Songs that have awesome music in them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
Was listening to the radio earlier, and Joe Jackson's "Breaking Us In Two" came on. And one reason I love that song so much is because it has such neat music in it-love the sort of jazzy feel to it. The same applies to Dave Matthews' Band's "Crush" (which was also played-the 8 minute version, which was really great to hear), and to Double's "The Captain Of Her Heart".

So what songs would you guys say have great music in them?

Angela

the songs i listen to i listen to because i think the music is good. i don't give a shit about the lyrics, probably about 90% of the time.

i don't think i really understand what you mean. but it's 2:30am and i've consumed far too much sugar to really comprehend anything. plus i think that pistols/madonna thing after several hours straight of hardcore just did my brain in....

IWasBored said:
the songs i listen to i listen to because i think the music is good. i don't give a shit about the lyrics, probably about 90% of the time.

I was going to give this exact same answer, without the cursing. :wink:

Re: Re: Songs that have awesome music in them

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I love that song. I haven't heard that one in a long long time. :heart:

It's a cool song :yes:. You should give it another listen :up:. And I'll agree with "Layla", definitely-that opening guitar is a classic. Also, the Style Council's "Speak Like A Child"-the music in that song makes it so much fun to listen to.

Yeah, IWasBored, basically, I'm just asking people to list songs in which they find the music really cool-forget the lyrics, just focus on the music that the band/artist plays in the song-does it have a cool piano bit in it that makes it cool, or a great guitar riff, or whatever :). I can understand being a bit confused after your description of your present situation...sounds like you've had quite a night :p.

Angela

i'll be here all night if i start this list....

(it's been your average dull night at the computer for this nerd, actually....just too many juice boxes. i'm a nerd, i told you.)

IWasBored said:
i'll be here all night if i start this list....

(it's been your average dull night at the computer for this nerd, actually....just too many juice boxes. i'm a nerd, i told you.)

LOL. Hey, I've not really moved from this spot much tonight, either, so if that makes me a nerd as well, then so be it :).

Speaking of drinks, I should go get me a Pepsi-I'm really craving one right now.

Angela

dave matthews always have some very good music in their songs, but i really like 'stay or leave' off dave's solo album. very good!

My list is very long, but here's a handful of my favorites

Bjork - Bachlorette
Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
U2 - Acrobat, Love is Blindness, Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights
Coldplay - Politik, Clocks
Madonna - Power of Good-bye
cranberries - Linger, Zombie
Metallica - Unforgiven
Beatles - Come Together
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See
Eagles - Hotel California
Don Henley - Boys of Summer

Last edited:
Pearl said:
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

I went through a period recently where I just could not stop listening to this song. It really is awesome-my favorite part is the way the music builds up during the whole "There’s a room where the light won’t find you/Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down/When they do I’ll be right behind you". Just the way it all comes together like that is awesome.

Originally posted by Pearl
U2 - Love is Blindness, Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights
Coldplay - Clocks

Other good mentions :up:.

A couple more: Van Morrison's "Moondance", and one that I seriously cannot believe I forgot to mention earlier, the Moody Blues' "Nights In White Satin". I still stand by my belief that "Nights In White Satin" is quite possibly the most musically gorgeous song I've ever heard.

Also, another one that just came to mind: Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade Of Pale".

Angela

Of course, I couldn't forget a song like this:

Aerosmith - Dream On

Last edited:
swing, by japan. love that song! the music is so amazing. it's got all these layers to it. i honestly don't know how they managed to pull it off live as it sounds like there's about 20 different instrument parts to it.

Just having a look through iTunes...

The Beatles - Blackbird
The Clash - The Guns of Brixton
Coldplay - Clocks
Coldplay - Spies
Don McLean - Castles in the Air (the synthesizer is weird, but the rest of the music is perfect)
Don McLean - Vincent
The Doors - Light My Fire
Pink Floyd - The Gunner's Dream
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
Queen - Killer Queen
Radiohead - Knives Out
Radiohead - Where I End And You Begin
Radiohead - A Wolf at the Door
Radiohead - The National Anthem (bass and drums...drooool...)
Radiohead - In Limbo
Radiohead - Climbing up the Walls
Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Sir Psycho Sexy (the outro...guuuuh)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Venice Queen (awesome intro)
Simon & Garfunkle - Sounds of Silence
U2 - UTEOTW
U2 - The Fly
U2 - Acrobat
U2 - City of Blinding Lights
U2 - Gloria
U2 - Rejoice (Larry's solo....unnnhgh)
U2 - Boomerang II (AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME INTRO!)
U2 - Exit
U2 - Wire
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
U2 - Like a Song
U2 - Lemon
U2 - Levitate

Okay, so Levitate was an odd choice...but I only realised yesterday how awesome Adam sounds before the "To be the bee, to be the bee and the flower" part. If you have not already done so, do yourself a favour and listen to that through headphones, not computer speakers. It is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom