playing, waiting to see if Sammy Sosa's "personal assisitant" will have the same access he has been granted all these years.

people cheated in babe ruth's day... the black sox threw a world series... ty cobb made his spikes razor sharp to gain an advantage while sliding... players in mantle's day used amphetamines to give them an extra boost... gaylord perry was a notorious cheater, and is in the hall of fame... the houston astros & minnesota twins were accused of adjusting the air conditioning flow in their domes depending on which team was batting... players steal signs from catchers... some teams even have video cameras set up to steal signs... sammy sosa corked his bat... barry bonds is allegedly on steroids...

people have always tried to gain a competitive advantage... not just in baseball, but in all sports. the boston celtics used to jack the temperature in the visitor's locker room to 85-90degrees in an effort to tire the other team out. is it right? of course not... but the outrage going around today like it's some sort of shocking news that an athlete is trying to cheat to get a competitive edge is naive and silly.

well, turning up the heat or blowing the air conditioner in a different direction isnt a federal crime, and not something that will lead to serious health issues for the players in the future.

you mean these guys are doing things that will cause serious health issues down the line? something new and different...
the_mick.jpg

p238.jpg

if steroids were around in the era of ruth, williams, mantle the way they are today, to think they too wouldn't have used the juice is a bit naive...

and on to the hypocrisy of the press' treatment of this whole issue...

i'm listening to mike and the mad dog on wfan here in new york... they went on a whole thing on what message this steroid thing is giving to kids, and followed that up with a commercial break featuring ads for ephedra based stacker 2 & carb blockers, GNC, etc. etc.

Sports radio in Boston has constant ads from internet gambling sites as well as those 1-900-bet 2 win type phone lines, especially during football season.

Back
Top Bottom