Some Randoooooooooom for you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're just across the street
Looks a mile to my feet
I want to go to you
Funny how I'm nervous still
I've always been the easy kill
I guess I always will

Could it be that everything goes 'round by chance? (chance?)
Or only one way that it was always meant to be (be)
You kill me, you always know the perfect thing to say (hey hey, hey hey)
I know what I should do, but I just can't walk away

I can picture your face well
From the bar in my hotel
I wish I'd go to you
I pick up put down the phone
Like your favorite Heatmeiser song goes
It's just like being alone

Oh God, please don't tell me this has been in vain (vain)
I need answers for what all the waiting I've done means (means)
You kill me, you've got some nerve, but can't face your mistakes (hey hey, hey hey)
I know what I should do, but I just can't turn away

So go on love
Leave while there's still hope for escape
Got to take what you can these days
There's so much ahead
So much regret
I know what you want to say
(Know what you want to say)
I know it but can't help feeling differently
I loved you, and I should have said it
But tell me just what has it ever meant

I can't help it baby, this is who I am (am)
Sorry, but I can't just go turn off how I feel (feel)
You kill me, you build me up, but just to watch me break (hey hey, hey hey)
I know what I should do, but I just can't walk away

:cute:

allmusic.com

The Portland, OR, band Heatmiser was best known for launching the career of singer/songwriter Elliott Smith, but other members of the group went on to have successful music careers long after Heatmiser's demise. Singer/songwriter/guitarist Neil Gust went on to form the pop/rock band No. 2, while bassist Sam Coomes formed the popular indie pop duo Quasi with his then-wife, Sleater-Kinney drummer Janet Weiss. Drummer Tony Lash, who produced some of Heatmiser's material, went on to do production work with a variety of artists, including the Dandy Warhols, Death Cab for Cutie, and the Minders. Heatmiser was well-known in the northwest rock scene of the early '90s, but despite Smith's burgeoning solo career, the band never achieved more than a cult following. Smith shared songwriting duties with fellow guitarist/vocalist Neil Gust, whom he met while both were attending Hampshire College, and their contrasts in styles made Heatmiser's records compelling but incohesive. Gust's songs were typically darker and harsher than Smith's melodic folk-rock contributions. The fact that Heatmiser toiled in relative obscurity during their active years and has remained unknown to the masses despite Smith's popularity is puzzling to say the least.

Heatmiser formed in Portland, OR, in 1992, a time in which labels large and small were scarfing up all the unsigned talent they could in hopes of finding the next Nirvana or Pearl Jam. Sub Pop records had signed several decidedly non-grungy Portland bands, such as the Spinanes, Pond, and Hazel, but Heatmiser somehow escaped Sub Pop's grasp. The band released its debut album, Dead Air, on Frontier Records in 1993. A second album, Cop and Speeder, appeared on Frontier in 1994 as did a five-song EP entitled Yellow No. 5. By 1996, Smith had released two critically acclaimed solo albums and it was becoming clear that Heatmiser was not his first priority.

The Tony Lash-produced Mic City Sons was released in October of that year by the independent label Caroline. Hailed by critics as the best Heatmiser record yet, Mic City Sons unfortunately was released as the band was in the process of breaking up. Thus, despite all the makings of a breakthrough effort, Heatmiser was grinding to a halt and would never record as a group again. Smith reported in an interview in 1997 that Heatmiser had signed a contract with Virgin, but an album never materialized. The bandmembers have maintained working professional relationships, appearing on each others' various projects in some capacity. Quasi toured with Elliott Smith in 1997, and both Smith and Coomes contributed to Gust's No. 2 album, which was released in 1999.

i answer my own question.

IWasBored said:

what the hell is a heatmiester song?

heatmiser3ht.jpg

:sexywink:

Queen Bee said:
I can guarantee you that whenever that song pops up on my iTunes shuffle I'm going to immediately think of House/Wilson. :(

i am sorry.

whenever "you can't always get what you want" pops up on my itunes, i think of how freaking stupid it is that cuddy gave stacey a job at the hospital.

i've also listened to that song about 10120 million times in the last several weeks :shifty:

Queen Bee said:

:lmao: what the hell?

i find it really hilarious that emo lyrics are being used in this context. angst? okay...because we know that not only are house and wilson sleeping together, but they're spending their waking hours crying about it? i equate emo with a lot of crying and general open emotions (which is why i hate it).

cameron: i need to know if you like me!
house: OMG! yes! i like you!
cameron: i knew it!!
house: kiss me!
cameron: *cries*
house: i love everyone, i'm mean because i didn't know how to show it, but you've shown me the light!! gotta go!!! *runs away*
cameron: no! where are you going, my love!
house: to tell wilson i love him! i love you, but we can never be together!

Queen Bee said:
The best thing about last week's House episode was the disappearance of Stacey :up:

yes, that was good. but i kind of want them to get all 7 stacey episodes out of the way so we never have to see her again. unfortunatly, they'll stretch it out over the course of the season, leaving the last episode in may to be some big stacey-related thing with house falling apart even more than usual. or at least i hope not.

IWasBored said:

:lmao: what the hell?

i find it really hilarious that emo lyrics are being used in this context. angst? okay...because we know that not only are house and wilson sleeping together, but they're spending their waking hours crying about it? i equate emo with a lot of crying and general open emotions (which is why i hate it).

cameron: i need to know if you like me!
house: OMG! yes! i like you!
cameron: i knew it!!
house: kiss me!
cameron: *cries*
house: i love everyone, i'm mean because i didn't know how to show it, but you've shown me the light!! gotta go!!! *runs away*
cameron: no! where are you going, my love!
house: to tell wilson i love him! i love you, but we can never be together!

rofl.gif

zonelistener said:
IWB -

Thanks for the heatmeiser info...didn't realize Elliot Smith was in a band called heatmeiser.

:ohmy:

zoney!

sorry, wasn't expecting to see you right in the middle of my house/wilson slash-mocking.

IWasBored said:
yes, that was good. but i kind of want them to get all 7 stacey episodes out of the way so we never have to see her again. unfortunatly, they'll stretch it out over the course of the season, leaving the last episode in may to be some big stacey-related thing with house falling apart even more than usual. or at least i hope not.

Wait, so she's only around for six more episodes? I thought she was a series regular. This is SO much better :hyper:

he ran off to tell wilson. cameron is really good, she not only inexplicably cured him of years of emotional problems, but she fixed his leg!

Queen Bee said:

Wait, so she's only around for six more episodes? I thought she was a series regular. This is SO much better :hyper:

from what i've read, she's only supposed to be around for a total of 7 this season, then she's sent packing. somehow.

wanna know what else i read?

OMGSPOILERZ!!!

Queen Bee said:

Spillllllllll!

cameron and chase :crack:

and house's parents come to visit.

presumably, these are seperate episodes. i know the house's parents one is supposed to be aired novemeber 1st after baseball ends.

" An asthmatic man suddenly becomes unconscious and falls off of Dr. Cuddy's roof while working on her house."

tv.com says about tuesday

25. Humpty Dumpty (edit)
First aired: 9/27/2005
Writer:
Director:
Guest star: J.R. Villarreal (Manny), Charles Robinson (Robert), Ignacio Serricchio (Alfredo), Christine Avila (Luisa)

An asthmatic man suddenly becomes unconscious and falls off of Dr. Cuddy's roof while working on her house.
Recap | Quotes | Cast | Goofs | Reviews

J.R. Villarreal was discovered in Dallas in 2002, he never had any acting classes let alone an audition. On his first audition he booked the lead in the Fox Pilot "Senor White" opposite stand-up comedian Ron White, which was
directed by Betty Thomas. His second acting audition proved he also had dramatic range, when he booked the guest lead on the CBS series "Without a Trace". A
short film entitled "Ay Mijo" followed – that was audition number three. Finally, his most recent audition was for the CBS series "Cold Case" – another
success for him.

Besides acting J.R. enjoys football, basketball, horse-back riding, boxing and teaching his little sister Karolinah the art of being a natural, dedicated actor.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom