Sorry Tom, Ben beat you to the alter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
windmillle lane and u2@nyc...your posts are really starting to rub me the wrong way. and no i cant avoid all the shit you guys post either.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
The ring

grosbyfeatures035321.jpg

Thats a bit, um, friggin huge.

Angela Harlem said:
It's also on the wrong hand.

If shes Scandanavian its on the right hand (in both senses of the word).

Maybe the pic is backwards.

Maybe she is pretending shes not married.

Maybe she should wear falsies if shes gonna be flashing. :wink:

Windmilllane said:

An ugly or average-looking woman is both gross and sad. It's all about the eye candy, people.

Why are you so hung up on appearances?

Sure the media likes to think we all should be; but I don't know anyone who is "supermodel perfection" and I could care less.

sorry...back on topic... :up: to them, may they have a long happy marriage.

icelle said:
windmillle lane and u2@nyc...your posts are really starting to rub me the wrong way. and no i cant avoid all the shit you guys post either.

Ok. What do you want me to do?

I think this marriage has a good chance, since it seems they started out as friends before they became romantically involved. Best of luck to them. They seem well suited to each other :)

U2Girl1978 said:

Stop being the ignoramus that you are.

Wow, using sophisticated words, aren't we?

Sorry, but I don't think like you, so I will continue doing what I am doing. If you don't like it, ignore me.

pax said:
Here's an idea...find out if Maxim has discussion forums, and then join them.

I actually am a big U2 fan and, as I long as I do not break the rules, which I do not think I am, I think I have the right to post here.

I know you do not like me, but that does not mean I should go post somewhere else.

U2@NYC said:

Wow, using sophisticated words, aren't we?

Sorry, but I don't think like you, so I will continue doing what I am doing. If you don't like it, ignore me.

Right. It's quite hard to ignore someone who is downright immature. How old are you? 12? Are we still in high school? Do you feel the need to objectify women and post scantily clad woman or woman who don't wear anything at all? You say you don't mean no offense to posting about these woman but you still do it. I really think you need to grow up. It's really really sad that you and Windmilllane think that looks is the only thing that matters. Are you really so shallow minded? Does anything else matter besides looks? If it is, then it must get pretty boring talking about how gorgeous you are over and over and not talk about anything substantial. If you don't get what I'm saying then it's a shame.

I'm sorry to others about getting off track here.

U2Girl1978 said:

Right. It's quite hard to ignore someone who is downright immature. How old are you? 12? Are we still in high school? Do you feel the need to objectify women and post scantily clad woman or woman who don't wear anything at all? You say you don't mean no offense to posting about these woman but you still do it. I really think you need to grow up. It's really really sad that you and Windmilllane think that looks is the only thing that matters. Are you really so shallow minded? Does anything else matter besides looks? If it is, then it must get pretty boring talking about how gorgeous you are over and over and not talk about anything substantial. If you don't get what I'm saying then it's a shame.

I'm sorry to others about getting off track here.

Throughout my 4.5 years in this forum, I have talked and discussed many 'substantial' things. I am happy to direct you to other threads on 'smokefree' cities or how Starbucks has changed the coffee culture in America to see that the other "Hot Chicks" thread is not all I care about (and I have repeatedly explained this but you and others seem to ignore my explanations).

Following your same line of logic, I could conclude that, with over 7,000 posts in less than 7 months you do not have any other friends or a social life and all you do with your time is post here in Interference. This would have probably been a flawed conclusion but, and I emphasize this, follows exactly the same silly reasoning that you are applying towards me in your post.

But, of course, you and others (including Pax, who insists on pointing out that I am married as some sort of senseless indication that I am betraying my wife by posting pics of pretty women in a forum) prefer to take a different approach and act as all there is in my mind are pretty women. Yes, quoting Pax, I am married. And I am grown up, not only physically, but mentally.

And I consider myself pretty mature and all I want to do with some of these posts and threads is having a little bit of fun.

If you want to blame me for admiring female beauty (and you can define beauty however you want), I'd rather take that blame than wasting more time on defending myself from people that cannot see beyond one thread.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

But, of course, you and others (including Pax, who insists on pointing out that I am married as some sort of senseless indication that I am betraying my wife by posting pics of pretty women in a forum) prefer to take a different approach and act as all there is in my mind are pretty women.

Something tells me that if your wife knew that you were posting naked (aye, naked) pictures of famous women on a discussion board and drooling over them, she might not be 100% cool with it.

Call it a hunch.

On that note, I'm departing from this particular waste of the finite time I've been granted on Earth.

pax said:

Something tells me that if your wife knew that you were posting naked (aye, naked) pictures of famous women on a discussion board and drooling over them, she might not be 100% cool with it.

Pax, I will try to say this nice because you do not even deserve it: you are in no position, and you have absolutely no right at all, to judge my marriage.

So, kindly, do not express an opinion on things you have absolutely no say in. I am sure that you would love it if I started having an opinion on Ewen and you.

Unfortunately, you can ban me but I cannot ban you.

One of the disadvantages of having a highly judgmental and biased person as a moderator.

U2@NYC said:

Following your same line of logic, I could conclude that, with over 7,000 posts in less than 7 months you do not have any other friends or a social life and all you do with your time is post here in Interference. This would have probably been a flawed conclusion but, and I emphasize this, follows exactly the same silly reasoning that you are applying towards me in your post.

Oh I must absolutely fucking applaud you on this. Totally! Seriously, who the fuck cares how many posts I have in how many months. I post at work. I don't see what the problem is with this. I have a social life, I work and I go to school. So don't you dare bring such stupidity into this argument.

My problem with you posting such lovely pics of women on here is that there are kids who will look at it. You don't get it at all. You never will. You are shallow and materialistic and you know it.

One of the advantages of not being a mod anymore is that you can tell people exactly what you think without your abilities as a mod being called into question.

pax said:
One of the advantages of not being a mod anymore is that you can tell people exactly what you think without your abilities as a mod being called into question.

This was probably the smartest thing that you could have done.

U2Girl1978 said:

Oh I must absolutely fucking applaud you on this. Totally! Seriously, who the fuck cares how many posts I have in how many months. I post at work. I don't see what the problem is with this. I have a social life, I work and I go to school. So don't you dare bring such stupidity into this argument.

My problem with you posting such lovely pics of women on here is that there are kids who will look at it. You don't get it at all. You never will. You are shallow and materialistic and you know it.

Your bias does not allow you to see that I indicated in my post that this would have been a 'flawed' conclusion (i.e., 'not the right' conclusion).

But, as it always has been, you would rather read what you want to read, and not the whole post.

It's pointless to continue this. You don't really understand the impact of posting almost nude woman and continually saying looks and nothing else matters. I'm sure if we were to post some pics of you and people picked it apart that you wouldn't feel great about it. Anyways, I'm done. I'm just saying what I feel and you are saying what you feel. Therefore, I will steer clear of your posts and vice versa.

Back on topic.

I know I should reaaaaaalllllllly stay out of this, but sometimes I just don't use my better judgement.

I just happen to find this campaign against U2NYC a tad bit hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything he says or posts, hell I don't even look in the Sexiest Women thread, but I don't really think he is the monster some people are trying to make him out to be.

Sure the sexiest women thread isnt the classiest thing in the world, but how come the morality police aren't over in Pleba posting some of these same comments in the sexiest men thread? I don't see any posts over there calling them shallow and telling them the only thing that matters to them is looks. I've skimmed through the sexiest men thread because I enjoy a sexy male body as much as the next guy, and there are some verrrrrrrry revealing pictures over there as well. How come nobody is looking out for the kids over there? Maybe we should go over and judge their marriages and relationships as well, I bet their significant others wouldn't like them posting pictures of practically naked men.

Or maybe we should just not instantly judge people who we really don't know at all. Alright, I really shouldnt hit submit right now, but what the hell.

Chizip said:
I know I should reaaaaaalllllllly stay out of this, but sometimes I just don't use my better judgement.

I just happen to find this campaign against U2NYC a tad bit hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything he says or posts, hell I don't even look in the Sexiest Women thread, but I don't really think he is the monster some people are trying to make him out to be.

Sure the sexiest women thread isnt the classiest thing in the world, but how come the morality police aren't over in Pleba posting some of these same comments in the sexiest men thread? I don't see any posts over there calling them shallow and telling them the only thing that matters to them is looks. I've skimmed through the sexiest men thread because I enjoy a sexy male body as much as the next guy, and there are some verrrrrrrry revealing pictures over there as well. How come nobody is looking out for the kids over there? Maybe we should go over and judge their marriages and relationships as well, I bet their significant others wouldn't like them posting pictures of practically naked men.

Or maybe we should just not instantly judge people who we really don't know at all. Alright, I really shouldnt hit submit right now, but what the hell.

Thanks, Chizip. Sometimes a third-party view can provide some light and a different perspective. I have made the same argument before and should point out that no men have gone to PLEBA to criticize anything there.

But I guess it is just easier for some people to attack me, using excuses to do so.

U2Girl1978 said:
I don't have a campaign out against anyone.

I am sorry, but it just does not luck that way after you called me shallow, materialistic and I do not know how many other things.

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm sure if we were to post some pics of you and people picked it apart that you wouldn't feel great about it.

This was discussed at length before and we agreed that we would not post pictures of people we knew and focus on celebrities. So your argument does not apply.

I agree with Chizip...I'm a female and I like to think of myself as an intelligent one at that. :wink: I'll be the first to be offended and speak up if I think someone's being truly sexist or rude.

But I don't see the harm in the guys having a little fun posting pics of hot girls. I don't truly judge guys on their looks, but that doesnt stop me from drooling over pictures of hot guys, meaningless fun.

I am pretty sure I detected a bit of sarcasm in U2@NYC's post that looks are that matter, or "an ugly or avg woman is sad"...something like that. Of course, I could be wrong, and U2@NYC could have meant those posts completely seriously. It's just a hunch I have. Try not to take everything so seriously...

Re: Bennifer 2....I couldn't really care less, but for the sake of staying on topic (somewhat), I'll give it 2 years and wish them well.

VertigoGal said:
I am pretty sure I detected a bit of sarcasm in U2@NYC's post that looks are that matter, or "an ugly or avg woman is sad"...something like that. Of course, I could be wrong, and U2@NYC could have meant those posts completely seriously. It's just a hunch I have. Try not to take everything so seriously...

Indeed. I did not use those statements but thanks for reading between the lines.

Chizip said:

I agree, and I have the feeling a lot of others do as well, so don't feel bad for speaking out.

Back
Top Bottom