Somebody help, they refuse to die!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Somebody please tell me what to do. A couple days ago I somehow accidently uploaded some pop up add campaign. I saw it loading with the little folder and paper thingy and I tried to cancel it but it froze! When I rebooted, it was there- pop up ads every few seconds. This computer is already so damn slow it can hardly function on this message board and sometimes won't even load all the pics in a PLEBA thread. All I need is for a bunch of horseshit to keep popping up with flashy colorful ads that take forever to load and won't let you x them until they are fully loaded! :banghead:

I did a search on my computer and found them and deleted them and emptied my recycle bin. But they came back!! I did it a second time, and found out they had survived by mutating themselves into 'default' versions of themselves! I deleted and dumped the defaults and yes it happend again!! So I did it again, and did a search for them and it came up clean. But just now, I got another one popping up!! :scream: :banghead:

Is there some way to kill these bastards for good? I don't want pop up blockers because I like being able to click on things on websites like this one and yahoo and open another window seperate from the one I'm using. There has to be something to do, they can't keep mutating forever, can they? :crazy:

Ugh I had that happen to me one time....I think for a week straight i'd get like 50 popups in a row...they wouldn't stop poping up so id' have to reboot my computer and then i'd do it again :mad:

Thanks everbody!

But does adware also stop the PM message thing or pics or other links from popping up in addition to your first window? Or can it tell when it's spam?

once you have the program on your computer you have to run a scan to make it work. It's not a pop up blocker so it doesn't stop anything from popping up. It just gets rid of anything that stays in you system.

Thanks Arw and bammo! :up: How can I install this? Where do you have to go to get it?

My pop-up stopper blocks PMs, but even when I turn it off they don't open (I still get the message that comes on the screen) so I'm thinking it's a FireFox thing? no biggie anyways

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom