some people are so damn rude

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
i parked my bike at coldstone(ice cream shop) to go into post office, tried to ask this lady if she'd watch my bike... right after i say "exuse me".. she says "no i dont wanna talk to you" ... and looks straight away as she sat at the tables between post office an coldstone.

I told her to go to HELL.

She looked like a angry hippie lesbian. (hippie dress and short hair)

my day was goin great til then, shit.

I sorta am hating the people here around my college more and more every now an then.

jesseu2 said:
right after i say "exuse me".. she says "no i dont wanna talk to you" ... and looks straight away as she sat at the tables between post office an coldstone.

were those her exact words?! That's awfully rude :tsk:

She must have had an ice cream cone shoved up her ass. :ohmy:

While I understand your reaction, I wouldn't have stooped to her level of rudeness.

Bonochick said:
While I understand your reaction, I wouldn't have stooped to her level of rudeness.

I disagree. I am the most mild mannered person you could meet. But if someone was that rude to me, I'd come up w/ some real clever (and probably dirty) one liner and lay it on her.

Jesse, I found 3 possible non-talkers...was it this lady????

2917zn1o.jpg

Or maybe this one?

kathy6.jpg

Or this one???

red_next_to_wall.jpg

All right, just trying to cheer you up...you'll never see her again....

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that telling someone to go to hell is far more rude than another person telling you they don't want to talk to you.

GibsonGirl said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that telling someone to go to hell is far more rude than another person telling you they don't want to talk to you.

I agree :huh: In this day and age I dont think its that rude for someone to not want to watch or be responsible for a strangers bike :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
What a cunt :mad:

Ok that's quite enough, this word is disgusting and no need for it to be posted :down:

..along with 'punch her in the ovaries'. This thread is going to end up closed.

Bonochick said:

I agree:up: even though what she said was incrediably rude.

Put yourselves in my shoes with a disability and think about this. I have been picked on while i grew uo as a teenager an a little in my 20's and i do not take any bullshit from anybody anymore. I don't like letting people get away with this anymore so thats why i said that to her. I couldn't just walk away quietly. I am pretty much a nice guy to everybody but theres a point when you just totally cross the line but ... I am not a racist person i ensure you, I know a few gays/lesbians so don't think i'm raciist, ok? This lady probably thought i was asking for money but she did not even turn around to take a look at who it was, she just looked out of the corners of her eye, i was all dressed up in nice clothes for cryin out loud, not lookin like a bum askin for change!

Last edited:
Some people just have off days.
Shrug it off and don't worry about it so much. I'm sure there are plenty of times you are snappy to strangers and don't intentionally mean to be.

Neither what she said or what you said was right. Next time, just laugh it off like she's the weird one.

Yeah, you were still out of line. A simple sarcastic, "nice talking to ya", would have worked.

She could have found out her grandfather died for crying out loud. You don't, jumping to conclusions and judging her is out of line.

jesseu2 said:
Put yourselves in my shoes with a disability and think about this.

I appreciate where you're coming from. When people ask me to watch their place in line, or to watch their luggage at the airport while they go to the bathroom (which anyone today should know better than to ask) I generally just smile and say no, sorry, I can't. But saying "no I don't wanna talk to you" probably made you feel like it was because of your disability. I'm sorry that happened to you. :hug: But I also think it's not a great idea to ask a stranger for a favor like that, unless you've been hanging out with them in the U2 line all day or something. As a woman, I would be especially uncomfortable if the request came from a man. It's too bad we live in a world where people are suspicious of each other.

I would have done the "kill em with kindness" approach in my sweetest voice and very calmly and slowly I would have said to her "Well thank you anyway, sorry I bothered you" and let it go. Hopefully the message would have struck her and who knows, maybe she may have waited for you to come back out of the shop and apologized to you for her rudeness. Just because someone is rude doesn't mean it is an open invitation to bark back....don't stoop to that level, hold your chin up and your head up high and rise above it. It's true about Karma.....don't let anything you'd say in return end up bringing you the bad kind of Karma, dude! :shame:

Carek1230 said:
I would have done the "kill em with kindness" approach in my sweetest voice and very calmly and slowly I would have said to her "Well thank you anyway, sorry I bothered you" and let it go.

I used that technique when I lived in NYC. When people were pushing and shoving to get on the bus or the subway sometimes (if I was in the mood to be nice) I'd step aside and smile and say, "After you." It would really freak people out, lol. They didn't know how to respond.

at school, I walk through the cramped halls everyday and it's always great when people

a) stop in front of you and start making out or something equally ridiculous
b) stop and run into you and it's all "my" fault
c) I really don't know what to put here, but having a C makes this whole thing look nicer and well thought out.

jesseu2 said:
Put yourselves in my shoes with a disability and think about this. I have been picked on while i grew uo as a teenager an a little in my 20's and i do not take any bullshit from anybody anymore. I don't like letting people get away with this anymore so thats why i said that to her. I couldn't just walk away quietly. I am pretty much a nice guy to everybody but theres a point when you just totally cross the line but ... I am not a racist person i ensure you, I know a few gays/lesbians so don't think i'm raciist, ok? This lady probably thought i was asking for money but she did not even turn around to take a look at who it was, she just looked out of the corners of her eye, i was all dressed up in nice clothes for cryin out loud, not lookin like a bum askin for change!

I don't get it. You decide to approach someone that you do not know, to ask them to do you a favor. If "she did not even turn around", that suggests that you didn't even bother to make eye contact with her before imposing on her with your request -- a request that would trouble many people. (Why don't you take your bike with you? Why don't you have a bike lock? When are you coming back? Is it even your bike?) When she choses not to be imposed upon by a stranger, your response is anger -- and some sense that your anger and your rudeness is justified. Which, to me, suggests that her reluctance to do a favor for a complete stranger is -- at least in part -- good judgement.
I'm startled by your inability to imagine this situation from her point of view. So yeah, she could have been nicer, but you had already imposed upon her -- and perhaps even ignored clear signals from her (such as lack of eye contact, and not responding to your initial comment) that she did not want to be approached by a stranger -- or imposed upon. Whew. So, put yourself in HER shoes. This may have nothing to do with your "disability", or your race. It certainly has nothing to do with you being "picked on". This woman didn't even know you -- much less your personal history.
If this is an example of what it means to be "pretty much a nice guy to everybody", well, I guess we have VERY different standards. Reading this has reminded me why "don't talk to strangers" is a very good rule.

LemonMacPhisto said:
at school, I walk through the cramped halls everyday and it's always great when people

c) I really don't know what to put here, but having a C makes this whole thing look nicer and well thought out.

:lol:

Also when they turn around really quickly and bash you with their backpacks :angry:

She may have been in the middle of a bad day, as others have mentioned. It's too easy to take a brief moment and generalize it out of proportion...maybe she hadn't had her caffeine/coffee fix yet. Even the most pathetically friendly people can snap in that kind of moment.

vivalapopedge said:

Also when they turn around really quickly and bash you with their backpacks :angry:

...and, while you're looking at a book, or something on a store shelf, people often walk in front of you without saying "excuse me."

:mad: x 2

Back
Top Bottom