Somebody tell me how this works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it was wrong!! it's not always right...it shuffleds the symbols around or something...

well for starters all the symbols are reused at some point...there aren't 99 different symbols but it is still creepyaccurate.

kobayashi said:
well for starters all the symbols are reused at some point...there aren't 99 different symbols but it is still creepyaccurate.

yeah, they are repeated, and there's probably some kind of math proof for why it works.

i bet my mom would know...

ok. that's freaky. :crack:

I did it twice....... it was right twice........ that's enough for me.

it kinda works. clever really

spoiler...i am going to look like :slant: if someone proves me wrong

#s 10 - 19 all give you the same total: 9.
#s 20 - 29 all give you the same total: 18
#s 30- 39 all give you the same total: 27
#s 40- 49 all give you the same total: 36
#s 50- 59 all give you the same total: 45
#s 60- 69 all give you the same total: 54
#s 70- 79 all give you the same total: 63
#s 80- 89 all give you the same total: 72
#s 90- 99 all give you the same total: 81

so the only real options it must choose from are 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81. it changes the symbols beside each number every time but the symbols for these 8 numbers are always the same. so it always gives you the right answer.

another way to do it is to not bother with the math, just look at the symbol beside any one of these numbers and press the button, the symbol will come up in the crystal ball because it is the only conceivable answer.

Last edited:
Damn you. I just figured that first part out. I think that's it, or part of it at least. That would also explain why it's occasionally wrong. But:

another way to do it is to not bother with the math, just look at the symbol beside any one of these numbers and press the button, the symbol will come up in the crystal ball because it is the only conceivable answer.

Umm...what? :huh:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Damn you. I just figured that first part out. I think that's it, or part of it at least. That would also explain why it's occasionally wrong. But:

Umm...what? :huh:

look at the symbol beside one of those #s and press the button...
ie whatever the symbol for 9 is will appear

thank you kobyashi

reminds me of the number game where you start out with a 3 digit number, do fomr calculations and then you always get 4. you align your answer with the letter in the alphabet, meaning you get d. you're supposed to pick a country starting with that letter. 98% pick denmark. and then you pick an animal that starts with the last letter of your country. k. kangaroo. then a fruit starting with the last letter. and then the person says "you picked orange, didn't you"? and i said no, i picked apple because iguana ends in a. and djibouti (which i think i spelled wrong in the middle, but i know it starts with a d and a j and ends in an i) ends in i.

Re: it kinda works. clever really

kobayashi said:

so the only real options it must choose from are 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81. it changes the symbols beside each number every time but the symbols for these 8 numbers are always the same. so it always gives you the right answer.

but if it picks one of those at random, that's.. nine options, right?
But like, it's right far too much to be that random... I sat here and did it about 15 times and it was only wrong once, and that time I did the same number twice.
yeah, where the hell is melon? :mad:

Re: Re: it kinda works. clever really

Kristie said:

but if it picks one of those at random, that's.. nine options, right?
But like, it's right far too much to be that random... I sat here and did it about 15 times and it was only wrong once, and that time I did the same number twice.

All the nine options are the same any given time you do it. And then they all change when the whole thing resets.

um...if kobayashi is right...there's no way it'll be wrong...so maybe you added it up wrong...?

it's been right every time for me...

LOL...this works because this formula ensures that you always end up with a multiple of 9--and all the multiples of 9 have the same symbol. If you notice, they change the symbols next to the numbers, so that's why you see different symbols.

Let's try a few here:

99: 9+9=18; 99-18=81 --> a multiple of 9 (9x9=81)
80: 8+0=8; 80-8=72 --> a multiple of 9 (9x8=72)
46: 4+6=10; 46-10=36 --> a multiple of 9 (9x4=36)
26: 2+6=8; 26-8=18 --> a multiple of 9 (9x2=18)

It is a pretty clever little program.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom