So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ThoraSEB said:
I was really impressed with Anya and Danny tonight. The part where she's standing on one foot, and he's spinning around her was incredible! :ohmy: :love:

I picked her last week.

That pink dress was terrible tonight,
but she still rocked it.

Cedric should definitely have gone. He can't dance with a partner. Unfair for Jimmy. Faina's "dance for your life" was very weak. And I'm surprised they weren't thrilled with Pasha's DFYL, cuz I really liked it, and the song as well. Then again he and his partner should never have been in the bottom 3

C'est la vie

I'm gonna join in on this conversation :wave:

I agree completely with deep. Nothing more from me :wink: I thought Shauna's (that's her name, right?) solo was horrible and Jesse's was great! I don't know what the judges were thinking....

Cedric should have gone for sure. But I agree about Faina.

I was equally appalled when Pasha and Jesse ended up in the bottom 3 :tsk:

I didn't get to see the regular show on Wednesday night, so I'm just going off the recaps from last night, but I was also very surprised to see them in the bottom.

Sicy said:
Cedric should have gone for sure. But I agree about Faina.

If you go solely on the
dance for you life
criteria.

I could agree.

but this is a "partners competion" and her partner is what put her in jepardy in the first place.

The blonde girl, Shauna did get a good crowd reaction as did Cedric.

But I think overall Farina is superior to her.

I expect her to wash out in the next couple of weeks.

As should Cedric.

I guess I think
the dance for your life
should only matter if what brought the dancers this far is pretty even.

I was supprised that Jimmy went over Cedric. I'm sure he's frustrated because I think they were in the bottom 3 because of Shauna...he was great in that dance, she sucked. She ends up being safe and he gets kicked off. Cedric will be in teh bottom 3 again next week...hopefully he finally go then.

Well, going strictly by the solo performances, I think that Jesse should have been kicked off. I was expecting Shauna to go, but she really nailed her solo, imho, while Jesse's was :yawn: and very boring. Faina did ok, but as my bf kept saying, we saw Heidi KILL solo routines in the same style last season. Definitely surprised that Jimmy was let go over Cedric. I think that Cedric is definitely amazing at what he does and he didn't do all that bad at learning some new styles, but overall the competition is so fierce this season that "pretty good" doesn't cut it. I wonder if the fact that Pasha and Faina dance together in real life had anything to do with the judges decision. If they had let Cedric and Jesse go, Faina would have been paired up with Pasha which may (or may not) have given them an advantage.

Anyways, I was surprised to find Pasha and Jesse in the bottom three couples. I loved their routine. As much as I like Hok, I thought he and his partner would have been in the bottom three. Also, for some reason I wasn't totally blown away by Cameron and Lacey. Considering the routine, I think that Cameron could have "brought it" a little more...couldn't help but think of Benjie doing a similar routine and taking the house down. Aaaaanyways, will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Oh and Jesus....totally rocked that paso doble!!! :combust:

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish American Idol would adopt a similar format, where the viewers' votes put people in the bottom 3, and the judges decide who goes home. :(

:ohmy: Nigel and Mary tore into Cedric.. poor guy... they ripped him to shreads basically but debbie allen showed them and gave him scholarship to her dance academy... hmph.. take that nigel and mary! :madspit:

wow, what a night! I agree that Nigel and Mary didn't really need to tear into Cedric like that. C'mon, the kid KNOWS he's not as versatile as the other dancers, he's owning it and not making excuses. I think he'll be leaving next week, but I like him and hope he does well with his scholarship.

Standouts....definitely Jesus and Sara. I'm really impressed with Jesus. As I like to tell my boyfriend, "Jesus can do anything" (cuz he's JESUS, man!!!) :lol: Again, Dominic surprises with his ability to not only do more than spin on his head but to look damn good at it. To be honest, I thought Danny and Anya did a credible job at their hiphop routine, given their backgrounds. And Pasha...well. He gives Dmitri a run for his money and he does it while keeping his shirt on. :D

Can't forget to mention, totally love Wade Robson's choreography. You always know it's going to be something totally original and this was no exception. Great work by Hok and Jamie. :up:

I absolutely loved Sabra and Dominic. Their routine was fantastic.

Jamie and Hok were incredible. I felt like a dweeb, but I totally cried. :reject: It was so beautiful.

Pasha's partner - Jessi (I think) had heart problems or something, and she's in the hospital. He danced with the assistant of the choreographer.

I definitely like Pasha. Hope his partner is well enough to dance for her life tomorrow, or she's off the show.

Cedric will probably be gone too. I think they were all really good tonight :up:

WTF????? I don't care how catty the judges were to Cedric, he definitely did NOT deserve to stay. It's painful to watch.

And now one of my absolute favorite dancers in the entire competition gets screwed because of it. arrrrrg! :mad:

Well the bright side is that at least Jessi is gone. Couldn't stand her. Babyoil indeed. pfft.

Poor Jessi :sad: I wasn't crazy about her, but I feel bad that Pasha has to dance with hip-hop girl Sara now :( It hurts me!!

I can't believe Shauna and Cedric were safe. They didn't deserve that. And Neil & Lauren were in the bottom?!?! :ohmy: At least they both danced well....at least Neil did....:giggle:

sulawesigirl4 said:
WTF????? I don't care how catty the judges were to Cedric, he definitely did NOT deserve to stay. It's painful to watch.

And now one of my absolute favorite dancers in the entire competition gets screwed because of it. arrrrrg! :mad:

Agreed! WTF!??

Back
Top Bottom