Songs everyone should hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone should hear:

Floaty- Foo Fighters

Jesus Don't Want Me For a Sunbeam- Nirvana

Or just any Foo Fighters or Nirvana songs

DiGi said:

you know i am going to go put that on right now and then i am going to listen to every other song on that album

I like the way you think DiGi :up:

I'm not going to go through this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned Toxic by Britney Spears?

That's a must :lmao:

...I wish I could say I was kidding, but it's my newest guilty pleasure.

Tom in Boston said:
I'm not going to go through this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned Toxic by Britney Spears?

That's a must :lmao:

...I wish I could say I was kidding, but it's my newest guilty pleasure.

I bet its just cause you like the film clip, right- its great to know that Britneys sex/image/marketing is working :wink:

bouncing souls--kids & heroes

and 'gone'

and '...

the souls rule. they just rule.

'I'm Not Afraid', 'Fair', 'Life In Rain'-Remy Zero
'The Cage', 'Love Will Come Through'-Travis
and my favourite REM songs at the moment are 'Half A World Away' and 'Nightswimming'.

Probably nothing new to you, but yes, these are songs everyone should hear. :up: Great thread, by the way.

SkeeK said:
Lamb - Gorecki

... on the highest of high quality sound systems you can find. This song gets better and better as you listen to it on better equipment. A company I used to work for had a $70,000 sound system in their boardroom (well, it was a record company) and on it, you get completely swallowed by Gorecki.

"Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" - The Smiths

"Everybody Hurts" - R.E.M.

"Do You Realize??" - The Flaming Lips

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division

"Hurt" - Johnny Cash

"Pyramid Song" - Radiohead

"How To Disappear Completely" - Radiohead

"Long And Winding Road" - The Beatles

Super Furry Animals - Long Gone
Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Maps
The Mars Volta - Cicatriz ESP

DiGi said:

In addition to mofo and myself I can think of a few others who are going to give you big ups for the above statement. did i really just type the words big ups?

:up: :up:

:wink: big ups:lol:

It's just damn good music. The Idlewild boys are actually finishing writing their next album not that far from me........... I would go visit but then I'd be crossing the fan/stalker line.

Ooooh- "Maps"- The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
How could I have forgotten this, so beautiful.

Also "Thank You Jack White For The Fibre-optic Jesus That You Gave Me" by the Flaming Lips. It can't not make you :)

smooshcat said:

It's just damn good music. The Idlewild boys are actually finishing writing their next album not that far from me........... I would go visit but then I'd be crossing the fan/stalker line.

You should do it! Crossing the line into scary stalker fan territory gets easier every time you do it. Until the restraining order is issued, because those things are hard to work around. ;)

meegannie said:

You should do it! Crossing the line into scary stalker fan territory gets easier every time you do it. Until the restraining order is issued, because those things are hard to work around. ;)

:laugh: You sound like you know way too much on this subject.....:wink:

I am kinda tempted..... but I'm pretty broke too. And they are out in the middle of nowhere(ish).

But if there's a song bout scary stalkers on the next album -you'll know who inspired it.:lol:

barenaked ladies--war on drugs

i probably mentioned this last week

still...you all must hear it. forget that it's bnl for a minute and just listen to it.

I have just noticed that yes I have There Is A Light by The Smiths (I have The Smiths - Singles album)... and yes... it's a cover :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom