Soundtracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADecentMelody

War Child
Which soundtrack do you all listen to the most? I've found myself still listening to Orange County on a regular basis. The weird thing is, I still haven't seen the movie. :shrug:

Some other honorable mentions: American Pie, Pulp Fiction.

I use to listen to the two trainspotting soundtracks a lot. Have not in a long time.
i really like...
vanilla sky
snatch
thicker than water
about a boy
singles
one giant leap (i guess this can be a soundtrack)

Wim Wenders' "Until the End of the World" OST. It doesn't get any better than this. Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Lou Reed, Patti Smith, REM, U2, Daniel Lanois, Nick Cave...and the list goes on. This is unquestionably the best soundtrack ever. If you ever come across it, do yourself a big favor and purchase it!

for the longest time I listened to the "Dumb and Dumber" Soundtrack...haven't in years, though...guess it's kind of dated now...

Carlito's Way
(the original movie score by Patrick Doyle - not the other soundtrack album featuring songs from the movie, although that's great too)

Braveheart

Superman
(stick this on in the morning to get you geared up for the day - superb)

The Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers)
The Silence of the Lambs

Howard Shore is brilliant. :drool:

By composer (I'm a big score fan)

John Williams

-Schindler's List: probably the greatest score ever written. Very moving.

-Jurassic Park: the reason I picked up a trumpet in high school! Great themes.

-Star Wars Episode V: what started it all; great themes once again.

There are too many to list.

John Williams is brilliant. He has composed the most amazing scores... Also: check out "Summon the Heroes" and "Olympic Spirit". Wonderful trumpet work.

Hans Zimmer

-Gladiator: great rhythms, good use of female singers; borrowed themes from The Planets

-Power of One: amazing, powerful African-influenced music. A MUST. (see my thread)

Howard Shore

-Lord of the Rings: of course ;) Very dense orchestration, great themes; very evocative!

James Horner

-Braveheart: gotta love the bagpipes!

Horner tends to rip himself off; his Braveheart themes have been used (with slight variations) in numerous scores... But Braveheart remains a must-have.

Back
Top Bottom