So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you ever want to see just how bad some teachers are turn to those dance competitions they have on ESPN (usually with the cheerleading ones) Some of those dancers are so awful.

Okay so now what happens is that each week the teams divide. They pick names out of hats to see who is dancing with who and then they pick dances out of a hat...anything from the vienna waltz to disco to hip hop. The audience votes it gets narrowed done to two boys and two girls and then they "dance for their life". THEN one boy and one girl gets knocked off.

It gets really good when the hip hoppers have to waltz and the waltzers hip hop!! But this show gets amazing.

Also I think Benji might have an unfair advantage. He could pick his cousin which we all know he can partner!!

yeah, but he may never end up picking her.....remember Artem and Snow last year (both ballroomers) NEVER drew each other. It's luck really.

I can't understand why they didn't pick Mallory (the last chick who was pretty upset). She was a phenomenal dancer.

Yesterday I went to Fenway for a game, was sitting drinking a beer at the Cask&Flagon and who walks by?....Mickey!!! (the really young tapper with the brilliant blue eyes and curly balck hair. I dropped my beer and ran out to shake his hand. He was very nice, shaking my hand and saying that he will definatly try out again next year!!:wink: :wink: He also seemed amazed by how many people kept coming up to him after seeing the show. He was really happy about it all.
Needless to say this was the highlight of my day after the Red Sox lost 13-6:madspit:

Anyone have any favorites? I really enjoyed the Foxtrot and the hip hop stuff. Bummed I missed a Salsa.. I heard someone did last week I guess.

My favourites are definitely Benji and Donyelle. They have so much personality, are great dancers, and are a lot of fun to watch. The other dancers were okay this week, but Benji and Donyelle are definitely the best, in my opinion! :happy:

Good lord, that had to be the WORST lip synching performace I have EVER seen :crazy:

Sicy said:
Good lord, that had to be the WORST lip synching performace I have EVER seen :crazy:

I love that song, but I thought she left a lot to be desired as a performer.

Sicy said:

:yes: It was pretty awful. If you have to lip-synch - why even bother "performing" for god's sake?!

Anyways, I wasn't surprised to see Joy eliminated. Didn't care either way about any of the guys.

That Argentine Tango was.. :combust:

My mom is taking it right now.. I should probly take it but I'm too into my Salsa to care about any other dance lol.

I love Dimitri, but that performance was an absolute trainwreck. I couldn't understand the praise they were getting at all.

Once again, I kind of missed the Salsa routine :| I was outside on the patio, but I saw a bit of it and what I saw was really good.

I'm ashamed to say it but I'm hooked to this show. A guilty little pleasure. :D

Dmitry...be still my beating heart!

So glad that Jessica and Jaymz (what kind of a spelling is that anyways?) got booted off as they are definitely my least fav couple.

Loving Musa and Natalie and of course Benji and Donyelle.

Musa off.................crap.

Sorry he may be hot but Dimitri sure sucked in both his partner dance and the solo....

Ok I think its time Dimitry just button up his shirt cuz its getting old! lol!

Another thing, I'm a ballroom dancer, and when I watch them do dances like the Salsa or the Samba tonite, its just funny because they pretty much only did like one actual Samba move. It's mostly all just coreography. So dont be fooled!!:wink:

Heidi and Benji are my favorites. I'd be very pleased with either of them winning. :yes:

I was thinking that the Samba didn't seem like much of a Samba to me...:scratch:...but I don't know much about dancing, so I figured I must have just been confused. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom