Some thoughts on war....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Did anyone see The Lost Battalion on A&E a few weeks ago?

It was about the american battalion that broke through german lines in WWI and held out for 7 days without reinforcements. It was an amazing made for tv movie. Very high quality. I'm sure they'll show it again. If you like inspirational, true to life, realistic movies, you should check http://www.AandE.com/ to see when they are showing it again and watch it.

Both my grandfathers found in WWI, one for the Americans, one for the British in the Scottish Gordon Highlanders. Wen't over the top wearing his kilt with pride. He died after the war of his wounds and his name is in the books at Edinburgh Castle. I'm sorry I never got the chance to meet him.

When I watch realistic war movies, it always reminds me how I just don't understand war. I really don't get it. I can't imagining looking another person in the eye and killing them.

There is that scene in Saving Private Ryan where the farm kid is sitting on the stairs, crying, while the battle rages around him. Upstairs, one of his platoon buddies is in hand to hand combat with a Nazi. The Nazi has a knife and is on top of the American and is stabbing him. He tried to tell the American soldier to relax, going shhhhhhhh the whole time, trying to calm him down. It's this horrible scene of two people knowing that they have to fight to the death, but not truly wanting to do it.

I know if I had to I would go to war, I would kill, but it would hurt me so much inside. It's not a way to solve problems, but sometimes in our world, I guess it's the only way......

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Originally posted by popkidu2:
I know if I had to I would go to war, I would kill, but it would hurt me so much inside. It's not a way to solve problems, but sometimes in our world, I guess it's the only way......

Agreed, popkidu2.

Back
Top Bottom