So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My top three couples based on last night's show:
Sabra and Dominic
Sara and Pasha
Anya and Danny

Bottom three:
Jaime and Hok
Lauren and Neil
Lacey and Kameron

I think that Hok is really in danger this week and wouldn't be surprised if he gets the boot. Which would make me a little sad, I've always really liked him...but the competition is really tough this year. Dominic has way outshined him as a "b-boy doing other styles". Kameron too is in danger, imho. For the girls, I would say Lauren or Anya. Personally, I wish Lauren would have been gone eons ago. And if we were voting off the most annoying person, it would have to be Jaime. She dances beautifully but she ruins it when she opens her mouth and starts blathering inane comments.

Btw, I totally loved Danny's performance last night. I still think they'll be in the bottom three just because ballroom dancing tends to get less votes and also because the judges have conditioned the audience from the beginning to dislike Danny because of his "arrogance" (which I think is a crock...the dude can dance and he has self-confidence...so what?!?). Also Lacey and Kameron, although they deserve to be in the bottom, will get the Benji-fan votes not to mention they seem to have a significant fan-base. So even though they sucked last night, I think they're safe.

Anyways, I have guests over for dinner tonite, so I won't be watching till later. Thank goodness for DVR. :D

WildHoneyAlways said:
I was not impressed with the hip-hop routine this week. The choreography was just "eh." A high school poms squad could have done it. Lacy and her icky weave need to go.

I agree with you. Sadly, it seems like they are really pushing for Lacey to win the whole thing. Even when she's mediocre, the judges seem to fawn all over her.

As for Pasha, unfortunate outfit aside, I love him. He's such a gorgeous dork.

I do not know all the couples names, but I thought the contemporary dance this week was awesome...they were not in sync for some of their side by side movements, but I thought the dance was really cool

Guess I pretty much called it. Lacey and Kameron are saved despite the fact that they sucked. Danny and Anya end up in the bottom. Anya gets cut (although I would have let Lauren go) and Hok goes. No surprises tonite. I did like that they had the tap dancer and it was nice to have a musical guest that someone over the age of 16 might actually listen to. Normally I fast-forward the music stuff, but this was ok. A little slow but not so annoying as Fergie lipsyncing on teetering platform shoes. :tsk:

So, now the judges are out of the way. Who will get cut by lack of votes next week? And how will the partnering shape up? hmmm.

I loved Hok, but I knew he was going to leave. :(

Lacey needs to go. I can't stand her. She's so arrogant just because she is Benji's sister.

If a girl wins this, I think Sara should. Maybe Jamie.

As far as guys go, Neil and Pascha are my absolute favorites. I think Pascha is the best, but Neil is a close second.

Next week, I think Cameron and Lauren will go. Since I know Lacey won't. :rant:

Last edited:
I was so sad to see Hok go tonight. He was my favourite, and I hoped they would have cut Neil, but such is the way this show is. He's a phenomenal dancer, and I'm going to miss him.

Anya I didn't particularly care about - I really wanted Lauren gone, though. She aggravates the hell out of me for some reason.

Dominic and Sabra and Sara and Pasha are my favourites. Their routines have consistently been entertaining and fabulous.

I am only 22 minutes into the 90 minute show here on the west coast.

and I can say
Cameron is a light weight.

send this boy home

At first the whole solo dance thing was confusing. I don't think they explained it properly in the very beginning. Then again, I never saw the first season, so maybe it's the norm :reject:

I still like Pasha. Got a phone call in the middle of the show, so wasn't completely focused on the rest. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

I was bored by the solos, I just didn't care to see the same boring (yes, I realize "boring" is my opinion) dance ten times. :yawn:

I know Im of a huge minority, but when I watch Danny dance, I just see pure fluidity and magice, I understand that it could be so much more with a bit more emotion from him, but it is already so beautiful to watch cant imagine what it would be like with the emotion thrown in....he is just wow in my book....Sabra I like alot too

Lacey - I dont get what they see in here, all I get is nothing special.

Bonochick said:
I was bored by the solos, I just didn't care to see the same boring (yes, I realize "boring" is my opinion) dance ten times. :yawn:

I somewhat agree with you there.

On one hand, it's great to see how they all do while doing the same exact dance... you can see more easily who has the all around technique, the passion, etc. But on the other hand... I was tired of seeing the same dance after a while and certainly sick of hearing the same song.

cruzila said:

I somewhat agree with you there.

On one hand, it's great to see how they all do while doing the same exact dance... you can see more easily who has the all around technique, the passion, etc. But on the other hand... I was tired of seeing the same dance after a while and certainly sick of hearing the same song.

But
it did put everything on the same playing feild

and I guess the yell was to see who would/ could not hold back? commit with some passion?

Of the five women
I can not say one is not up to par

as for the guys
Kareron is the weakest link

and I am liking Neil a bit more,
I would not have cared if he went out early on
but the last 3 weeks he has gotten some good choreography
and he has proven that he is deserving of being there, still.

Who got sent home?!?! I missed it! :scream:

EDIT:

Never mind. Wikipedia is my friend.

Kameron and Jamie, huh?

No surprise, yeah.

I kind of hope Lacey will leave, as I said earlier.
Or Lauren.

For the guys, I want Danny to go. Maybe Dominic. He's good, but not the best.

Last edited:
Pretty good show tonight except for the Hip Hop routine. I was not a fan of that, Push it real good! :lol:

Neil and Lacey did a great job interpreting Mia Michaels story. I, along with everyone else on the show, teared up.

Weakest female tonight imo was Sara and male was Dominic. Strongest I thought was Sabra and Pasha.

Overall, I didn't think it was a stand-out night. Maybe because the partnerships are so new and there is a general lack of chemistry...I dunno. I did like Sabra and Pasha; I think they hit both of their numbers very solidly and were entertaining. Lauren just needs to leave....now. blech. I actually thought that Danny did just fine in hip-hop but what do I know. I also think that Sara has become a lot more well-rounded than I expected of her. As much as I have enjoyed Dominic over the course of the show, I think his inexperience is starting to show. Neil too I am not real crazy about. He's an excellent gymnast but I don't really buy him as the best dancer. :shrug:

Weakest for me:
Dominic
Lauren
Lacey
Neil

meh, I am mad that Lauren is STILL hanging on. I could have happily seen her gone eons ago. blech. I really liked Sara. :(

Dominic was cute and fun, but definitely this was his week to leave. Oh and what's up with the scary stalker behaviour towards Cat??? :eek:

I vote for Sabra to win the whole thing. :up:

Neil does nothing for me :sigh:

I like Sabra too.. I think she's an awesome dancer.

Back
Top Bottom