Some Randoooooooooom for you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:

He never owned it....I can't remember the name of the club that he did own. I'm not sure if he still owns it or even still hangs out in the Twin Cities anymore. No one really mentions him anymore. :huh: I think he probably started out at First Ave though.

Really? My brother and sister in law told me Prince owned it when I visited them in 92. It was used in Purple Rain as the club he performed in. I know he did some one off shows there even after he was popular as well.

zonelistener said:
Prince never owned First Ave...he owned Glam Slam, but no longer owns it (and it is called something else...but I cannot remember at the moment)

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I couldn't remember the name of Glam Slam. I knew it was something easy and it was driving me crazy! :mad:

zonelistener said:
Prince never owned First Ave...he owned Glam Slam, but no longer owns it (and it is called something else...but I cannot remember at the moment)

Ok, that must be what I'm confusing it with. First Avenue though is in Purple Rain.

Blue Room said:

Really? My brother and sister in law told me Prince owned it when I visited them in 92. It was used in Purple Rain as the club he performed in. I know he did some one off shows there even after he was popular as well.

nope he never owned the place. They've had the same owner for a million years. I'm pretty sure you're right about it being the club in Purple Rain. It would make sense for a music film shot in Minneapolis!

YEah...Prince played a lot of shows at First Ave I guess. It is quite a legendary club, and CLOSED earlier this year. There was some ownership struggles.

I heard he sold his Chanhassen home. I think Star Trib had the article (despite not living in MSP, I still read StarTrib online like three times a day...AND often raid our arriving Minneapolis airplanes for hard copies of the paper. Flight Attendants think I am a freak, digging through the garbage).

What is the weather going to be like tomorrow? Should I wear jeans, or shorts? :hmm:

arw9797 said:
I didn't know it closed!!!! For good? :eek: You can tell I don't pay attention to the news around here. :der:

IT closed for good for about 20 days or so. Then the owners worked out their differences.

I read all about that in the City Pages! :sexywink:

Weather...is it time for jeans, or will I be able to do shorts?

zonelistener said:

IT closed for good for about 20 days or so. Then the owners worked out their differences.

I read all about that in the City Pages! :sexywink:

Weather...is it time for jeans, or will I be able to do shorts?

you could do shorts. It was really hot and creepy this afternoon.

I never read City Pages now that I'm not a college student and I don't see it all over the place :(

When I am in town, I always search out a City Page, an Onion, and pick up a StarTrib.

I am off to bed...have to catch a flight in six hours. No sleep for me.

Thanks for the shorts suggestion!

Night...i will call you tomorrow!

I'm at ARW's house. :D She just drew us a map of the roads near her house. Somehow I think we'll still get lost. :shifty:

Blue Room said:
What is it of? You and your company eating pumpkin bread? :ohmy: :laugh:
:sad: <--- tears of joy...ARW made a blueberry loaf for me and it's sooooooooooooo good!

:sad: <---Now I'm sad because Kariann's making fun of me typoing a text message.

:sexywink:

Good morning :wave:

I should go back to bed. I was off work at 4, came home, went to bed, was still awake at 5:30, fell asleep, woke up at 8 to my alarm, got up and dressed, went downstairs to find all the mini fahs dressed, I pack up the lunches, we're leaving and I hear:

I haven't had breakfast yet :banghead:

While walking to school the mini fahs ate white rolls for breakfast :yikes:

Sleep :)

zonelistener said:
DTI_1766897.l.jpg

November 3, 1987, St. Paul Civic Center (was replaced by Excel Energy Center).

The BoDeans opened. :ohmy:

Why the :ohmy: smilie? The BoDeans opening is a good thing in my book:D..........*devoted fan of BoDeans~*

Kariann, Amanda and Schmeg~
:hyper:
you met Bono, Adam and Edge :hyper:

Bring rain gear to Milwaukee~warm(78 degrees) and rainy with storms is the forecast for Sunday :(...................hopefully that changes.

We go the whole summer without barely a cloud in the sky on a weekend and then fall hits and clouds, clouds and more clouds:mad: and rain............:(

FYI
If you go through Madison:
Football game in Madison at 5..........the roads can get a little jammed(read horrific) in that area.........Don't know if you will even see this. Don't know what time you are leaving on your journey to Milwaukee. Drive Safe!:wave:

I just got an e-mail from Nancy, her sister and brother-in-law are going to the concert too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ohmy: :cool: :up: :dancing: :hyper:
Trying to figure out where they are sitting. :) (It had better be sitting~GA's mean certain jealous envy on my part..........just being honest here:wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom