Songs that are currently blowing you away.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Just saw this type of thread on atease. It's a cool idea. Just post any specific songs that you are listening to or have been recently that really hit you. Songs that really blow your mind or dig right into your heart.

Currently for me:

"My Body is a Cage" - Arcade Fire

The organ in this thing is massive, and it hits me hard everytime I hear that climax. What a way to end an album.

"At Least That's What You Said" - Wilco

A couple minutes of quiet reflection followed by several more of visceral beautiful guitar orgasm. And the several live versions I've heard take it to new hights still.

"Incident on 57th Street" - Bruce Springsteen

Maybe my favorite song on my favorite album, this song proves Bruce is a master storyteller. In this case, it's a glorious romantic love story...his forte.

Anything from Stevie Wonder's Innervisions album.

Too High :drool:
Golden Lady :combust:
Higher Ground :yes:
Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing :up:

Modest Mouse - Little Motel

The song has saved my life the past two days.

Nearly anything from the Raconteurs album.

Muse - Ruled By Secrecy
Kasabian - Shoot The Runner
Metric - Patriarch on a Vespa
Evanescence - All That I'm Living For (Specially the acoustic AOL Sessions version)
Pink Floyd - Sheep

Pop Art Toasters - Everyone's Gonna Wonder
Two of New Zealand's greatest musicians, Martin Phillipps (a musical idol of mine) and David Kilgour, covering a song by my own uncle's band? HELL YEAH.

Sculptured - Together With The Seasons
The opening riff is awesome; great dissonant avant-death metal song in general.

Sculptured - Almond Beauty
Not quite as avant garde as Together With The Seasons, but it has a great mix of death and clean vocals.

Agalloch - In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion
Great lengthy atmospheric metal track with some evocative lyrics.

Cynic - How Could I?
The 2004 remaster of this song abso-fucking-lutely SLAYS. The intro is fantastic and the rest is a technical jazzy death metal classic.

The Winner Is - DeVotchka
Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros

I could listen to this playlist on repeat for hours :drool:

Axver said:
Pop Art Toasters - Everyone's Gonna Wonder
Two of New Zealand's greatest musicians, Martin Phillipps (a musical idol of mine) and David Kilgour, covering a song by my own uncle's band? HELL YEAH.

Didya know that if you google "Everyone's Gonna Wonder" the first thing that appears is your livejournal?? There you go! :wink: What a great story though, Axver! :up:

as for me, Replacements "Left of the Dial" is my song of the week :drool:

Northern Lights - Ian Brown
Let It Slide - Keane
Long Walk Back - Rembrandts
LDN - Lily Allen
Empire - Kasabian

Knocked Up - Kings of leon

Moonage Daydream - David Bowie

One Tree Hill, Exit, Mothers Of The Dissapeared - U2
I forgot how good the closing trio from the JT are. Vastly underappreciated.

Elbow - the entire 'Leaders of the Free World' album. Knocking my socks off. :combust:

REM: What's The Frequency Kenneth?
Alanis Morissette: Simple Together

'bout this last one, I usually don't like love-painful songs, but I love this one since a friend of mine sent it to me...:drool:

Great thread! I was contemplating starting a thread for people to talk about random songs they love. The other week I was in the cafeteria at work, and Tears For Fears "Sowing the Seeds of Love" came on. I had one of those "oh man, I LOVE this song!" moments.

Dixie Chicks - Long Time Gone
Lily Allen - Smile
The Shins - Phantom Limb

Muse: Micro Cuts - I fell in love with this song all over again a couple of weeks ago and I listen to it a lot...

Arcade Fire: My Body Is A Cage - My favourite song of the new album... it's just fantastic.

Blur: Universal - I'm getting into Blur again. This song was my favourite some years ago when I was crazy about them. Now that I'm listening to Blur again, I guess it's still my favourite.

U2: The Unforgetable Fire - sometimes I get into this song, then I forget about it for some months and then it comes back... Well, it's back now :wink:

Belle & Sebastian: Fox In The Snow - I discovered this song a couple of weeks ago... It's just beautiful, you have to listen to it.

Ryan Adams - entire Jacksonville City Nights album
recently rediscovered thanks to shuffle mode, i forgot how amazing the entire album is, i definitely appreciate it much more this time around. Ryan Adams is such a genius :love:

Devendra Banhart- Dogs They Make Up The Dark
I love this hippie folkie a lot, his music always has a very organic sound to it that I much appreciate.

Arcade Fire - Windowsill
:drool: simply amazing, I love how it builds up, very moving

Nina Simone - Just In Time
a soft, velvety song

Bruce Springsteen - Santa Ana
The entire Greetings/E St Shuffle era is definitely my favorite Bruce. I love this very nonsensical song, it always makes me feel as if I'm in a train going somewhere new..for some reason.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Satan Said Dance
makes me want to break out my dancing shoes

Damien Rice - Animals
everything about Damien Rice's music is gold, this song has been on my playlist for sometime with no sign of wanting to leave

Rufus Wainwright - Peach Trees
I always forget how much I like Rufus until I finally hear his songs again, this has been my favorite recently.

Wilco - Handshake Drugs & Spiders
i don't really know what it is about Wilco & Jeff Tweedy that I love so much. their music, no matter how many repeated listens, never gets old, it actually gets more exciting. that's a good enough reason to like them, right?

Last edited:
1stepcloser said:
Knocked Up - Kings of leon

Moonage Daydream - David Bowie

One Tree Hill, Exit, Mothers Of The Dissapeared - U2
I forgot how good the closing trio from the JT are. Vastly underappreciated.

I love Kings of Leon, but I've never heard "Knocked Up". What is it?

The OOTS said:

The new Kings of Leon album is fabulous. My favorite of the year so far. An excellent ROCK record. Knocked Up is great 7 minute opener.

Where did you hear the new Kings of Leon album? I liove them, but I haven't really heard much about it...

annie_vox said:

Arcade Fire: My Body Is A Cage - My favourite song of the new album... it's just fantastic.

Ok, I know I'm really showing my lameness here but . . . . . is the new Arcade Fire album out? I see everyone talking about it, but I didn't think it came out for another month or so.

My current favorite, how did I even exist before this song is:

Beck - "The Golden Age"

Why did I never know of this awesomeness before!?!?!?

FitzChivalry said:

Ok, I know I'm really showing my lameness here but . . . . . is the new Arcade Fire album out? I see everyone talking about it, but I didn't think it came out for another month or so./B]

You're Right.

Its not out officially yet, It leaked about 2-3 weeks ago? - It comes out on the 6th of March, I believe.

"What do you mean? Where is it?"

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, kid. It ain't there. It's been totally blown away."

Canadiens1160 said:
"What do you mean? Where is it?"

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, kid. It ain't there. It's been totally blown away."

"Destroyed...by the Empire!"

"The entire starfleet couldn't destroy the whole planet. It'd take
a thousand ships with more fire power than I've..."

Current songs blowing my mind:

Upward Over The Mountian - Iron and Wine
Don't Panic (The Blue Room EP version) - Coldplay
Lust - Tori Amos
Tulsa Queen - Emmylou Harris

LemonMelon said:
Anything from Stevie Wonder's Innervisions album.

Too High :drool:
Golden Lady :combust:
Higher Ground :yes:
Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing :up:

I was actually listening to this the other day. Probably his best album.

In fact, that whole 70's period of his, from Talking Book to Hotter Than July, was an incredible stretch of music for him. Too bad he turned all sappy after that.

Agnus Dei by Rufus Wainwright.

If you listen to this song and don't get chills when the strings kick in, I don't think you're human.

Three songs at the moment are on heavy repeat:

Stuck Between Stations - The Hold Steady [from Boys and Girls in America]

Mano Dayak - Tinariwen [from Aman Iman: Water Is Life]

Videotape - Thom Yorke [from From the Basement]

elevation2u said:
Ryan Adams - entire Jacksonville City Nights album
recently rediscovered thanks to shuffle mode, i forgot how amazing the entire album is, i definitely appreciate it much more this time around. Ryan Adams is such a genius :love:

One of my favourites of Ryan Adams - an eminently listenable album, particularly Hardest Part.

Back
Top Bottom