Song Obsession?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 wise:

Bad
Desire
MW
ISHFWILF

other:

Could you be loved and 3 little birds - Bob Marley
The Scientist and Green Eyes- Coldplay
Factory Girl - Chieftans feat Sinead O'Connor
I know my love- Chieftans feat The Corrs

I for some reason must listen to all the above songs at least like 4 times in a day LOL!

A Rush of Blood to the Head & Amsterdam by Coldplay.

Then there is Cry Me A River by an artist who will remain nameless, but that's for Zoo Confessionals anyway. :wave:

MY current obsession....Green Eyes by Coldplay

actually anything by Coldplay at the moment !!

Babylon & Babylon II by David Gray. Yea, I know, I should be trying to get into his other stuff, but I just downloaded it the other day having never heard it before and that it was supposed to be pretty good and I've listened to it like 20 times a day since. I guess I'll probably tire of it and start listening to his other stuff, which is probably better. I'm a shallow charlatan. :D

Ooh, speaking of Charlatans...nah, haven't been listening to the Charlatans lately. *plays North Country Boy*. Ah, that's better.

And also Motorcycle Emptiness by the Manic Street Preachers. Other than the rather incomprehensible lyrics, the song is pretty near perfect for me. I've been rediscovering it lately.

electrical storm.. the one on the bside disc :|
norah jones - come away with me (I can only listen to her when I'm in a certain mood though :tongue: )
john mayer - ybiaw
fleetwood mac - gypsy & everywhere
bruce - badlands
edited to add hold me thrill me kiss me kill me :drool:

Last edited:
'Tender' by Blur. That song is so incredibly uplifting. It's like, no matter how many times you've been hurt by love, listen to that song and you'll want to fall in love all over again.

I have for a long time been obsessed with two songs and am aways on the look for covers of them:

"Wild Horses" ~Rolling Stones
"Hallelujah" ~Leonard Cohen

Does anyone have any version I'm not aware of?!! :crack:

MonaVox said:
I have for a long time been obsessed with two songs and am aways on the look for covers of them:

"Wild Horses" ~Rolling Stones
"Hallelujah" ~Leonard Cohen

Does anyone have any version I'm not aware of?!! :crack:
Have you heard the Sunday's version of 'Wild Horses'? It's really good. Also, I'm sure it's a given you know about Jeff Buckley's version of 'Hallelujah'.

Michael Griffiths said:

Have you heard the Sunday's version of 'Wild Horses'? It's really good. Also, I'm sure it's a given you know about Jeff Buckley's version of 'Hallelujah'.

:sexywink: Already got 'em both :tongue:

Moonlit_Angel said:
U2 oriented: the new version of "If You Wear That Velvet Dress"

Oooh, me too!!! I turn my stereo all the way up and enjoy the whispering and humming and bass...
Other U2-related:
North and South of the River

Non-U2:
Bruce Springsteen: Damn, I can't remember the name...It's the Indian-sounding one on The Rising...track 7 maybe? Help! My CD is in the car!
Dave Matthews Band: Grey Street (I'm telling you, Dave wrote it about me)
Led Zeppelin: Going to California
Coldplay: Yellow (If someone ever sang this song to me I would marry them then and there)

most recently: "american prayer" mp3
weirdest: numb
on repeat for the longest time (u2): always
on repeat for the longests time (non-u2): the prodigals-"alchemy"

others that i can't think up a caption/title for:
u2: out of control, tomorrow, 40, sunday bloody sunday (pop mart edge vox), the hands that built america, electrical storm (the one with the awesome guitar intro)
the pogues: sunny side of the street, sally maclennane, the body of an american (great song), streams of whiskey, transmetropolitan (first pogues song i ever heard)
pearl jam: off he goes
the clash: washington bullets, rudie can't fail, someboday got murdred, garageland, complete control, white man in hammersmith palais, pressure drop
joe strummer and the mescaleros: bummed out city

ok, i'm going to get yelled at for spending so much time online...

edioted cos some wierd smiley ended up as the o in "out of control"...

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

:yes:

And I'm dying to know who on earth is playing that awesome piano in the song as well!

Angela

The keyboards are credited to Marius De Vries in Pop's CD book. I forgot about those, too- the music actually sounds like a mirrorball.

P.S. My Bruce Springsteen song is Worlds Apart. I listened to it three times while driving my brother to a friend's house. He was glad to get out of the car.

Edited to say: Dammit, I'm an idiot!!! Moonlit Angel, I originally only read the Velvet Dress part in your original post, not the part where it says "new version." I also really like the new version, but I've been replying about the old version.

:huh: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom