SOS concerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
so what are your thoughts on these Live8esque concerts? the whole thing that Al Gore put together? Personally i'm kinda dubious. Live 8 was great because it followed an already famous concert 20 years earler...This just seems like Mr Gore trying to publicise himself and cash in on another idea of a global concert. At least the lineup is good so far.

oops I thought this was about the Police - I'll send an SOS to the world! Anyway...

I saw a snippet about this on TV this morning, who's in the line up so far.

europop2005 said:
so what are your thoughts on these Live8esque concerts? the whole thing that Al Gore put together? Personally i'm kinda dubious. Live 8 was great because it followed an already famous concert 20 years earler...This just seems like Mr Gore trying to publicise himself and cash in on another idea of a global concert. At least the lineup is good so far.

I don't know much about the concerts, but why would you say that Gore is trying to cash in? It's to fight global warming, not to fill his own pockets.

i dont mean it that way...I'm saying Gore is trying to mimic Bob Geldof, wanting to be a messiah to the enviormental community...I don't mean moneywise...Its the exact same idea as Live 8...i'm sure he means the best of intentions, but it comes too soon on the heels of Live 8 to be taken as seriously IMO

Back
Top Bottom