soccer transfers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
because i'm bored

what's gone:

david beckham (man united) to real madrid
keith gillespie (free agent/blackburn) to leicester city
helder postiga (fc porto) to tottenham hotspur
tim howard (ny/nj metrostars ?) to manchester united
harry kewell (leeds united) to liverpool
matty holland (ipswich) to charlton athletic
gabriel batistuta (roma/inter milan) to al-ain
lee bowyer (west ham) to leeds
glen johnson (west ham) to chelski
rustu recber (fenerbahce) to barcelona
oleg luzhny (arsenal/free agent) to wolves

what's on:

damien duff (blackburn) to chelski
sean davis (fulham) to everton (bid rejected)
pierre van hoojidonk (feyenoord) to fenerbahce
mateja kezman (psv) to tottenham
ronaldinho (psg) to manchester united
geremi (real madrid/middlesbrough) to chelski
thierry henry (arsenal) to chelski (bid rejected)

Nice stuff.

I should really start watching futbol again. If you would believe it, my excuse is that I'm not up late enough to watch it. Hmmm... what time is it again?

:sexywink:

Batistuta will play in Quatar or some other arab country, Ronaldinho tranfer to Man U is not sure, Barcelona is offering more money to PSG, Rafael Marquez passed from Monaco to Barcelona, and Bayern Munich is after golden boat winner Roy Makaay.

yertle-the-turtle said:
david beckham (man united) to real madrid
rustu recber (fenerbahce) to barcelona

David beckham:down:
Rustu recber:up: :hyper:

Because D.beckham case is...Oh,another one!!:tsk:
R,recber case is....:hyper:

But I can watch on TV,both!!:applaud:

I don't like Real madeid. Because...you know!!:shrug:
Sorry!Real fan!!

PS:yertle-the-turtle,are you soccer fan or not?

Didn't Leeds sell Bowyer coz he was a dead shit??? Can anyone confirm for sure that he has gone back to Leeds and why???

Yeah, they did go down. My mum's from west ham (although Im a liverpool fan), so Im a little dissappointed too. Still, it was going to take a lot more than Bowyer to save them.

How is Newcastle doing these days betty? Won much? Hmm. Liverpool might concentrate on the Prem League for a while now, instead of winning other things. Maybe Newcastle will follow suit?

Fingers crossed eh?

:)

well the big events have been so far:

christian chivu from ajax to as roma (? 18.000.000)
andy van der meyde from ajax to internazionale (? 6-10.000.000)
mido (ahmed hossam) from ajax to olympique marseille - good luck to them ;) (i believe some ? 4-5.000.000)
joey didulica from ajax to austria wien (dunno)

on the other hand:

wesley sonck from genk to ajax (dunno)
jullien escud? (brother from famous tennis player) from stade rennais to ajax (? 4-5.000.000)
sander boschker from twente to ajax (dunno)

probably soon:

zdenek grygera from sparta praag to ajax
kalu uche from wisla krakow to ajax

oh and some other good transfer news:

pierre 'pi-air' van hooijdonck from feyenoord to fenherbace. the poor sods couldnt keep their one very good player. since he's gone they already lost twice to some german 2nd divisionists. hahaha. (forgive me, fellow dutch interferians, but its too funny. feyenoord will finish probably 6th or 7th in the dutch competition, they have a very mediocre team now especially if bosveldt also leaves)

Last edited:
Newcastle have won what recently? I can count 6 trophies that Liverpool have won in the few seasons. How many did Newcastle even get close in?

yes ajax and ajax are clean as a whistle. they wipe out anything that comes in their way. be it feyenoord or some other piece of s:censored:t :wink:

angie, you make me proud :D

I predict a horrid year for feyenoord,
but they should still finish in 3rd place :mad:

yertle-the-turtle said:
bosvelt off to man city

Yes, I've heard that yesterday. :grumpy: Would the last one please turn off the lights. All their experienced players are going to other clubs (Kalou to Auxerre, Emerton to Blackburn Rovers, Van Hooijdonk to Fenerbace and now Bosvelt to Manchester City). I hope some players can develop very fast, but I fear this will only be clear through the hard way... :|

C ya!

Marty

I can't believe my team (Portsmouth) signed Teddy Sheringham:scratch: Why!!?? I guess it's the way all teams go when they've been promoted to the Prem League, get some experienced campaigners in. What we need is pace and flare.

Back
Top Bottom