Something good about Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Coldplay, they are decent band whit some realy good songs. And Chris isn't annoying to me at all and I like Paltrow but I fucking hate when someone names his child APPLE.

roy keane said:
I like Coldplay, they are decent band whit some realy good songs. And Chris isn't annoying to me at all and I like Paltrow but I fucking hate when someone names his child APPLE.

And, uh, how often do you find yourself lamenting over the fact that someone has named their child Apple? I mean, since it happens so often, I find myself genuinely upset over it a lot. All the poor little Apples in the world.

So Chris Martin forgot some lyrics and improvised? omg he's totally copying bono, bono invented that.

Talk video a joke? It's not meant to be taken seriously. I think it's great, might be my favorite they've ever done. Finally decided to break the "Chris walking" formula.

roy keane said:
I fucking hate when someone names his child APPLE.

Well he didn't name YOU Apple, so I guess it really doesn't concern you or anyone outside his family.

I know two people (not personally) in this country named Apple.

I find Chris Martin annoying because he tries to be like Bono. Despite what you hear on these forums, Bono is a complete, utter...

Oh wait nevermind, I think I'll violate some TOS. I think I'll post about music I actually like from now on.

Talk song is great (despite the 'demo' version was miles better!), but the video (I insist) is crappy for a Corbjin work. It's non-sense, and they could have take the song and make a happier video.
Ok, they broke the Chris-walking formula, but a video where they land in a distant planet, from a spaceship, with a big robbot that eats them and with a 'bridge' when they start acting like someone who has lost their mind because of an overdose?
For God's sake...

inmyplace13 said:
Talk video a joke? It's not meant to be taken seriously. I think it's great, might be my favorite they've ever done. Finally decided to break the "Chris walking" formula.
I agree, maybe my favourite Coldplay video (perhaps behind The Scientist).
Its ridiculous and cheesey, but in a good way.
Certainly put a smile on my face, I love it.

As for Coldplay themselves, X&Y has its faults and is a bit "U2-y" in parts, but oh well I like 'em anyway. :)

I find it funny that people on this board hate Coldplay so much.
It's total elitism.
Grow up.
And next time someone you know bashes U2, think about how dumb THEY sound.

1.gif

OK, I am not worried for Chris desperetly wanting to be Bono , it is alright, he respects him but now on X&Y it is clear that Coldplay's guitarist wants to be The Edge.So what's next?I have a feeling Colplay drummer and bass player will do music for Mission Imposibile 4.

Aygo said:
Talk song is great (despite the 'demo' version was miles better!), but the video (I insist) is crappy for a Corbjin work. It's non-sense, and they could have take the song and make a happier video.
Ok, they broke the Chris-walking formula, but a video where they land in a distant planet, from a spaceship, with a big robbot that eats them and with a 'bridge' when they start acting like someone who has lost their mind because of an overdose?
For God's sake...

It's absolute cheese and supposed to be taken that way. There isn't a deeper meaning to it. It's a Coldplay B-movie, nothing more. One thing I love is when you check out coldplay.com, the photo that comes up from the video, you can see at the top the roof of the soundstage.

It's just not supposed to be taken seriously at all. I think it's good to see they're not catering to the masses with it and (hopefully) they take an equally different path with their next record.

Did anyone check out the link to Sleeping Sun I posted up there? It's a b-side on the new Talk single and it's excellent, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Sleeping Sun is a great track - it is good to hear something different from them, though no doubt someone will say they are copying U2 or whoever else in doing this.....:rolleyes:

As for the "Talk" video - I really like it - its much less serious than other videos of theirs that I have seen and it is good to see one a bit more lighthearted:up:

inmyplace13 said:

It's absolute cheese and supposed to be taken that way. There isn't a deeper meaning to it. It's a Coldplay B-movie, nothing more. One thing I love is when you check out coldplay.com, the photo that comes up from the video, you can see at the top the roof of the soundstage.

It's just not supposed to be taken seriously at all. I think it's good to see they're not catering to the masses with it and (hopefully) they take an equally different path with their next record.

Did anyone check out the link to Sleeping Sun I posted up there? It's a b-side on the new Talk single and it's excellent, hopefully a sign of things to come.

If Sleeping Sun is a portion of their future work, I'd love it.

and Gravity was very well done too, just use less falsetto Chris Martin, and work on varying song structures instead of the same old stuff :huh:

I didn't think people watched videos anymore.

Shows how far out of the popular culture loop I am.... :huh:

roy keane said:
OK, I am not worried for Chris desperetly wanting to be Bono , it is alright, he respects him but now on X&Y it is clear that Coldplay's guitarist wants to be The Edge.So what's next?I have a feeling Colplay drummer and bass player will do music for Mission Imposibile 4.

Well I'm glad you've taken on the job of staying awake at night worrying about what Coldplay are going to do next, a job noone else volunteered for.

jimmmm said:
Something good about coldplay? the end of each song

Please dont bump up old threads solely to make negative comments, and please dont call other members names. Both of these actions are against our rules.

Back
Top Bottom