Sophia Loren Poses Nude At 71

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I'm sure she'll look great, those Pirelli calendars and photos are gorgeous. Good to see they don't care how old she is.

(AFP)Veteran sex symbol Sofia Loren, first featured on magazine covers half a century ago, will appear for next year's Pirelli calendar dressed up only in diamond earrings.

The voluptuous Italian screen legend, who will celebrate her 72nd birthday on September 20, joins a galaxy of international female stars posing in the nude for the 2007 cult calendar, the Italian magazine Gente (People) reported Wednesday.

Others include Spain's Penelope Cruz, Britain's Naomi Watts, US star Hilary Swank and France's Lou Doillon, the daughter of singer-actress Jane Birkin.

The calendar portraits of Loren taken by Dutch photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Winoodh Matadin are "very beautiful and will add to the myth of La Loren," said Loren's close friend Silvia Damiani, one of the privileged few to have already caught a glimpse of the latest Loren revelations.

The newspaper Corriere della Sera Wednesday published test versions of the closely guarded pictures showing the star stretched out on a bed -- but fully dressed in a black outfit and wrapped in a sheet.

Among the Naples star's screen triumphs was an appearance in a transparent negligee in her 1964 movie "Marriage Italian Style," and her striptease in front of fellow Italian Marcello Mastroianni in "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow," reprised 30 years later in director Robert Altman's "Pret a Porter" (Ready to Wear).

Her Indian summer in the nude has divided Italy's showbusiness world.

"Sofia Loren is an icon, she can do whatever she likes," said statuesque actress Valeria Marini, herself a veteran of the nude photography front.

But screen director Gianni Boncompagni thought otherwise. "I don't see the use of it," he was quoted as saying.

And Sofia herself?

"You have to be firm about it when you make up your mind to do something you like and you've been thinking about doing for a long time," she told Gente, which reports that Loren has just a completed a health cure.

Born Sofia Scicolone on September 20, 1934, she and her single mother lived in abject poverty in the war-torn slums of Naples.

At 14 she began entering area beauty contests, later becoming a model and appearing in a number of uncredited bit parts in films.

After winning a beauty contest in Rome, she was signed to a film contract by producer Carlo Ponti, whom she later married.

Canadiens1160 said:
This thread is useless without pics :wink:

She's not naked (they were only setting up lighting I guess) but here ya' go...

SophiaLorenPirelli.jpg

would Sophia Loren be considered a "GILF"?

The other attractive women in this calendar may be offset by the possibility of accidentally flipping a page and seeing a nude Hillary Swank. <SHUDDER>

MrsSpringsteen said:
I'm sure she'll look great, those Pirelli calendars and photos are gorgeous. Good to see they don't care how old she is.

(AFP)Veteran sex symbol Sofia Loren, first featured on magazine covers half a century ago, will appear for next year's Pirelli calendar dressed up only in diamond earrings.

The voluptuous Italian screen legend, who will celebrate her 72nd birthday on September 20, joins a galaxy of international female stars posing in the nude for the 2007 cult calendar, the Italian magazine Gente (People) reported Wednesday.

Others include Spain's Penelope Cruz, Britain's Naomi Watts, US star Hilary Swank and France's Lou Doillon, the daughter of singer-actress Jane Birkin.

The calendar portraits of Loren taken by Dutch photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Winoodh Matadin are "very beautiful and will add to the myth of La Loren," said Loren's close friend Silvia Damiani, one of the privileged few to have already caught a glimpse of the latest Loren revelations.

The newspaper Corriere della Sera Wednesday published test versions of the closely guarded pictures showing the star stretched out on a bed -- but fully dressed in a black outfit and wrapped in a sheet.

Among the Naples star's screen triumphs was an appearance in a transparent negligee in her 1964 movie "Marriage Italian Style," and her striptease in front of fellow Italian Marcello Mastroianni in "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow," reprised 30 years later in director Robert Altman's "Pret a Porter" (Ready to Wear).

Her Indian summer in the nude has divided Italy's showbusiness world.

"Sofia Loren is an icon, she can do whatever she likes," said statuesque actress Valeria Marini, herself a veteran of the nude photography front.

But screen director Gianni Boncompagni thought otherwise. "I don't see the use of it," he was quoted as saying.

And Sofia herself?

"You have to be firm about it when you make up your mind to do something you like and you've been thinking about doing for a long time," she told Gente, which reports that Loren has just a completed a health cure.

Born Sofia Scicolone on September 20, 1934, she and her single mother lived in abject poverty in the war-torn slums of Naples.

At 14 she began entering area beauty contests, later becoming a model and appearing in a number of uncredited bit parts in films.

After winning a beauty contest in Rome, she was signed to a film contract by producer Carlo Ponti, whom she later married.

:rockon: :rockon:

The so-called "stars" of today can really learn something about the true meaning of CLASS..........Sophia Loren epitomizes class.

I'm 10-years old and stuck to the black and white tube in the late 1950's, early 1960's and this is what I get what I watch Boy on a Dolphin.....I'm still staring at her, them, those...:hyper:

boy3.JPG

For the curious, kinda rated a PG-13, check out 1950's Hollywood starlet Mamie Van Doren.com....another va-va-voom!!!

Last edited:
Not really nude..

The Italian icon was quoted by Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper as saying: "I enjoyed myself while posing. It was as if I was a little girl again." Early rumours said that Loren did a nude photo shoot, but these allegations have been dismounted by Sophia's publicist, Enrico Lucherini, who said for the Daily Mail newspaper that "Sophia is in the Pirelli calendar but she is certainly not nude. He didn't forget to mention that "in the Sixties she had hundreds of offers to pose nude but she turned them all down. But she still looks fantastic now."

Back
Top Bottom