some people don't understand artistic creativity: the dumbest thing I've been told

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_Bebe

New Yorker
The most retarded thing I've ever had someone say to me regarding Radiohead:

"Why is it RadioHEAD? Why not Radioeye, or Radiofoot?"

honestly
icon24.gif

I wonder if anyone can beat that

Maybe you might know this one. I'm not a crazy-mad-huge Radiohead fan although I dig them lots and enjoyed watching them evolve musically over the years.

Did they get the name Radiohead from the Talking Heads old song Radio Head, or did they dream it up on their own and it just happens to be a quinkidink?

Just wondering.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by adam's_mistress (edited 01-08-2002).]

Well they were originally called "On a Friday" because they practiced on Fridays, but then they split up to get an education and reformed as "Radiohead" which was, yes, after the Talking Heads song "Radio Head".

I guess when you think about it "artistic creativity" isn't the greatest term to describe their evolving band name, actually
biggrin.gif

this is the greatest thing to happen to interference other than the me joining.

yes they did get thier name from the talking heads.

lol bebe, id prolly roll my eyes as hard and loudly as possible....

unforutately it isnt.

------------------
-death bear

Ah thank you guys for the prompt replies!
smile.gif
I was digging through some older records a couple of days ago and the question has been haunting me ever since.

And about the artistic creativity thang and the evolution of Radiohead's name... Just the nod to Talking Heads deserves props!

Anyone noticed how dumb band names actually are? Frankly, Radiohead is a much better name for a band than U2 is. Other band names which sound silly or lame once you really start to think about it:

Massive Attack
Fatboy Slim
Green Day
Cranberries
Ugly Kid Joe

rungi

Back
Top Bottom