Soundtrack of our Lives - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-04-2003, 06:07 AM   #1
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Soundtrack of our Lives

I just bought their CD. I love 'Surround Sister.' It's the best thing I've heard on the radio in a long time. Do any of you have any info on this band? I think they're from Sweden.

Old 04-04-2003, 09:30 AM   #2
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:09 PM
They are from Sweden. AMG bio time!

Ebbot Lundberg (vocals) and Bjorn Olsson (guitar) were founders of the wildly exciting Swedish band Union Carbide Productions, which recorded several albums that mixed Captain Beefheart and punk (think Stooges) to wonderful effect in the late '80s. Eventually Ian Person joined Union Carbide Productions on guitar. By this point, however, Lundberg was becoming influenced by Love and other late-'60s psych-pop bands and was steering the band in this direction, causing friction within the band. After several albums in this new direction, Union Carbide Productions imploded, and band members went in their own directions. Lundberg, Olsson, and Person reunited in 1995 and started the band Soundtrack of Our Lives, which mines the '60s psych vein in unique, unpredictable, and interesting ways. Never sounding like a retro act, Soundtrack of Our Lives is a thoroughly modern band that is actually extending '60s themes and ideas in ways that acts from that time never imagined. The Homo Habilis Blues EP was released in 1996, followed by the full-length Welcome to the Infant Freebase in 1997, after which Olsson left the touring aspect of the band to the other members, remaining as a part of the band in the studio while maintaining his own solo career. Work on a second album commenced in 1998, and Sire signed the band with plans to release their music domestically for the first time. Stanton Swihart

I only know one of their songs, Infra Riot, and I guess I like it but I've never really followed up on it.

Old 04-04-2003, 09:51 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:09 AM
I've had their album since last summer when they toured with Oasis. It's all right, but I only listened to it once or twice.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #4
Blue Meth Addict
Local Time: 03:09 AM
I like Sister Surround, Nevermore, and Inra Riot.

I'd like to listen to their cd.

I saw them on Conan Obrien, they were good live.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:15 PM   #5
Local Time: 04:09 AM
they are pretty good. i have their cd behind the music and it's good. they sound a whole lot better live though. ebbot is definately entertaining.

he almost jumped on top of my friend at their last toronto show. he jumped up on the bar behind her and when he jumped down he almost landed on her. scary thought.