Songs that flat out suck but still get played on the radio for some reason!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay, I try my best not to listen to the radio. But when it's slow at work and I want something in the background, I can't help but turn it on cos I don't have speakers so I can't play any CDs. But when songs like the following get played on a regular basis, I have to go :banghead:

Urgent - Foreigner :barf:

Any song by Bad Company :yawn:fest

Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band :zzz: Boring would be an understatement I think.

If I Had A Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies: This one just flat out annoys me.

Aerosmith's Dream On, Zeppelin's D'yer M'aker, Clapton's Layla... endless boring classic rock :crack:

The thing is why are these even being played on a repeated basis? Where's the appeal in these songs? I just don't see it!

:rant: Rant over. lol.

Sublime-Santeria that song is old and it sucked to begin with and they play it every damn day. I'm emailing KROQ :angry:

the lyrics are :sick:".. If I could find that heina and that sancho that she'd found
Well I'd pop a cap in sancho and I'd slap her down"

Stairway to Heaven
Creed
Bad Company
ONE Talking Heads song, when there are so many BETTER ones
James Blunt
et cetera

Bonos_Lemon said:
Nickelback is on the radio all time :yuck:

OMG how could i forget! They are my number 1 most hatedest band of all time:madspit: got they suck and he's ugly:barf:

:wink:

A couple more...

I Heard It Thru The Grapevine - CCR.... :snooze:

Rock n Roll All Night And Party Everyday - Kiss :yuck:

Re: Re: Songs that flat out suck but still get played on the radio for some reason!

the rockin edge said:

and they play the odd good song so many times that you get sick of it.

That's true. Like right now, Jack FM here is playing The Stones' Sympathy For The Devil for the 9843756584936th time! Why??? :banghead:

Those woo woo's annoy the shit outta me.

#1 = Nickleback :barf:

Rob Thomas/ Matchbox 20
Daniel Powter
also, I think The Fray will be the next one

the rockin edge said:

i'm confused, do you like "sympathy.." or not? :shifty:

Never been a huge fan of that song. I know it's not a bad song but it bores me to death... maybe cos it's so damn overplayed on classic rock radio! :mad:

SunBloc said:

also, I think The Fray will be the next one

The Fray sucks.

They play Avenged Sevenfold a lot here and they're complete trash. Songs by Sublime get played a lot too, and they're terrible. I'm thinking more of bands that get constant play, but yeah, those come to mind.

I don't listen to 102.1, our alternative station, anymore anyway. Either it's gone way downhill or my tastes have really changed. It's probably a combination of both

Re: Re: Songs that flat out suck but still get played on the radio for some reason!

the rockin edge said:

i like Layla.

that fact is most radio sucks, they play lots of shit music and they play the odd good song so many times that you get sick of it. i haven't listened to any radio for years. literally.

:up:

Whenever I put on the radio in the car I end up channel hopping so much that I just turn it off and sit in silence the rest of the drive.
That's only when I don't have my iPod with me, naturally. ;)

Uhh, this might also explain why I'm so distant from modern music today too :uhoh:.
It has it's drawbacks. :/

Re: Re: Re: Songs that flat out suck but still get played on the radio for some reaso

PlaTheGreat said:

:up:

Whenever I put on the radio in the car I end up channel hopping so much that I just turn it off and sit in silence the rest of the drive.
That's only when I don't have my iPod with me, naturally. ;)

i always have my iPod with my in the car.:sexywink:

Zootlesque said:

Never been a huge fan of that song. I know it's not a bad song but it bores me to death... maybe cos it's so damn overplayed on classic rock radio! :mad:

radio has ruined many songs for you. you really need to stop listening to it. :tsk:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

One of the few Aerosmith songs I actually like.

word, me too

radio pretty much sucks

and don't even get me started on the rap they play on the radio. Bubba Sparxx? The hell? Terrible.

When I lived in Evansville our local "alternative rock" station would play some "classics" too, and they always played that Cat Scratch Fever song... :yuck: i HATE that song

I don't get why radio stations don't have more varied playlists, like even stations that play a mix of modern and old always play the same 5 new songs and the same 5 old songs... like there are so many songs out there you could play, why play the same ones over and over :huh:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

One of the few Aerosmith songs I actually like.

Oops, dunno how I missed your post. Yeah I agree actually. I liked the song the first few times I heard it. But after the 94857594th time, it just gets to your brain. :crazy: Dream On is quite probably the #1 most ridiculously overplayed song on NY's 104.3. I've completely stopped listening to that station cos of all the same songs they keep playing over and over again. :crack: There are so many untapped resources that they never even touch like Pink Floyd's discography before Dark Side, for instance. Why??? :huh:

Thank God for B&C. Or else I would have continued to rely on the radio for discovering new music. :crack:

Also, Canadiens mentioned Stairway. Surprisingly, it hardly gets played over here on the radio. On the other hand, that Talking Heads song Once In A Lifetime... :crazy: I don't know any other TH song cos they don't play anything else.

Tre is right. The radio has ruined many good songs for me. But for many years, it was the primary route to discover new music! :shrug:

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:
you aren't gonna discover new bands listening to classic rock radio.:tsk:

I know! I didn't just listen to classic rock radio. But nevertheless, even the contemporary and alternative rock stations for the most part play the same shit over and over again.

Actually it's funny. The classic rock station here plays new songs by classic bands all the time. They played Beautiful Day all the time in 2000/2001 and they play COBL now. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom