Sorry Tom, Ben beat you to the alter! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pax

Something tells me that if your wife knew that you were posting naked (aye, naked) pictures of famous women on a discussion board and drooling over them, she might not be 100% cool with it.
Pax, I will try to say this nice because you do not even deserve it: you are in no position, and you have absolutely no right at all, to judge my marriage.

So, kindly, do not express an opinion on things you have absolutely no say in. I am sure that you would love it if I started having an opinion on Ewen and you.

Unfortunately, you can ban me but I cannot ban you.

One of the disadvantages of having a highly judgmental and biased person as a moderator.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

Following your same line of logic, I could conclude that, with over 7,000 posts in less than 7 months you do not have any other friends or a social life and all you do with your time is post here in Interference. This would have probably been a flawed conclusion but, and I emphasize this, follows exactly the same silly reasoning that you are applying towards me in your post.
Oh I must absolutely fucking applaud you on this. Totally! Seriously, who the fuck cares how many posts I have in how many months. I post at work. I don't see what the problem is with this. I have a social life, I work and I go to school. So don't you dare bring such stupidity into this argument.

My problem with you posting such lovely pics of women on here is that there are kids who will look at it. You don't get it at all. You never will. You are shallow and materialistic and you know it.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:03 AM   #48
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

One of the advantages of not being a mod anymore is that you can tell people exactly what you think without your abilities as a mod being called into question.

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
One of the advantages of not being a mod anymore is that you can tell people exactly what you think without your abilities as a mod being called into question.
This was probably the smartest thing that you could have done.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

Oh I must absolutely fucking applaud you on this. Totally! Seriously, who the fuck cares how many posts I have in how many months. I post at work. I don't see what the problem is with this. I have a social life, I work and I go to school. So don't you dare bring such stupidity into this argument.

My problem with you posting such lovely pics of women on here is that there are kids who will look at it. You don't get it at all. You never will. You are shallow and materialistic and you know it.
Your bias does not allow you to see that I indicated in my post that this would have been a 'flawed' conclusion (i.e., 'not the right' conclusion).

But, as it always has been, you would rather read what you want to read, and not the whole post.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #51
Refugee

Back on topic. Thanks Bennifer II for not causing a media frenzy as per the previous fiasco known now as Bennifer I.

With that being said, congrats and have a great life!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

It's pointless to continue this. You don't really understand the impact of posting almost nude woman and continually saying looks and nothing else matters. I'm sure if we were to post some pics of you and people picked it apart that you wouldn't feel great about it. Anyways, I'm done. I'm just saying what I feel and you are saying what you feel. Therefore, I will steer clear of your posts and vice versa.

Back on topic.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I know I should reaaaaaalllllllly stay out of this, but sometimes I just don't use my better judgement.

I just happen to find this campaign against U2NYC a tad bit hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything he says or posts, hell I don't even look in the Sexiest Women thread, but I don't really think he is the monster some people are trying to make him out to be.

Sure the sexiest women thread isnt the classiest thing in the world, but how come the morality police aren't over in Pleba posting some of these same comments in the sexiest men thread? I don't see any posts over there calling them shallow and telling them the only thing that matters to them is looks. I've skimmed through the sexiest men thread because I enjoy a sexy male body as much as the next guy, and there are some verrrrrrrry revealing pictures over there as well. How come nobody is looking out for the kids over there? Maybe we should go over and judge their marriages and relationships as well, I bet their significant others wouldn't like them posting pictures of practically naked men.

Or maybe we should just not instantly judge people who we really don't know at all. Alright, I really shouldnt hit submit right now, but what the hell.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Chizip, you have every right to post what you think. Everyone has the right to express their opinion.

I don't have a campaign out against anyone.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
I know I should reaaaaaalllllllly stay out of this, but sometimes I just don't use my better judgement.

I just happen to find this campaign against U2NYC a tad bit hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything he says or posts, hell I don't even look in the Sexiest Women thread, but I don't really think he is the monster some people are trying to make him out to be.

Sure the sexiest women thread isnt the classiest thing in the world, but how come the morality police aren't over in Pleba posting some of these same comments in the sexiest men thread? I don't see any posts over there calling them shallow and telling them the only thing that matters to them is looks. I've skimmed through the sexiest men thread because I enjoy a sexy male body as much as the next guy, and there are some verrrrrrrry revealing pictures over there as well. How come nobody is looking out for the kids over there? Maybe we should go over and judge their marriages and relationships as well, I bet their significant others wouldn't like them posting pictures of practically naked men.

Or maybe we should just not instantly judge people who we really don't know at all. Alright, I really shouldnt hit submit right now, but what the hell.
Thanks, Chizip. Sometimes a third-party view can provide some light and a different perspective. I have made the same argument before and should point out that no men have gone to PLEBA to criticize anything there.

But I guess it is just easier for some people to attack me, using excuses to do so.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I don't have a campaign out against anyone.
I am sorry, but it just does not luck that way after you called me shallow, materialistic and I do not know how many other things.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I'm sure if we were to post some pics of you and people picked it apart that you wouldn't feel great about it.
This was discussed at length before and we agreed that we would not post pictures of people we knew and focus on celebrities. So your argument does not apply.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I agree with Chizip...I'm a female and I like to think of myself as an intelligent one at that. I'll be the first to be offended and speak up if I think someone's being truly sexist or rude.

But I don't see the harm in the guys having a little fun posting pics of hot girls. I don't truly judge guys on their looks, but that doesnt stop me from drooling over pictures of hot guys, meaningless fun.

I am pretty sure I detected a bit of sarcasm in U2@NYC's post that looks are that matter, or "an ugly or avg woman is sad"...something like that. Of course, I could be wrong, and U2@NYC could have meant those posts completely seriously. It's just a hunch I have. Try not to take everything so seriously...

Re: Bennifer 2....I couldn't really care less, but for the sake of staying on topic (somewhat), I'll give it 2 years and wish them well.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
I am pretty sure I detected a bit of sarcasm in U2@NYC's post that looks are that matter, or "an ugly or avg woman is sad"...something like that. Of course, I could be wrong, and U2@NYC could have meant those posts completely seriously. It's just a hunch I have. Try not to take everything so seriously...
Indeed. I did not use those statements but thanks for reading between the lines.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

I agree, and I have the feeling a lot of others do as well, so don't feel bad for speaking out.