Songs You're Embarrassed To Admit You Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop music I love it and Disco music from the 70's and yeh urm..RnB

Today my tune is Destinys Child vs Nirvana- Smells like teen spirit :eek:

Chumbawumba, o town, britney spears...avril lavigne....n-sync....eminem.....creed...justin timberlake.....shakira....Kylie Minogue....Sophie Ellis Bextor....Pink...

I have them all on Cd...... :wave: :eeklaugh: :wink:

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

Actually, I prefer the new version of "Lady Marmalade" over Patti Labelle's version, personally. I think the girls who covered that song added something to it. I like their version.

Angela

That's interesting. I always thought Patti's version was such a killer. Come to think of it, those girls did some interesting things with that song.

be thank ful you don't live near me

when I pack the family off to work and school:kiss: :wave: :eeklaugh:...out they come .
my :dance: and singalong CD's
Kasey Chambers - Barricades and Brickwalls
Emmylou Harris -Red Dirt Girl, and that Chuck Berry song she covers so well
Dolly Parton- Little Sparrow
Willie Nelson - Across the Borderline
Shakira- Eyes Like Yours..about 3 times in a row..exhausting
Harry Belafonte- Live in Concert
hmm trying to think of something really embarrassing, well more embarrassing than those.
I heard the presenters on JJJ, playing and saying "the laughing gnome" must be a big embarrasment for Bowie. I BOUGHT the single when it came out. It was a B-side to "Sorrow" I just taped it a few weeks ago..I still know ALL the words.
and Melanie's "brand new key"
I know...I have a Bing Crosby cassette in my room

ahh I like getting shit like this off my chest.

I think pink's song "family portrait" is great...powerful, sad, true.
"fordit about it, fordit about it" ( quote from my friend's not quite 3 year old trying to break up a fight between his parents)

I have a confession....I really like hugh grant...I just watched "about a boy" the scene with the doorbell and Zoo Station. I haven't laughed that hard for a while. I sing with my eyes closed too.....I want to sing badly, I do sing badly.
we're an island chain:heart:

Harry, Cass!! I'm downloading a few harry songs at the moment for a neighbour, but I'm thinking of burning an additional cd for myself! I have always loved him, when I was little my mum used to play all these records of his and being daggy little kids we would go wild in the loungeroom dancing to all his songs. I've only got Jump down spin around, Jamaica farewell and theres a hole in my bucket so far, I want to resist getting the banana boat song. I never knew Earth Kitt sang the female part to theres a hole in my bucket. Most surprised.
So yeah, add Harry Belafonte to my list!

Re: be thank ful you don't live near me

cass said:
I have a confession....I really like hugh grant...I just watched "about a boy" the scene with the doorbell and Zoo Station. I haven't laughed that hard for a while. I sing with my eyes closed too.....I want to sing badly, I do sing badly.
we're an island chain:heart:

lol, I laughed at the same thing. I was hearing this funny sound, and I was thinking "hey, I know this one...oh God it's U2!!!". And then Marcus goes around ringing the doorbell and I was laughing away and all the non-U2 fans (loads of them) in the audience were chuckling but seemed not to get it. Ah. :) Excellent film, but then again I'm a Nick Hornby fan.

Robbie Williams - Millenium and Angels.

Actually, I"m not at all embarrased about Angels. That's a great song.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Ooh, I like both those songs as well ("Angels" is a great song, I totally agree).
It's a classic. ;) And the video... :drool: It really is such a beautiful song though. :)

I'm a big Stray Cats fan. Sometimes I get crap for having their Greatest Hits cd, or for listening to it. I'm not that embarrassed, I just get crap for it.

there are far worse things than listening to the stray cats...that's not a bad band

IWasBored said:
i probably SHOULD be embarrased that i have the andrew w.k. album. downloaded and put on a cassette tape, but i listen to it...

I own that album. I love it. It kicks ass, truthfully. He's all about just making fun music, and he succeeded. He's not going for most influential artist of the decade or anything, he just likes to party. Once you get past that you'll like it.

Back
Top Bottom