some idiots tried to kidnap my cat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
ok so here's what happened...a few days ago, these kids came up to my door with my cat and they told my sister they wanted to keep her, and she said hell no! she's mine! give her to me! so they did. then yesterday and today, my cat was gone, missing. i immediately thought of those kids, and maybe they took her. so today, i told one of the kids across the street from me to deliver a message to them that if they didnt return my cat, that i would call the police or the sherrifs....anything to scare them into bringing shilo back. my daughter's been crying all day for her, missing her like hell. i mean its not like whining, we're talking distraught, heartbroken...well, this older lady and this guy comes to my door about 10 minutes later saying that the cat in question is her cat, and she looks just like the one that i described. we got into an argument, i stated facts, she stated bullshit, saying that i was out of line threatening to call the sheriffs, and all that. i would normally agree, that threats dont work, but this was my cat we're talking about! so i just stated again...if my cat wasn't returned to me by 6pm tonight, i would call the police. so she said "ok, i'll give you the cat even though its mine, i don't do well with stress." so THE SAME KID WHO BROUGHT MY CAT BACK AND ASKED TO KEEP HER gave her to me right then and there. my daughter went crazy taking her into her arms and crying tears. those damn assholes were there watching my baby crying for my cat. it makes me so mad they would do something like that. now im the most hated woman on the block. EVERYONE KNOWS about my cat and how i fought for her to be returned to me, but i guess im still the bad guy:| :reject: :slant:

omg thats shocking nellie
who cares what they all think, its your cat!
im glad you got her back.

too mad for words

Oh my god F THAT.

You are so not the bad guy. I would have been going ballistic if it were my cat. :mad: :madspit:

I'm glad you got her back.

awww no nellie, you're not that bad guy and i am sure the rest of your neighbors dont think that. what kind of jerks would do that? I am sorry you have to live near them. but happy you managed to get your cat back :)

at least its a happier ending than that story about the guy who beat the pitbull in a laundromat in philly. the dog had escaped and the guy chased it in there and beat it so badly that its in critical condition now and may have to be put down :(

that's terrible nellie....but I'm glad you got her back.

:hug: for you and daisy

WTF?!?!?!!!??!

If anybody tried to pull that shit with us, we'd be doing the same thing you did!!!!!!!!! That is complete bullshit!!!!!!!!!! Our cats are our babies...we'd be devastated if anything ever happened to them!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is totally crazy and bizarre :eek:

i'm so sorry you had to go through that, but i'm glad you got it back. be careful!

I think you did the absolute right thing! How dare they steal your beloved pet! I agree it would be a good idea to keep her close to home for a while. Maybe if you run into these idiots again you can suggest they adopt a cat at the local shelter if they want one so badly!

OMG - what the :censored: is wrong with some people? :(

I don't think you're the bad guy at all - those people evidently have some pretty major issues if they'd not only try to steal your cat but also try to pretend it's theirs!

I'm glad your cat is safe back home now :)

im one relieved chick

thanks guys, it means alot to me to have your support. some of the neighbors were passing my house, and looking at me, giving me dirty looks and shit cuz of my threat to that psycho lady. you would think i would be the one giving the looks. they have never seen me as the angry and threatening type before, so i guess it took them by surprise that i would threaten to call the police over my cat.

so when we finally got her inside after the whacko lady left, i let shilo back into my mom's room to let her roam around. she was sniffing around, and was not really acting herself at all. usually she's very needy towards me, always wanting me to pick her up or she's always trying to climb onto my lap while im working on the computer. well, she was exactly the opposite when they give her to me, and im thinking oh fuck they switched my cat for another one. but as time went on, she became her usual self. what pissed me off is that she smelled of cigarette smoke, she was scared, and reallly confused about where she was. she was wandering around the house, sniffing, and i was really worried that they did something to her or god forbid it was another cat that looked like her. maybe its just me and all, but i really thought they did some terrible shit to her. late last night, i realized she was fine, when she jumped onto my lap and sat there for a good hour and she slept with me on my bed all night:love:

it is the best feeling in the world to have her with me again. i will not let her out of the house until i find out what i can do to prevent that from ever happening again. i can't imagine any cat not being able to go outside to enjoy the air, grass, etc...its just animal instinct for them to want to be outside. i know its a huge risk for me to let her go outside again...i seriously dont want her go to outside, but my cat's already going nuts staying inside the house. i know they have something where vets can put a chip under the cat's skin to track her down if she gets lost or kidnapped again. anyone know anything about this? i am really seriously thinking of doing this. i dont care how much it costs i will do it if its something my sister will consider doing also. anyways, here's a pic of my kitty

Attachments

• shilo.jpg
    shilo.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 16
Re: im one relieved chick

nellie said:
i know its a huge risk for me to let her go outside again...i seriously dont want her go to outside, but my cat's already going nuts staying inside the house. i know they have something where vets can put a chip under the cat's skin to track her down if she gets lost or kidnapped again. anyone know anything about this? i am really seriously thinking of doing this. i dont care how much it costs i will do it if its something my sister will consider doing also. anyways, here's a pic of my kitty

Awww, your cat is beautiful! :)

The chip under the skin thing is called microchipping, the vet puts a tiny chip with a barcode on it under the animal's skin and then if the animal is ever lost, a vet can scan it and the barcode will show up on a computer system with the animal's owner's name and address recorded on it. I guess it would be a good idea if you were afraid they might try to take your cat again because then you'd be able to prove she's your cat, and also it might deter them from trying anything if they know she can be identified easily.

Also, does your cat like to spend lots of time outside? Both my cats are indoor cats, but one of them sometimes likes to play in the garden if I sit with her and make sure she doesn't wander off. They're pretty content with that, so long as they can go outside once in a while.

aww nellie, your cat is so cute!

i can't believe they did that! :mad: i swear, some people are nuts. if anything, there's plenty of cats in shelters who need homes, if they want a cat so badly, they can go get their own!

all four of my cats are indoor-only, except for the few times the oldest two have run outside. i still remember the last time, when my poor kitty tasmania was left outside in the rain while we were on vacation, but luckily our neighbour who was watching the house and our cats let her in and stuff.

anyway, do you have a screened-in porch? that's how we always satisfied our cats' wanting to go outside. i miss having a porch. :( if not, i'd say the same thing fizzy does with her cats, just watch her while she's outside. luckily, since they don't have to go outside to pee or anything like a dog, you could just let them out for like 15 minutes a day or so, so those psychos can't swipe your cat again! :D

OMG, I cant believe this Nellie!!! Thats really twisted.

Sadly, with all my cats, they simply disappeared without a trace.:sad:
I remember once how some stupid kids tried to blame the scratch one of them had on our blue eyed, deaf, white cat Treetop. :rolleyes:

They tried to say the cat had rabies,etc.

Idiots. :barf:

Anyway, I'm just really glad you got your dear one back. Thanks God! :)

Last edited:
That really sucks that shilo had to go through that crap.. and feel weird in her own home. Assholes. :mad: She is so cute.. and looks so original I'm sure you would know if its not your cat.

It would definatly drive a cat crazy to be locked up inside if they're used to going in and out..the chip thing would be cool if it could actually track where the cat is.

I'm glad she's back to her old self :heart:

If anyone tried to steal sasha I'd personally kick their ass :mad:

Or she would.. lol

sasha7-12-024.jpg

That sucks that people would treat you that way....

I'm sorry but pet owners always know their animals....You could stick my dogs in a room full of chocolate labs and I could find my babies......The whole cats look alike is bull.

Poor Shilo...who knows what that pyscho did to her :mad:

But i'm glad she is doing better now

hi nellie, i'll have to come back later and read what happened. I am glad your cat is back as I said earlier. You know I love cats.
I had to rush off this morning and stop for fuel at the local store. The storekeeper was standing out the front holding a black kitten, he just got it. I got to tell him a quick story about Danni, my big beautiful black cat I left with my parents when I moved down here. I'd like to get to know the shop cat, but he has to learn to stay out the back. I'll behave:)
I can almost hear yours purring. Beautiful unique creatures.
I'll come back and read his and your story.

I once posted a bit of a poem I wrote about Leni , Danni's brother who had a short life...this is back in the mid 70's.

His eyes are like brocade yellow gold, turquoise blue
His movements are like water
Rippling faults few
He is the colour of the moonwind
Beside Ra he once sat
His name is Leni ]
And he's my cat.....:)

:heart: your cat. I can't have one here, U r lucky

Sicy said:
That really sucks that shilo had to go through that crap.. and feel weird in her own home. Assholes. :mad: She is so cute.. and looks so original I'm sure you would know if its not your cat.

It would definatly drive a cat crazy to be locked up inside if they're used to going in and out..the chip thing would be cool if it could actually track where the cat is.

I'm glad she's back to her old self :heart:

If anyone tried to steal sasha I'd personally kick their ass :mad:

Or she would.. lol

sasha7-12-024.jpg

yeah, i think thats what im gonna do, get the microchip put inside of her just so that she can be identified at least if that lady tries anything again. sicy your cat is beautiful, she looks like she can kick my ass too hehe

Back
Top Bottom