Soooo... Kanye West?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was listening to Late Registration in the car today, and waiting for the filler tracks. They never came.

You know something is good when you don't even mind the guy from Maroon 5 singing on the track.

I can't remember a hip hop song that hit the swelling crescendo of "We Major". What an awesome, awesome track. And it has Nas! Before that is Nas's rap-war enemy Jay-Z, in a song that samples the title song from the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever! Brilliant! Also, sampling Curtis Mayfield may seem a bit obvious (and I'm having a hard time believing no one else has sampled "Move on Up" before), but damn it sounds good when Kanye does it.

It may not hit some of the highs of OutKast's last couple albums (there isn't anything as infectious as Miss Jackson, Roses, or Hey Ya), but it's a hell of a lot more consistent.

Right now I'm not feeling a weak track on there...

Was shocked to see how ineloquent he was on the hurricane relief concert tonight. Maybe he was nervous ... as he should be, saying something negative about Bush on national TV!*

*at least he did on the live feed of the concert, or so I've heard. It was edited out on the west coast version. :mad:

Must be seen to be believed. From MSNBC (transcript of the bit, then a link to the video):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9177352/page/2/

I love how it seemed like an afterthought, and then the look Mike Myers gives him.

(It's "Bush doesn't care about black people," for the record.)

Last edited:
Kanye just seems genuinely very, very, very bothered by all of this. I think he was actually having a hard time maintaing composure.

good on kanye for saying it.

the media portrait of the situation has been nothing short of odd.

when they show looting, it's of black people.

white people are shown when it's a shot of people needing food.

bah.

i don't really believe bush hates black people though, that's a bit rich.

Bush might not "hate" black people, but him and his Republican brethren, for the most part, have done very little to improve the lives of African Americans, most notably with regards to Inner City education, housing, etc. We won't even get into allegations about the C.I.A. helping to spread drugs into largely black areas.

You have a couple high-up Uncle Toms like Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice to make them look good, but when the GOP trots out minorities at their conventions to speak it rings totally false.

lazarus said:
Bush might not "hate" black people, but him and his Republican brethren, for the most part, have done very little to improve the lives of African Americans, most notably with regards to Inner City education, housing, etc. We won't even get into allegations about the C.I.A. helping to spread drugs into largely black areas.

You have a couple high-up Uncle Toms like Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice to make them look good, but when the GOP trots out minorities at their conventions to speak it rings totally false.

RIGHT ON!!

lazarus said:

well said, i agree.

even if i have to chug some conspiracy kool-aid.

there's too many signs...too much history to indicate what you're saying is true.

got_edge said:
Bought Gold Digger from iTunes on Tuesday ( :up: ) and I plan on getting the album this weekend.
Same hear I am addicted to that song now!!!:wink:
I love Jamie Foxx doing his Ray Charles voice!!!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom