Song of the Day/Michael Hutchence appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Song of the Day/Michael Huthence appreciation thread

I was reading the EYKIW post about song intros, and I then thought about Michael Hutchence dying right before the Mexico City PopMart show, and it's subsequent influence over the tone on many of the songs. Just wanted to say that INXS were fucking brilliant, and today's song of the day is "Never Tear Us Apart." The "I told you we could fly" verse is particularly saddening in light of his apparent suicide. :sad:

"Never Tear Us Apart"
INXS

Don't ask me
What you know is true
Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart

[off-topic::confused: :confused: I appologize. I was at Pleba and don't know how I got here. Apparently my computer has gone mad and shut itself down, after posting here…]

But I really love that song...

Last edited:
This is not Pleba, nor is it IO. Let's stay on topic. If you have pictures of Michael Hutchence in straw hats, that's permissable.

:sexywink:

I have the cutest picture of Bono and Michael Hutchence on my cubicle wall but I can't remember where I got it from, probably some fan site that no longer exists. INXS was such a fantastic band and Michael Hutchence a tremendous front man, songwriter, singer, the whole nine. That group is so terribly underrated, which is so unfortunate.

3645325b.jpg
5c08a02b.jpg

Bono, Helena and Michael

7d0e2a46.jpg
87beda97.jpg

Michael at Popmart's stage screen

Last edited:
Not sad, tragic actually.
U2 paid him such a beautiful homage on that show. It’s scary looking at that screen (Bono does look down).
They were one of my favourite bands in the 80’s, and I still listen to their “Live Baby Live”. Michael had a beautiful and powerful voice.
daebb61f.jpg

Never Tear Us Apart has one of the greatest vocal performances ever. Way too soulful for a rock song.

I burned through about 3 cassettes of "Kick" before CDs became affordable (& available) to me. To this day, it's one of the few albums outside of anything by U2 that I'd run back into a burning building to save - that LP will ALWAYS be in my collection.

And it definately is tragic that he chose to leave us so soon - I still think he had a lot of wonderful music to bring to the world. :sad:

INXS was the first big gig I ever went to (that I can remember, my mum and dad dragged me to the Stray Cats when I was 4 years old and to a Queen gig when I was 6, but I can't remember them). I was 12 years old and I loved them to death. Still love them today...

Back
Top Bottom