Songs I don't understand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
This is embarassing...My sister had to explain the story behind "Brick" by Ben Folds Five when it came out.
Yes, that was maybe 8 years ago and she is my younger sister.
What's the story behind "The Freshman" by the Verve Pipe?
I know there's other songs I need explanations for...but I can't remember them right now..
Thanks

A radio station had a call-in asking people to exaplin what the line "Stop a baby's breath and a shoe full of rice" meant and I can't remember it now. Hopefully someone can reply and explain lol. I think it had something to do with a tradition...kinda like the whole song of being young and stupid ie, freshman years and not being held accountable for decisions and actions and how we look back with regret knowing we could have been smarter but we never do at the time, for reasons unexplained. This might be wrong, I'm sure there are Verve Pipe fans who will know for sure but I always thought it was about how we let our youth and inexperience and so on ease guilt over mistakes we make.

This song always puts me in a sad mood though. I forgot it existed, but do like it a lot.

no clue...i always assumed it had something to do with getting married really young because the girl got pregnant

i liked their song "hero" though...but that was a few years ago, and most of the stuff i liked then i've recently decided to be crap.

Back
Top Bottom