Songs that mess with your head & don't let you go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
:crazy:

"For You" by Bruce Springsteen, I can't get away from it, I can't wrap my mind around it, I can't listen to it enough.

I just put this song on repeat (the one from my Boston show cuz I dont have the original) and listen to it and feel it dig this HOLE inside of me.

:scream: :sad: :crazy: more more more..

omg i am stuck inside the beauty & anguish of this song!

:coocoo: Any one else there get like this?

'Trying to throw your arms' also held me captive for about a week *repeatrepeatrepeat*.. exhale.. :sigh:

I hate when I get addicted to certain songs.....it's like crack :crack:

For the past few days I've had "Crazy" by Tori Amos on repeat.....

Usually I find myself also hitting repeat for:
Gone
One (Warchild Version)
Precious Things by Tori
Into the Fire by Brooooce
The Rising

Maybe s'thing can be done about getting you the original version of that Olive, if you'd like :) if I have it...

All of Bruce's songs have that effect on me, and so does he :D

Right now, two songs that come to mind that put me in a trance when I listen to them are Come Away With Me by Norah Jones and The Other Side-David Gray

is this a disease? these songs are my drugs!

Gina Marie said:
Maybe s'thing can be done about getting you the original version of that Olive, if you'd like :) if I have it...

Right now, two songs that come to mind that put me in a trance when I listen to them are Come Away With Me by Norah Jones and The Other Side-David Gray

((Gina)) I'd love that! How is the original? :combust: OMG cuz when he sings that part about "my turn to be a god" and "pour salt on your tongue" :combust: please stop!!! :scream::love:

YES Norah Jones has been repeated in my car- I have to get the new David Gray, but the old one "Sail Away" :heart:

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

For awhile there it was Darkness on the Edge of Town, it was on full blast almost everyday for a month. :drool: Especially any live versions...:combust:

I also can't stop with Electrical Storm, Dirty Day, or Neil Young's A Man Needs A Maid....I dunno, that's just what I've got in my head all the time.

Meeg, I want your cd collection, lol. :drool:

Songs that mess my head up lately:

Good Souls, Way to Fall, Tie up my Hands - Starsailor
Shiver, Everything's Not Lost - Coldplay
Hey Jupiter (Dakota Mix), Caught a Lite Sneeze, Tear in your Hand - Tori Amos
Condemnation - Depeche Mode
This is a Low - Blur

lately it's been...

radiohead - "punch up at a wedding" & "there there"

smashing pumpkins - "annie-dog" & "here's to the atom bomb"

pearl jam - "in hiding" & "low light"

badly drawn boy - "something to talk about" & "a minor incident"

doves - "cedar room"

audioslave - "cochise" & "gasoline"

you to/two/too...olive?

which version of "trying to throw your arms" got hold of you? Do you mean the Hunter's and Collector's song?"kiss u in 4 places?":drool: it.... i had it on daily loop for a while.
I must "learn to burn"... a hit selection, save all that changing CD's..(although the amp on my stereo is dying... it makes random ear-splitting crackles at the moment..musicless till it's fixed.:sad: )

The current "just can't get enough" , is a double Kasey Chambers track#6 and #7. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.( I've learned to play Runaway Train)
I still think Shakira's "Eyes' like Yours" is one of my faves this year. not because of sad lyric...it has the reverse effect. Wake up...live!!!good fun.

I don't own a radiohead CD..yet..."punch up at a wedding"teehee, must have been an Australian wedding or is that a universal way to celebrate.

I'd say "The Nullabor Song" by Kasey.

Flaming Lips - Do You Realize
the line that goes "Do you realize everyone you know someday will die?" always burns me out...it's just a weird thought

Radiohead - How I Won My Millions....just a beautiful song, and I'll be damned if the outro to Life in a Glass House isn't Radioheads most intense work EVER!

"ONLY, ONLY, ONLY , ONLY"

Gina Marie said:

Finally! Other Norah Fans! Ye-ah! (I love Come Away With Me...listening to it right now...I want to walk with you on a cloudy day in fields where the yellow grass grows knee high..)

right now:
...I'll tell you that I've had Coldplay's Amstredam on repeat for a while. Mixed with The Scientist, and I'm in heaven.

...oldie but a goodie....Fields of Gold...blows my mind

..and oasis's champangne supernova..Sarah McLachlan's Song for a Winter's Night, and PJ's I am Mine (and All those Yesterdays)

The Scientist:heart: and Green Eyes:heart: by Coldplay

Bad and Running to Stand Still and Desire and Mysterious Ways and The Ground Beneath Her Feet
by U2 :heart: :heart: :heart:

Born in the U.S.A. and Secret Garden by Bruce

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Sarah McLachlan's Song for a Winter's Night,

:shocked: :love: :drool: The_Sweetest_Thing I :heart: this song to death! How gorgeous it is!

I actually like all the songs you mentioned- Fields of Gold is my favorite Sting song!

Another one that wracked my brain for an entire summer was Depeche Mode's "Shine" :wink:

Cass- u2's Trying to throw your arms around the world is what I meant, the one from AB I used to put on repeat and listen for my hour commute. :coocoo: :bono:

oh yeah and sheryl crow's "I shall Believe" (ok pretty much her entire Tuesday Night Music Club cd when needed, I can listen to on repeat all night).

:D Olive

Re: lately it's been...

The Wanderer said:

badly drawn boy - "something to talk about" & "a minor incident"

My friends just saw them and absolutely loved the show (they've been fans for a while now).

olive...I realised my mistake after I logged off yesterday...U2 U2 u2 ...of course. ( I have Luka Bloom on the brain)

I have turned over a new leaf. The old me would have made logged-on again yesterday to correct my error...but the phone bill!!!:scream: So I had to live with it.....:sad: "pamela is trying...

very trying":eyebrow:
PEACE :wave: woman be still..OK OK!

As I mentioned in another thread...I love "Sylvia Plath" by Ryan Adams...I have it on repeat right now. I don't know what it is. The first time I heard it was when he performed it at the concert, and it just struck me. I listen to it more than any other song.

Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar and Vaka

I had to force myself to listen to something else...lol.

Melon

this deserves its own thread but I will refrain.
_______

"Daydream"

My daydream seems as one inside of you
Though it seems hard to reach through this life
Your blue and hopeless life

My daydream screams bitter 'til the end
The love I share -true- selfish to the heart
My heart, my sacred heart

My daydream dream
My daydream
My daydream dream
My daydream

I'm going crazy
I'm going crazy
I don't want feelings
Your feelings

I have gone crazy
Motherf***in' crazy
I have gone

oliveu2cm said:

:shocked: :love: :drool:
oh yeah and sheryl crow's "I shall Believe" (ok pretty much her entire Tuesday Night Music Club cd when needed, I can listen to on repeat all night).

:D Olive

:shocked:
Olive, I :heart: this song. I heard it for the FIRST time a few weeks ago, my best friend recommended it to me...and I've seriosuly listened to it EVERYDAY since then....it's beautiful
(sounds like you have great taste in music)

whoa....

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

:shocked:
Olive, I :heart: this song. I heard it for the FIRST time a few weeks ago, my best friend recommended it to me...and I've seriosuly listened to it EVERYDAY since then....it's beautiful
(sounds like you have great taste in music)

whoa....

I bet we have the same music collection! (So weird!) Next time I hear something new I dig I'll let ya know! :happy:

Originally posted by oliveu2cm
I bet we have the same music collection! (So weird!) Next time I hear something new I dig I'll let ya know!

Awesome, thanks! When I stumble across some good stuff, I'll pass it your way. :)

Back
Top Bottom