Sore Throat Remedies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
I need something

I've had a sore throat for 3 days now, and nothing will make it go away (i tested negative for strep throat)

I've tried with no avail:

-cepacol
-lozenges
-tylenol
-ice cream (i ate an entire pint of ben and jerry's :drool:)
-yogurt smoothies
-soup
-honey

any other ideas?

you could try actually eating an orange, don't just drink orange juice
also, make lemonade with honey in it. you could also make hot tea with honey in it. =)
i hope you get better soon!
for fast relief, i like to eat Hall's Fruit Breezers, but that won't cure your throat.

also this may be a sign of getting a cold, alot of people rely on cold medicines. But those only mask your symptoms. My girlfriend is a vitamin rep, so we go with ester C 1000 MG, and lots of echinacea, and probillion immunolin. This helps your immune system fight back at the cold, instead of masking thru the duration. I also take oil of oregano during the cold season. You can get all of this stuff at any herbal/ vitamin store.

Im a whore in this thread, I also forgot Zinc, there is a good one called " cold ease" and they dont taste that bad. But they make your mouth feel like youve been sucking on a coin.

I tried tea, and that did essentially nothing

I've also got these amoxocillin tablets I got prescribed

that should help, but how long until it takes affect?

DeadMansParty said:
I use a tea called " throat coat" you can get it at any health food store, it works great.

:up: This is good stuff. I also would recommend what others listed cuz they all work for me....gargle with some warm salt water, eat an orange (it's the perfect food!), tea with lemon and honey, zinc and echinacea is good. Push the fluids tho....and I would think an antibiotic is only going to help if there is some kind of infection, but it should take at least 24 hours before feeling any relief. Have you tried a pain reliever? It would help with any inflammation. Stay warm and dry and don't talk or sing!

I also love Airborne, but it is really to be used to help ward off evil germs that could cause cold and flu...BEFORE you have a change to feel symptoms.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

DeadMansParty said:
Im a whore in this thread, I also forgot Zinc, there is a good one called " cold ease" and they dont taste that bad. But they make your mouth feel like youve been sucking on a coin.

DMP~ GO TO DISNEYLAND! NOW! :wink:

I'm Ready said:

It takes atleast a day or 2, feel better, I have it as well.

DeadMansParty said:

I bought some Zicam, which is supposed to reduce the length/severity of a cold. It's a nasal spray, because the coldease upsets my stomach sometimes.

The verdict's still out on how the Zicam will work. I'm home sick today :| .

kellyahern said:

I bought some Zicam, which is supposed to reduce the length/severity of a cold. It's a nasal spray, because the coldease upsets my stomach sometimes.

:hug:

I have the throat thing too. I was hoping for a snow day.

kellyahern said:

Hi Kelly! Hope you are feeling better :hug: I've used Zicam with success, so hope it works for you. I forgot about Zicam when I posted earlier.

I'm Ready said:

sounds like youve got strep throat if they gave you those, it usually take 24 hours for those to start working

DeadMansParty said:

sounds like youve got strep throat if they gave you those, it usually take 24 hours for those to start working

actually an ear infection, but the sore throat was what was bothering me (I tested negative for strep)

however, after a decent nights sleep my sore throat just faded away today

Back
Top Bottom