Songs that are over played

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Evanescense- Save Me: i can't stand this song

I think you mean "Bring Me To Life".

Unless there is an Evanescence song called "Save Me" that I haven't heard yet.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
The Atari's version of Boys of Summer.

I was surprised when I heard their cover of this song. I remember sitting there going: :eyebrow:.

That being said, I've only heard their cover once.

Let's see:

-Unwell-Matchbox 20 (I swear to god, if I hear that song one more time...)
-Calling All Angels-Train (I really hate this song...)
-Intuition-Jewel (it was okay when I first heard it...but now...:crack:...)

Those are the three that, when I listen to the radio, get played zillions of times.

But I either don't hear a lot of those other songs you all mentioned, or if I have, it's only been once or twice.

A lot of the songs you guys mentioned-their videos are being played two, three times a night on VH1 when I'm watching videos-so for a lot of those songs...I love the songs themselves, I'm just getting sick of the videos, 'cause a lot of those songs' videos are kinda boring.

Angela

Re: Re: Songs that are over played

Moonlit_Angel said:

I think you mean "Bring Me To Life".

Unless there is an Evanescence song called "Save Me" that I haven't heard yet.

i guess that is what i meant. i have no idea what the name of that song is. all i know is that i never liked it and it is played way too much on the radio. :down:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

That Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow song is terrible! and yes Avril and all of her songs need to be dumped from rotation. add Michelle Branch and Norah Jones to the overplayed list.

Yes, Avril's songs get played at least once an hour. I also agree with the Matchbox Twenty and Train :| :censored:

IWasBored said:
stacey's mom :down: i agree. too bad, i liked fountains of wayne. i don't really want to end up hating them all cos of that one song. it was interesting when they did that britney spears song...

I listened to the album last night (Interstate Managers or whatever it is called). It wasn't toooo bad. Thankfully NOTHING like Stacey's Mom. They have a song on the album named after the twon I grew up in :ohmy: - They must be from New Jersey.

I have not heard of any of these songs, but I would say all the Radiohead stuff is way overplayed...

Don't listen to the radion much, but I have to say .Clocks. I love it.. favourite song on the album, but enough is enough.. i resent it whenever I hear it on the radio.

the way i see it is that if i hardly listen to the radio, but there are songs i hear plenty on the rare occasions i do listen, then they must be overplayed. brilliant logical deduction, right?

chevelle--send the pain below. just send it already--punch poor pete in the gut or something, i don't want to hear the song again. and that makes me kind of sad cos i did enjoy it the first few times i heard it, which is a rare thing for me to do (enjoy a song in that particular genre of music)

NEW GUSTER!!! AUAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!! if i turn on the radio and hear "amsterdam" one more time i'll go crazy! it's not even a great song...they've written better...

that and the "cos i'm young and i'm hopeless" song...

:deathsmiley:

the only thing i can seem to listen to on the radion anymore is NPR - and thats for news. I cannot even recall the last time I listened to the radio. All the songs mentioned here are the reason

i can't stand NPR :| something about listening to people talk in a monotone voice...drives me insane

NPR is good to relax to after a stressful day in the office.

Blur's: Girls and Boys was a favorite song of mine a few years back.

I just heard the new Guster song yesterday on MTV Hits. I liked it. i am not sure if they are playing it on the radio down here at least not yet. I was happy to see their video yesterday. :up: they are nice guys and were fun to exchange e-mail with back in the day.

npr actually stresses me out. i don't know, i can't handle hearing people talk in the morning. i can't turn on the lights, i can't talk to anyone until i'm thouroughly awake. and i'm usually not awake until i leave the house. i can do music, i can listen to a cd in the morning, but not to people talking

i'm weird. that's all.

Back
Top Bottom