Song(s) You're Currently Obsessed With

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Are there any you can't stop listening to these days?

Mine are

Free Bird-Lynyrd Skynyrd (that guitar solo..:drool: :rockon: )

Somewhere Only We Know-Keane

Baba O-Riley-The Who

Breathe (2 AM)-Anna Nalick

Live Forever-Oasis

Outkast - Bombs Over Baghdad

Kylie Minogue with Bono - Kids (live)

Madonna - Forbidden Love

corianderstem said:
Outkast - Bombs Over Baghdad

Madonna - Forbidden Love

Madonna...:drool: :love: :bow:

Which "Forbidden Love"? The "Bedtime Stories" one, or the "Confessions" one? I love them both dearly. It's amazing how different they are in terms of lyrics, music and vocals but they are gorgeous songs.

U2isthebest said:
Which "Forbidden Love"? The "Bedtime Stories" one, or the "Confessions" one? I love them both dearly. It's amazing how different they are in terms of lyrics, music and vocals but they are gorgeous songs.

The one on Confessions. I don't have Bedtime Stories anymore and had forgotten there was a "Forbidden Love" on that one!

I'm completely enamored of the entire Confessions album. It's soooo good.

corianderstem said:

The one on Confessions. I don't have Bedtime Stories anymore and had forgotten there was a "Forbidden Love" on that one!

I'm completely enamored of the entire Confessions album. It's soooo good.

I agree!! It may not seem to be as deep as "Ray of Light", "Like A Prayer", "American Life" or "Erotica" (which is vastly underrated, IMO. It's about so much more than sex) Anyway, she was able to take spiritual themes, themes about the trappings of fame, even love on a deeper level and put them to music that can't help but make you happy. I love it! It's really a throwback to "Madonna", the first album, to me because it just makes you want to dance from start to finish.

U2isthebest said:
"Erotica" (which is vastly underrated, IMO. It's about so much more than sex)

That's the second comment saying Erotica was underrated. that I've read here this week! Maybe I'll have to check it out again. I just remember not liking the songs. I don't care for "Bad Girl," "Fever" or the title track. "Deeper and Deeper" is the only one I remember really liking.

I do remember thinking Bedtime Stories was a good record.

corianderstem said:

That's the second comment saying Erotica was underrated. that I've read here this week! Maybe I'll have to check it out again. I just remember not liking the songs. I don't care for "Bad Girl," "Fever" or the title track. "Deeper and Deeper" is the only one I remember really liking.

I do remember thinking Bedtime Stories was a good record.

"Bad Girl" is one of my favs. actually. The only songs I don't care for on it are "Deeper and Deeper", and "Where Life Begins"
"Secret Garden" is brilliant. "In This Life" about some of her friends who have died from AIDS is heart-breaking. I love "Thief of Hearts" about a back-stabbing woman. "Waiting" is good too. "Why's It So Hard" is lovely too, about accepting and tolerating differences. It's a much more brilliant piece of work than it gets credit for. I feel the same way about "Bedtime Stories" too.

The Beatles--Eleanor Rigby
Emmylou Harris--Where Will I Be
Gorillaz--DARE
The Pixies--Cactus
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Wilco--Ashes of American Flags
at least half of the new Modest Mouse album

The Clash - Radio Clash (heard the end of this as I got in the car a few nights ago & can't get it out of my head now!)

Where the Stars Go Blue - The Corrs w/Bono (only because I just heard the original Ryan Adams version for the first time in the gym Saturday :huh: )

And for the big finale, I'm obsessed with all 11 songs on a new CD I just heard this weekend. The CD's called 'Two Shoes' from a band out of Melbourne, AU named 'The Cat Empire'. It's such a funky, ecclectic, grooving collection of songs - I can't wait to get my own copy. :shifty: Or borrow my neighbors & burn a copy. :shh:

corianderstem said:

Madonna - Forbidden Love

Yeah, which of the "Forbidden Love"'s?
The "Bedtime Stories" or the "Confessions" one?
The BS one I like a lot, but the Confessions is one of my least favourites on the album.

Bono singing that song with Kylie is very bad. I find Bono's very weak.

REM- What's the frequency, Kenneth?
U2 - I will follow (Milano)
Oasis - Put yer money where yer mouth is
David Bowie - Ashes to ashes
Alanis Morissette - Simple Together

Arcade Fire - (Antichrist Television Blues)

I really can't get enough of it right now.

Aygo said:

Yeah, which of the "Forbidden Love"'s?
The "Bedtime Stories" or the "Confessions" one?
The BS one I like a lot, but the Confessions is one of my least favourites on the album.

She said it was the "Confessions" one. I absolutely adore it too! It's one of my favs. on the album. I love the "BS" one just as much though. It's got a gorgeous R&B sexy vibe. I see from your profile that you're a huge Madonna fan too. It's great to meet you! I'm Brittany.:hug:

Aygo said:

Ooh, I think he sounds hawt.

And yeah, it's the "Forbidden Love" from Confessions. I see our Madonna paths are diverging. :wink:

U2isthebest said:

She said it was the "Confessions" one. I absolutely adore it too! It's one of my favs. on the album. I love the "BS" one just as much though. It's got a gorgeous R&B sexy vibe. I see from your profile that you're a huge Madonna fan too. It's great to meet you! I'm Brittany.:hug:

I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but I appreciate her work and when I was in College I had to work about her image/career/icon status and it helped me to learn bit more bout her. Plus, she performed in Lisbon in 2004 for the 1st time and it left me impressed, I started to bye her album because it left me curious.

I didn't say I don't like Confessions "Forbidden Love", I think the album is perfect as it is, it's just one of my least favourites in the tracklist.
The Bedtime Stories one is just great, in fact, the album is great too, the only thing I'd change was too add "Your Honesty" (an outtake available in a 2003 EP) to the tracklist, I love that song.:drool: :drool: :drool:

Aygo said:

I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but I appreciate her work and when I was in College I had to work about her image/career/icon status and it helped me to learn bit more bout her. Plus, she performed in Lisbon in 2004 for the 1st time and it left me impressed, I started to bye her album because it left me curious.

I didn't say I don't like Confessions "Forbidden Love", I think the album is perfect as it is, it's just one of my least favourites in the tracklist.
The Bedtime Stories one is just great, in fact, the album is great too, the only thing I'd change was too add "Your Honesty" (an outtake available in a 2003 EP) to the tracklist, I love that song.:drool: :drool: :drool:

"Your Honesty" is amazing! I was disappointed that it wasn't on there too. Also, have you heard "Let Down Your Guard"? That's a hot one from the "BS" sessions too. My fav. unreleased Madonna song is 'Like A Flower' from the "Ray of Light" sessions. It was originally supposed to be the title track. Beautiful music, Beautiful lyrics, and beautiful vocals.:drool:

corianderstem said:
I've never heard that "Like a Flower". Is it available anywhere? I'd love to hear it!
"Like A Flower" is available on P2P's...
You'll find other Ray Of Light outtakes like "Gone Gone Gone" (not to mix with the great "Gone" from Music), "Revenge" and demos of "Drowned World / Substitute For Love".
But "Like A Flower" is the best one. It should've been better worked and indluded in the final tracklist of Ray Of Light.

U2isthebest said:

"Your Honesty" is amazing! I was disappointed that it wasn't on there too. Also, have you heard "Let Down Your Guard"? That's a hot one from the "BS" sessions too. My fav. unreleased Madonna song is 'Like A Flower' from the "Ray of Light" sessions. It was originally supposed to be the title track. Beautiful music, Beautiful lyrics, and beautiful vocals.:drool:

"Let Down Your Guard" is not on my favs, is right kept as a b-side.

One I truly loooove is "The Beast Within" (Justify My Love remix), it's so fuckin' great!...

Aygo said:
"Like A Flower" is available on P2P's...
You'll find other Ray Of Light outtakes like "Gone Gone Gone" (not to mix with the great "Gone" from Music), "Revenge" and demos of "Drowned World / Substitute For Love".
But "Like A Flower" is the best one. It should've been better worked and indluded in the final tracklist of Ray Of Light.

I agree! I hated "Shanti/Ashtangi", and I wish "LAF" would have been included instead. I have "Gone, Gone, Gone" and "Revenge" too, if you'd like them coria.

"Gone" is an amazing song. She sounds amazing with just the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom