Some "Seinfeld" Moral Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmccuanu2

The Fly
Ok gang,

I am a huge "Seinfeld" fan, and I watch the reruns of this great show as often as I can. In seeing all these, there a couple of incidents in a couple of episodes that I wonder, "What would other people do in that situation?" So I decided to post it on the website to see what the consensus is. So here goes...

1. There is a great episode where Jerry's girlfriend gives them free tickets to a Yankees game with seats in the owner's box. When they get there, Elaine is wearing an Orioles cap. The gentleman who greets them after they sit down informs her that since she is in the owner's box she might want to take it off. Elaine refuses and throws a fit and generally gets kicked out of the box. Then she more or less guilts George and Kramer into leaving with her. So, question one is, should she have taken off the cap when the man told her to, AND were George and Kramer obligated to leave with her?

2. The other one I wonder about is when George finds out that Marisa Tomei likes guys just like him, and he wants to call her, even though he is engaged. Everyone is against him calling her, since he is about to be married to Susan. George doesn't see the harm in meeting her. Is he right or wrong?

Oh, and by the way, an off-the-cuff Seinfeld query. I have watched the episode where Kramer and Newman are trying to plan their respective Millenium parties. And I swear for the life of me, I simply can't figure out the logic when at the very end Jerry tells Newman that his party will be ONE YEAR LATE. I watch this episode every time I can and I always think that it should be ONE YEAR EARLY! Am I dense? Can someone please explain this to me in very simple terms? Thanks in advance for the answers to these paltry moralistic dilemmas.

1. I don't know..Elaine wearing the cap is not polite...but not against the law...it is just baseball the guy should have not said anything.

2. :hmm: no because it was meeting for all the wrong reasons...not like they were meeting over work but the meeting could have potentially led to Georges cheating on susan. Although if he really wanted to meet her to see what would happen then he is unsure of things between him and susan and thats a whole other problem.

The millenium thing was 2000....Y2K all that

Yay, more Seinfeld talk. :happy:

1. If I was Elaine, I would not take the cap off, but then I wouldn't force George and Kramer to leave as well. Well, maybe George. :wink:

2. I don't think there is anything wrong with simply meeting Marisa Tomei, but like Dismantled said, George knows what he's getting himself into.

How about this (if I may make up some of my own):

1. If you've given a couple wedding gifts and they split up ("hate the Drake!"), are you obligated to give the gifts back?

2. If you've just split up with someone and are invited to a neutral party, should both people go, or should one person step down? (from "The Lip Reader")

jmccuanu2 said:

1. There is a great episode where Jerry's girlfriend gives them free tickets to a Yankees game with seats in the owner's box. When they get there, Elaine is wearing an Orioles cap. The gentleman who greets them after they sit down informs her that since she is in the owner's box she might want to take it off. Elaine refuses and throws a fit and generally gets kicked out of the box. Then she more or less guilts George and Kramer into leaving with her. So, question one is, should she have taken off the cap when the man told her to, AND were George and Kramer obligated to leave with her?

Elaine should have been able to wear the cap. Once being ejected, George and Kramer should have been able to stay. However, leaving with her was a nice gesture of friendship.

2. The other one I wonder about is when George finds out that Marisa Tomei likes guys just like him, and he wants to call her, even though he is engaged. Everyone is against him calling her, since he is about to be married to Susan. George doesn't see the harm in meeting her. Is he right or wrong?

If George informed Susan of the ongoings, there would be no problem. But the fact that he wanted to keep it hidden from Susan is a red flag.

1. If you've given a couple wedding gifts and they split up ("hate the Drake!"), are you obligated to give the gifts back?

If they end up not getting married, yes, the gifts go back.

2. If you've just split up with someone and are invited to a neutral party, should both people go, or should one person step down? (from "The Lip Reader")

If they each want to go, they should go. People SHOULD be able to be mature enough to handle such a social situation.

1. Elaine should have removed the cap. A simple sign of respect. Elaine displayed a selfish declaration of rights over common courtesy.

2. Don't call. Or, at least think why you are engaged.

Back
Top Bottom