someone should tell green day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

I remember when you lashed out at American Idiot and I called you a republican. And Zoomy came to your support! :lol:

yes, that was rather amusing. i still feel the same about the album :shrug:

The video wouldn't be THAT bad if it weren't for the talking at the start. (and in the middle too isn't it?) It just ruins the song, which is a shame cos its a pretty good song.

And I absolutely can't stand the way that girls crys. I can almost feel my ear drums weeping at the horror of that sound. :|

IWasBored said:

nah, i think bsp77 still harbors some ill feelings toward me for some crap i said in the green day thread when american idiot came out. it's just too bad he couldn't do it in a grammatically correct fashion. i will except nothing. accept, maybe. but not except.

Actually, I don't have any ill feelings. I told you that a long time ago and thought we were past all that. You apparently are the one still thinking about it.

My feelings are for the attitude of the forum in general and how they think it is fun to degrade the musical preferences of others. But now that I think about it, you are consistently one of the worst offenders here, and I have even seen the mods point it out on more than one occasion.

Yes, I know grammar. I have an English Lit major in addition to Marketing. I was typing quickly and just missed it. I'm glad we have people like you here to point it out. Hope it makes you feel superior once again.

Posts by IWB make me feel like this:

bunny_flowers.jpg

Meegannie, this is way off topic - but I was listening to Morris Day and the Time's "Jungle Love" and staring at your dancing penguins for like 5 minutes. It was most amusing.

Are we, we are

Are we, we are the garrrbbbaaagggeee

Terrific, they have a new DVD coming out. Now I have to put up with them even longer

inmyplace13 said:
Are we, we are

Are we, we are the garrrbbbaaagggeee

Terrific, they have a new DVD coming out. Now I have to put up with them even longer

I laugh when you make comments like this about Green Day but dislike it when others do the same thing about Coldplay.

IWasBored said:
time of your life can burn in hell.
Truer words were never spoken.

In TV terms (since TV had a lot to do with the song's rise to popularity) that is precisely when Green Day jumped the shark...they made a few attempts prior, but luckily Billie Joe fell off his waterskis, but this time they stuck the landing.

indra said:

Christ! Talk about feeling old -- my first record (yep, vinyl) was Elton John's Greatest Hits. The original one. 1974, I think. :ohmy:
For me (the first album I bought myself) it was Hotel California. Even skipped at the beginning of "Life in the Fast Lane". Should still be in a box somewhere.

Hewson said:
Truer words were never spoken.

In TV terms (since TV had a lot to do with the song's rise to popularity) that is precisely when Green Day jumped the shark...they made a few attempts prior, but luckily Billie Joe fell off his waterskis, but this time they stuck the landing.

Woah ho hoooo! So just because they wrote an excellent song that's different to most of their other songs and that has been overplayed to Hell it sucks? Is that it, or just because it's played in more 'poignant' moments (note the air quotes) than a U2 song?

I'm always curious if the reason a lot of U2 fans seem to badmouth Coldplay, Green Day, The Killers, etc is because they're currently very popular and blatantly stealing U2's spotlight?

Wow, that came out a bit more inflamatory than I meant it to...

the video for wake me up... blows. it's stupid and pointless.

but i must say... i still listen to the american idiot album. it really is a brilliant piece of work... and i've yet to find an album in the past 5 years that comes close to it's originality and creativity.

if you can get over the over-played singles, mtv exposure and the fact that it got teeny boppers to think they were punks and actually listen to the album from start to finish... it really is something to behold.

green day are what they are... accesable pop/punk/rock. they've never tried to be anything else.

monkeyskin said:

Woah ho hoooo! So just because they wrote an excellent song that's different to most of their other songs and that has been overplayed to Hell it sucks? Is that it, or just because it's played in more 'poignant' moments (note the air quotes) than a U2 song?

I'm always curious if the reason a lot of U2 fans seem to badmouth Coldplay, Green Day, The Killers, etc is because they're currently very popular and blatantly stealing U2's spotlight?

It has nothing to do with U2 whatsoever, I just think the song is fluffy crap, just my opinion.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the video for wake me up... blows. it's stupid and pointless.

but i must say... i still listen to the american idiot album. it really is a brilliant piece of work... and i've yet to find an album in the past 5 years that comes close to it's originality and creativity.

if you can get over the over-played singles, mtv exposure and the fact that it got teeny boppers to think they were punks and actually listen to the album from start to finish... it really is something to behold.

green day are what they are... accesable pop/punk/rock. they've never tried to be anything else.

i tried to listen to it. i did make it through once. the title track was the only single at the time, so i didn't have several overplayed tracks to worry about. i wanted to like it because i do like green day, or i did. i just don't like this cd.

if they weren't trying to be anything else now, would they be dressing up like my chemical romance? tell me that's not to sell records and appeal to the kids who were still in diapers when dookie came out. image does not equal music, but you don't think it sounds like they've taken any musical progression they were taking on 'warning' and tailored their melodies to appeal to today's mtv punk fans?

01_main.jpg

(although i must say, good shirt. the explosion :up: )

GREENDAY.jpg

monkeyskin said:

I don't think it has anything to do with stealing U2's spotlight. U2 is not an indie band only a minority of people know about, they're a well-known band.

The Killers and the Bravery have some sort of "fued" between them. Their fued may be due to stealing each others' spotlights.

I think it's more that, when a band copies, or seems to be copying another band, the copycat or so-called copycat is gonna catch some flack for it. Which seems to be part of the reason for the fued between the killers and the bravery, but they're sort drawing from 80's synth pop so I don't know what's their problem.

I like a lot of bands, musical genres, U2 just happens to be my favorite.

i'm so tired of hearing u2 mentioned in the non-u2 music section of this forum.

thrillme said:

Which seems to be part of the reason for the fued between the killers and the bravery, but they're sort drawing from 80's synth pop so I don't know what's their problem.

The problem with that now former feud is that the lead singer of the Killers has become a raving ego maniac who needs to go away for awhile and learn some fucking tact.

IWasBored said:

:lol: i saw a commercial on tv for it last night. no, i really didn't know about this. i may be on a u2 forum, but it's been several months since i've actually read a u2-related thread.

I didn't know either. :eek:

I've never seen this particular Green Day video, but from what I'm reading I'm thinking it's fucking 'Hero' by Enrique. Crying, rain, sad dialogue, like watching the fucking Bold and the Beautiful or something. Hell, I've seen plenty of crappy Chinese pop singers capitalise on that formula in an attempt to win the teen girl market. What's the video actually like? Anyway, the song's very popular here, particularly since it was September sometime ago. Never heard it personally, but I've got friends who love them. Oh well.

I couldn't care less about Green Day, they've never hurt me. blink on the other hand...

Oh yeah, and as for U2, this is their what, fifth, sixth concert release? Do we seriously need yet more undistinguishable live versions of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'? And before you say that this one has got all of those rarities like 'The Electric Co.' on it, you already own 2000 bootleg versions of it, your life isn't going to be better.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I've never seen this particular Green Day video, but from what I'm reading I'm thinking it's fucking 'Hero' by Enrique. Crying, rain, sad dialogue, like watching the fucking Bold and the Beautiful or something.

Not exactly. This is a war-based video.

phanan said:

I laugh when you make comments like this about Green Day but dislike it when others do the same thing about Coldplay.

You must be mistaken. I don't give two shits what anyone on here says about Coldplay, it just gets beaten into the ground and that's the only problem I have with it. People are free to not like whatever they want.

I laugh when you make yourself look like a fucking retard :wave:

now would be a good time for me to ask again...did anyone notice that this thread was actually not another "do you like green day??!?! OMG american idiot is sooo gr8!!1" thread? there was another component, other than the green day video. something about a link i posted.

Back
Top Bottom