So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very sad to see Musa and Dmitry go. They may not be the best dancers but they are easy on the eyes and entertaining to watch.

I'm becoming more and more impressed with Travis the more I see. The Mia Michaels routine he and Heidi did was just phenomenal! I think that Martha as a partner kinda dragged him down. As much as she has talent, I never felt like she was really INTO it. :huh:

I think in the end it will come down to Benji, Donyelle, Travis, and Allison.

Forgot to mention this...how funny was it when they asked Dmitry to dance one more time, and then they screwed his music up twice? :giggle: He looked so confused and was just gonna go with it, but they got the right song on then.

lol, yeah I noticed that. Poor Dmitry...they gave him like 3 different music cues but he was game to dance to any of them, if they could just settle on one! :lol:

Ok that Mambo was SMOKIN :combust: Mambo is exactly the same as Salsa except they dance on a different beat. That was seriously the shit. I want to learn how to spin under the guys leg like she did :drool:

I agree--I would have fallen flat on my toushy!! I also loved that move b/c of Benji's severe leg control-he was not falling over ever!!

Allison and Benjy....:yes: :yes: :yes:

Keep forgetting to mention this...does anybody else think that Heidi looks a lot like Reese Witherspoon?

I missed the show last night, and will miss next week's shows as well. Hopefully my favourites will still be in the running when I get back from my vacation. :D

:hmm: I can sorta see the resemblance to Reese Witherspoon.

Yeah, that Mambo was HOTHOTHOT! :drool: Heidi and Benji dance so well as a pair. And it was great to see Ivan and Allison back together...they're adorable.

I'm guessing that Ryan and Natalie are both leaving the show tonite.

Bonochick said:
Keep forgetting to mention this...does anybody else think that Heidi looks a lot like Reese Witherspoon?

She does!! I dont like her mouth though.. I dunno, its like square or something lol. And when she smiles it looks like its an upside down smile. Her body is slammin though.

I swear all of Nigel's shows (well at least this one and American Idol) always have a big shocker around the 4 to go slot...:(

I though Allison was gonna win it all. But I also though Tamayra Gray, Latoya London and Chris Daugtry would win it all too.......:huh:

:sad: I totally thought Allison would make it into the top 3 if not win the whole thing. How on EARTH could anyone pick Natalie over her???? :mad:

blah.

I almost don't want to watch next week. But I know I will. lol.

Heidi is going to win now :sigh: She's great but I dunno, I really really liked Allison.

I had no idea Heidi and Benji were cousins :yikes:

from salon.com

...Luckily, Lythgoe was happy to get a little reckless to make up for those well-mannered kids, and went so far as to demean the show's prizes: "This season we're giving [away] an SUV, a hundred thousand dollars, and a year's contract, should the dancer want it, with the Celine Dion show ... We're not sure if that's a prize or a punishment."

Even though dancing to Celine Dion's music night after night is obviously a hellish fate of Sisyphean proportions, it was tragic to see Allison, arguably the best dancer on the show, eliminated on Thursday night, thanks to the consistently shitty taste of voters nationwide. You see, unfortunately enough, America is going to choose the ultimate winner, and not the judges, despite the fact that America clearly doesn't know a thing about dancing and isn't remotely qualified to vote for a president, let alone the best Cuban rumba. In fact, America is like the aggressive little brother who overturns the Risk board in a temperamental rage when he loses an important battle in Kamchatka, and then runs to his room in tears. America shouldn't really be trusted with any big responsibilities at all, whether it's negotiating a cease-fire in the Middle East or dictating which dancer on "So You Think You Can Dance" is cursed with gyrating to the strains of "My Heart Will Go On" for months on end.

:lol:

Regarding last night's show...I think Ivan and Natalie are going to go tonite. At least I HOPE it will be Natalie. She should have been gone a while ago. I think Donyelle will be in the bottom 2 girls. She did not seem on her game at all last night. What was up with her solo dance? :huh:

I continue to be impressed with Travis. And although I really didn't like Heidi much at the beginning of the show, she has improved a lot and shown ability to learn a lot of different techniques. Overall however, I think Benji is going to win the whole thing. He has the crowd appeal thing down pat.

It was nice to have Mia Michaels back on the panel of judges last night. :up:

The Waltz was absolutely beautiful. I agree its time for Natalie to go. I think what the judge was saying about her facial expressions was right on. She just looks like she's trying to hard. And I really dont care for the contemporary routines :reject:

Aaaaand as predicted, it's Ivan and Natalie who get the boot. What surprised me was that Travis had more votes than Benji. That must be the first time that Benji has ever been in the bottom two. :ohmy:

Well I think Heidi will definately win out of the 2 girls and not sure about the guys. I really liked the Disco/Hustle they did. The Salsa was ok.. the Mambo they did the other week was better. The Salsa was a slow Salsa and they didnt do many tricks.. and they did sidebreaks :no: that's so 'ballroom' not club Salsa. :yuck:

heidi :up:

most of the time i think benji is better

than when benji and travis are dancing together
travis seems a bit better:shrug:

My vote goes to Travis. :up: He's super-talented, well-rounded and manages to make every dance look easy. In that last dance where all four contestants were on, he was definitely the one that held my attention. On a total sidenote, his older brother is a graduate of the Conservatory at the university where I work. :D

In the end, I think Benji will win tho. Which is fine too because he's certainly got charisma.

it was on down here
after the news special about the plane bombers

travis won

Wed 8/16 9:00 PM
So You Think You Can Dance KTTV

Voting results reveal America's number-one dancer;

duration: 120 min

I believe the winners will be revealed next week. Wednesday as usual if I'm not mistaken. And of course they will draw it out as much as possible. "America has voted...and....you.....are...."

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom