Some stupid little %&*$# stole my car!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2002, 12:49 PM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:51 AM
That sucks.

Old 08-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:51 AM

About 6 years ago, I had to take something to the post office a block from my office at about 4:30 p.m. I considered going to get my car, parked a few blocks away, and bring it over to my office parking deck so I wouldn't have to walk to it when I got off work around 5:30, but decided not to.

When I walked to my car at 5:30, a police car sped past me on the alley and pulled into the garage where I was parked. As I turned the corner, I saw they were parked right behind my car.

They asked if I was the owner, and showed me that the window had been busted out and the stereo ripped out. They didn't bother my CDs of Sting, the Allman Brothers, and the Grateful Dead; not their tastes, I guess. The police officers said they got the call around 4:30 that 4 guys, 16-20 years old, were seen in the deck when glass was heard breaking. They said that the kids would trade my stereo and my cell phone (each item) for a $20 crack rock.

If I had walked to get my car at 4:30, I would have likely seen them doing this. 1 of 2 things would have happened:

(1) I would have confronted them and been harmed/killed/left for dead; or,

(2) I would have seen them, but hidden from them, and as they left, gotten in my car (sitting on the seat of broken glass), cranked it up, then chased them down the alley and giving meself a point each time the front of my Jeep hit one of their asses.

~U2Alabama

Old 08-24-2002, 04:20 PM   #18
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:51 AM

Someone broke into my mustang a couple years ago.. it was parked IN MY CARPORT and was broken into between 7 - 9 pm on a Sunday nite! Hello! Fuckers took everything.. smashed the window, destroyed the trunk lock, stole my stereo, all my cds, amp, bazooka tube, tools, tailights.

I was so pissed.

I'm sorry about your car Diemen, I hope they find it and hopefully in one piece.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:43 PM   #19
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
I would have seen them, but hidden from them, and as they left, gotten in my car (sitting on the seat of broken glass), cranked it up, then chased them down the alley and giving meself a point each time the front of my Jeep hit one of their asses.
anyone who doesn't think you have a sense of humour (in that other thread) needs to see this post.

diemen, bama, sicy...i'm sorry you guys all got your cars broken into. luckily, it's never happened to me, but i just wanna anyone who with people's cars!!!
Old 08-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #20
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

crys

I'm hoping these assholes just took it out for a joyride. My car doesn't have anything special on it. No nice rims, no custom head or tail lights, no neato stereo system.

What it did have in it though was my work badge (no biggie to replace) and my eyeglasses, which cost nearly $400. I will be severely pissed off if I have to replace those. but not nearly as much as I will be if I have to replace the car. Not like I could afford to right now anyway... !!!

Or maybe the punks really needed the tic tacs that were sitting in the center console...
Old 08-24-2002, 04:58 PM   #21
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 09:51 AM

That feoking sucks, D!

Diemen
Old 08-25-2002, 04:24 AM   #22
New Yorker

Oh I'm soo sorry, Diemen.....Stuff like that just makes your heart stop. I lost my portfolio the other day, with every disk and every file of every piece of artwork i'd ever done. I almost had a heart attack, but luckily it was found. I have faith that everything will be OK.

I've had to break into my own car once, which i discovered is very easy due the the fact its a convertible....I always thought if it was kinda old(gulp.....a 94 ) that nobody would think twice about it.....I guess I know better now....I hope you find it AND the jerk that took it. We'll help you put him in and ship him off to Abu Dhabi.....

Good Luck.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:15 AM   #23
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Where's the "phew!" smilie?

Good news. I wasn't home to get the message, but the police found the car and apparently have the person who stole it in custody (kickass!). The woman at the station couldn't tell me the condition of the car other than that it wasn't burned, stripped or crashed (phew, phew and phew). Now I just need to wake up one of my housemates to drive me to one police station to get the release forms, then to the police station in the city where they found it, then to the tow yard to pick up the car.

I reeeeaally hope everything's still intact in the car and that my paid-way-too-much-for-them-prescription glasses are still in there...
Old 08-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:51 PM
thats great news

Phew smilie imo=
Old 08-25-2002, 02:02 PM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 11:51 AM
I just started reading this thread today and I'm so glad it's looking like it has a happy ending! You must be so incredibly relieved! I would be nearly hysterical if someone had stolen my car, but you seemed to be handling it relatively well. Hey, I hope you get your glasses back too.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:16 PM   #26
Babyface

Local Time: 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
They didn't bother my CDs of Sting
they weren't all that bad then

but it's good you didn't go to your car - let them have the stereo not worth dying for....unless your u2 cds are in there

anyway, sorry about your car Diemen.
i don't drive so i will never know the feeling of 'oh f***! where's my CAR!! '
Old 08-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:51 PM
I'm sorry your car was stolen, Dieman, but it's great that they found it! Yay for happy endings!
Old 08-25-2002, 06:04 PM   #28
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Note to those who get there cars stolen - be prepared to pay through the nose to get it back. $165 and 3 hours later, I have my car back. No damage to it that I can tell, although the little punk (and I do mean little, the seat was pushed all the way up to the front) that stole might have been a little rough on the gears. My bag is gone, so now I have to get a new pair of glasses, but it could've been a lot worse. Just a joyride it seems - the radio was on some obnoxious hip-hop station, the treble and bass were up high - yeah, joyride time. The funny thing is, the police pulled him over almost less than a block away from the station.

I'm running out and buying a club or something like it as soon as possible...
Old 08-25-2002, 06:25 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Note to those who get there cars stolen - be prepared to pay through the nose to get it back. $165 and 3 hours later, I have my car back. No damage to it that I can tell, although the little punk (and I do mean little, the seat was pushed all the way up to the front) that stole might have been a little rough on the gears. My bag is gone, so now I have to get a new pair of glasses, but it could've been a lot worse. Just a joyride it seems - the radio was on some obnoxious hip-hop station, the treble and bass were up high - yeah, joyride time. The funny thing is, the police pulled him over almost less than a block away from the station.

I'm running out and buying a club or something like it as soon as possible...
Diemen-
You really should feel pity on this little person and stop calling names.
For a variety of reasons-
1) He was sooooo desperate he stole an unsexy Saturn w high miles
2) He listens to crap music
3) He prolly isnt as forunate as you, like a Crack Addict or something

Glad u got your ride back..

DB9
Old 08-26-2002, 12:56 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:51 AM
I have woken up in the morning and found my car gone, not a nice feeling.(I got it back, less everything in the glovebox, sunglasses, a bottle of cheap wine.....hope they got a serious dry horror hangover) So I felt for you as I read the story. I am glad it turned into a happy ending.

I had my handbag stolen from the car once., that felt bad.It bad enough to loose the money, but silly me, I had an old letter and old irreplacable photograph inside. Those are the things that I felt the most loss for.. Live and learn. I have had a plastic frog on my dashboard for years. I take him out if I have to leave the car somewhere over night...just in case. Not a lot we can do , if they want your car, they'll get it I suppose.

Sicy if you come back in here. My son went to a car swap meet yesterday. He was only looking. He commented on 2 Mustangs that were nice, waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy out of his price range, but nice..., they had a sign in the window '$25000 make your investment now" I have no idea of model etc, to me a car should be as simple and economical as possible, my criteria anyway thought you may like to know.That's Aussie$$ btw.

I saw your topic yesterday diemen, glad it worked out.
Safe motoring.