Song(s) You're Currently Obsessed With

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:

I agree! I hated "Shanti/Ashtangi", and I wish "LAF" would have been included instead. I have "Gone, Gone, Gone" and "Revenge" too, if you'd like them coria.

"Gone" is an amazing song. She sounds amazing with just the guitar.

I like "Shanti/Ashtangi", sounds totally different, but matches perfectly with the album overall.
"Revenge" and "Gone Gone Gone", glad they never saw the light of the day, they're interesting but bad, IMO.

By the way, I have a very rare unreleased Madonna track from the late 70s or early 80s called "Laugh To Keep From Crying" I absolutely :love: it. It has a complete rock vibe, and doesn't sound like the Madonna we know at all. Her voice is very remiscent of Patti Smith, or Janis Joplin in it. Everytime I listen to it I always wonder what rock-chick Madonna would've been like. It's an unknown treasure to me, if either of you would like it, let me know. Coria, "Revenge" and "Like A Flower" links should be in your inbox. I'm going to upload "Gone, Gone, Gone" now let me know if you want the song I mentioned in this post.

U2isthebest said:
By the way, I have a very rare unreleased Madonna track from the late 70s or early 80s called "Laugh To Keep From Crying" I absolutely :love: it. It has a complete rock vibe, and doesn't sound like the Madonna we know at all. Her voice is very remiscent of Patti Smith, or Janis Joplin in it. Everytime I listen to it I always wonder what rock-chick Madonna would've been like. It's an unknown treasure to me, if either of you would like it, let me know. Coria, "Revenge" and "Like A Flower" links should be in your inbox. I'm going to upload "Gone, Gone, Gone" now let me know if you want the song I mentioned in this post.
Those songs are early 80's (impossible to be late 70's) and probably belong to the time she belonged to bands such as The Breakfast Club, or so.
But the was not lead vocals many time, I think she was drummer, mainly.

U2isthebest, I did get your emails last night - thank you so much! I haven't listened to them yet but will do so very soon.

I'm good with those - I don't know that I'm interested in that early song. Thanks, though! :)

corianderstem said:
U2isthebest, I did get your emails last night - thank you so much! I haven't listened to them yet but will do so very soon.

I'm good with those - I don't know that I'm interested in that early song. Thanks, though! :)

No problem! And just call me Brittany, btw. Enjoy the songs!

another one I should have included is "Cruz" by Christina Aguilera. I feel like that song was written for me the day I left for college even though she wrote it 4 years ago, and has no idea who I am:wink: It's an amazing little known Christina song though

Arcade Fire - Black Wave/Bad Vibrations

I'm diggin all of Neon Bible right now though, but esp. this one.

U2inUtah said:
Arcade Fire - Black Wave/Bad Vibrations

:drool: I can't wait to pick up the album. Even with the crap version I have, it still sounds great.

I'm really loving Thom Yorke's Harrowdown Hill all over again. For some reason, I've never played it in the car before this week. As I was blasting it, and listening repeatedly to the guitar at the end, I came to a crystal-clear conclusion: it was overwhelmingly the best song of 2006.

You've got the love - The source feat. candi statton

I always go through phazes of liking songs quite a few years old and usually from tv programs. This was on the last sex and the city special and when I heard it on there I downloaded it - and only recently have I listened to it. It rocks.

Intervention- an extremely infectious song

While My Guitar Gently Weeps [Love Version]- simply majestic

Flower Child- fatuous but really a lot of fun

The Beatles - Being the Benefit of Mr. Kite/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter from the LOVE album.

No Cars Go(Neon Bible version) and My Body is a Cage—Arcade Fire

I decided on a whim to buy Albert Hammond Jr.'s debut album simply because it contained Beach Clip 409, or as he calls it "In Transit" (personally, I prefer Beach Clip 409:wink: ) Anyway, I love that song and it's been on repeat all day!

Midlake - Roscoe

A great song, but I love it particularly for the lines:

Whenever I was a child/
I wonder what if my name had changed/
Into something more productive/
Like Roscoe been born in 1891/
Waiting with my aunt Roslein

Back
Top Bottom